Navel Piercing

• Re: Navel Piercing

Kate.x wrote:

I got my bellybutton pierced a little over a month ago and it's already infected (no surprise for me because I suck at cleaning all of my piercings).
      I've been cleaning it with soap every-other-day like the piercer told me, and I've been cleaning it less regulary with rubbing alcohol but it's not doing anything for me.
      So I don't need a lecture or anything I just need to know if anyone has gotten theirs infected and what did you do to clear it up?

:eek:
      I've had mine for 2 years, got it done at the shop I used to work at, never once cleaned it when I got it done and it never got infected.
      [CENTER]Haynes: this internet dies more then tupac[SIZE=6]
      REPOST POLICE
      [/SIZE]

LolGecko;260339 wrote:

ROFL:lol:
      ALL HAIL MissV!

[/CENTER]

Navel piercing can take up to a year to fully heal. So its quite probaly you will meet problems. Also look out for signs of rejection.

I haven't got my navel pierced but i use the LITHA ( leave it the hell alone) method,on my tragus and lip, cleaing it only every few days. More so with my lip though as it lymphed waaay more than my tragus

stop washing it with soap now! seriously this is so bad for it, it dries the skin out and makes it stretch (causing infection) its sort of like rubbing soap into an open wound? if you get what i mean. what you need to do is fill a small bowl with warm water and a lot of salt, lean forward and place the bowl over you belly button then lean back, this gives it a salt bath (very healing) after you've done this pat it dry with a towel, don't rub it. do this about 3 times a week, otherwise leave your peircing alone completely you have no idea how many germs are on your fingers.
      if this advise doesn't work get back to me, i got quite a bit of experience with peircings. ;)

My rook piercing got infected pretty much the next day and I had the same problem where it seemed nothing worked. Now I dont knwo if the product I'm gonna mention is avaliable everywhere but I used SpectroJel (its a soap and fragrance free skin cleanser, garanteed non irritating) every day twice a day and I swear by it. I've used it for all of my piercings (5... someone I've told this to went out and used it on their tongue, I deffinately dont reccomend that!) and it's cleared up infections super quick and my piercer loves it too. I also put a drop of peroxide on my piercings once a day, usually at night and that helped speed up the process. Dont use peroxide more then once a day because it will burn your piercing and can cause even more problems.
      If you cant find the spectro, I'm sure if you go to a pharmacy they can help you find a soap free cleanser.

Okay first off, the piercer told you to clean it with soap?
      Did he/she say anything else?
      Yeah, yeah. I know you don't want a lecture, but I'd go to your piercer & bitch slap 'em.

Okay, to get the crust off use some gentle saline soulution, such as a contact lense cleaner.

To actually clean it, buy a bottle of Bactine & squirt some onto a q-tip & go around the holes 3 - 5 times a day.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]I'll make your [SIZE=4]<3[/SIZE] jump[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=2][SIZE=3] like you was on c o c a i n e.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

juniper18 wrote:

My rook piercing got infected pretty much the next day and I had the same problem where it seemed nothing worked. Now I dont knwo if the product I'm gonna mention is avaliable everywhere but I used SpectroJel (its a soap and fragrance free skin cleanser, garanteed non irritating) every day twice a day and I swear by it. I've used it for all of my piercings (5... someone I've told this to went out and used it on their tongue, I deffinately dont reccomend that!) and it's cleared up infections super quick and my piercer loves it too. I also put a drop of peroxide on my piercings once a day, usually at night and that helped speed up the process. Dont use peroxide more then once a day because it will burn your piercing and can cause even more problems.
      If you cant find the spectro, I'm sure if you go to a pharmacy they can help you find a soap free cleanser.

You shouldn't use peroxide on piercings, either.
      Peroxide is used to heal & clean wounds.
      If you get technical about it, piercing yourself is a wound because your gashing skin.
      Using peroxide on a piercing can cause it to close.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=3]I'll make your [SIZE=4]<3[/SIZE] jump[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=2][SIZE=3] like you was on c o c a i n e.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT]

I've used peroxide on every single one of my piercings and it works totally fine as long as you dont use it to often, i've done that too on my first one and all it did was burn it and it was fine in 1 day. Peroxide is made to clean wounds and yes, a piercing is a wound. Peroxide WILL NOT close the piercing because you should always clean it with the jewlery in, there's a set amount of time that you need to keep the jewlery in and it's different for each. This technique's worked for me, and all of my friends.

valatree wrote:

Whether it did or not perioxde should not be used. Its too hars to be appiled to a piercing. It irrates it and prolongs the healing process.

Cleaning a piercing 4, 5 times a day is over cleaning it

Thank you!
      :thumbsup: