Study of....

• Study of....

So what is everyone going to study in school or is already studying? Any career ides? Dreams? Hopes? Do you think your career is realistic? Would your career fit in with having a family? Do you even want one?

Talk discuss share. I think everyone has their own unique view of that they wish to do with their lives:D
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else. [/CENTER]
    • Re: Study of....

I know you and I have discussed this, but I'll post it for everyone to see.

So, I had a lot of things I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to try massage therapy, I wanted to try wedding planning. But I know I need something I can do anywhere I want to go. So I decided on nursing. I was thinking about taking your advice, and doing wedding planning on the side, but I want to have a family. And I don't think I'd have time for my family if I was doing both jobs.

So in December I start school for nursing. It lasts for a year, and then I'm moving back to Pennsylvania to be with my boyfriend.

Shaniqua wrote:

I'm in my second year of college.

Civil engineering. :)

Very nice choice. When did you decide you wanted to do that?

Heatherbby wrote:

I know you and I have discussed this, but I'll post it for everyone to see.

So, I had a lot of things I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to try massage therapy, I wanted to try wedding planning. But I know I need something I can do anywhere I want to go. So I decided on nursing. I was thinking about taking your advice, and doing wedding planning on the side, but I want to have a family. And I don't think I'd have time for my family if I was doing both jobs.

So in December I start school for nursing. It lasts for a year, and then I'm moving back to Pennsylvania to be with my boyfriend.

Not all jobs require such a commitment that you could not do both but it is completely dependent on the person. I think I knew all of that except for the last part. Otherwise awesome plan. :D

- Contemporary Music
      - Studies in Music
      - Audio Design
      - Psychology

I have plans to become a professional musician. I gave up on school years ago, my grades aren't high enough for me to have any "academic success".

Psychology/sociology is something I have developed an interest in. Ever seen the kid in the corner who stares at everyone trying to read people's minds? That's me.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mine is a little up in the air at the moment, but I'll be going to school in January to a community college to get some of my core credits done and to see if I love psychology like I think I will. I want to maybe become a therapist, and that would require a Psy.D (doctorate of psychology). Lots of school and lots of work, but being able to guide people to a better life is worth every minute of it.

And as far as a family goes, I love kids, so I would love to settle down eventually. I want to get school out of the way first so I have time for them and my future wife.
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Aannddyy wrote:

- Contemporary Music
      - Studies in Music
      - Audio Design
      - Psychology

I have plans to become a professional musician. I gave up on school years ago, my grades aren't high enough for me to have any "academic success".

Psychology/sociology is something I have developed an interest in. Ever seen the kid in the corner who stares at everyone trying to read people's minds? That's me.

Corner eh =P Remind me to wear my tinfoil hat to block all telepathic probes ;)
      And what instrument would you play?

Saradactyl wrote:

I'm getting my associates degree in entertainment technologies.. mostly game programming. Then I am going to get my graduate's in social work.

Hmm I like the game programming idea, I always found that interesting =) And social work nice, my parents are in that but my mum is going for her Masters in Public Health and Dad for his Masters in Sociology xD

Esmo wrote:

Currently in upper 6th form doing Drama, History, French and Chemistry A level. Gonna go study History at university.

A history major nice. Any Particular segment of history or any civilization? Or is it just going to be a broad study?

One Love wrote:

Mine is a little up in the air at the moment, but I'll be going to school in January to a community college to get some of my core credits done and to see if I love psychology like I think I will. I want to maybe become a therapist, and that would require a Psy.D (doctorate of psychology). Lots of school and lots of work, but being able to guide people to a better life is worth every minute of it.

And as far as a family goes, I love kids, so I would love to settle down eventually. I want to get school out of the way first so I have time for them and my future wife.

That is a nice plan set out for yourself. I also have a lot of school I will be headed towards. I will be getting my MD or DO in Pediatrics as my specialty but I am not sure on what my sub-specialty might be, I might end up doing a broad section of studies for that. With that I would have to do my Four years to get my BS then off to Med school and get my MD then do a whole slew of things in order to actually get licensed. But I have to say it will all be worth it when I can help the kids that were just like me when I was in the hospital at a younger age. :D

LordOfTheBooks wrote:

Corner eh =P Remind me to wear my tinfoil hat to block all telepathic probes ;)

Tinfoil is no match for my mind powers!

LordOfTheBooks wrote:

And what instrument would you play?

Bass, preferably. Although I can also play drums and am currenly in an acoustic guitar duo with my best friend at school, my heart lies with the bass guitar.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've just applied to do an MA in History and French at university. I would like to study for a PhD afterwards. I don't have any solid career ideas at the moment, I'm looking into getting into student publications at uni, such as the TV station there and the 2 radios or newspaper because I've considered entering broascasting. I would love to work on historical dramas for the BBC but that's a dream. Who knows where I'll end up? My degree course will be 5 years long just for the masters so I have time to think.
      [CENTER]This is a gift it comes with a price
      Who is the lamb and who is the knife
      Midas is king and he holds me so tight
      And turns me to gold in the sunlight
      - Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart

I'm not a misanthrope, but I can utterly empathise with them.
      [/CENTER]

LordOfTheBooks wrote:

That is a nice plan set out for yourself. I also have a lot of school I will be headed towards. I will be getting my MD or DO in Pediatrics as my specialty but I am not sure on what my sub-specialty might be, I might end up doing a broad section of studies for that. With that I would have to do my Four years to get my BS then off to Med school and get my MD then do a whole slew of things in order to actually get licensed. But I have to say it will all be worth it when I can help the kids that were just like me when I was in the hospital at a younger age. :D
      Ahh that would be a very rewarding career. I was actually toying with the idea of maybe becoming a psychiatrist, but I'm not sure if I'm up to med school haha. Who knows, I think that'll probably be my backup if I don't like psychology enough.

I think we both have chosen really rewarding paths. I mean, not only do we get to help people in extraordinary ways, but we get a nice restitution as a part of it. You can't really beat that in my opinion.
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

One Love wrote:

Ahh that would be a very rewarding career. I was actually toying with the idea of maybe becoming a psychiatrist, but I'm not sure if I'm up to med school haha. Who knows, I think that'll probably be my backup if I don't like psychology enough.

I think we both have chosen really rewarding paths. I mean, not only do we get to help people in extraordinary ways, but we get a nice restitution as a part of it. You can't really beat that in my opinion.

Yes it would be quite rewarding. Haha yeah you may enjoy the long courses and hours :p

Being a Doctor is one of the best things to do in the world =)

Tomski wrote:

I've just applied to do an MA in History and French at university. I would like to study for a PhD afterwards. I don't have any solid career ideas at the moment, I'm looking into getting into student publications at uni, such as the TV station there and the 2 radios or newspaper because I've considered entering broascasting. I would love to work on historical dramas for the BBC but that's a dream. Who knows where I'll end up? My degree course will be 5 years long just for the masters so I have time to think.

Nice plan, and yes 5 years is a long time to decided on something but hey no rush right =)?

Aannddyy wrote:

Tinfoil is no match for my mind powers!

Bass, preferably. Although I can also play drums and am currenly in an acoustic guitar duo with my best friend at school, my heart lies with the bass guitar.

My tinfoil has special properties :mad:

Nice, what songs do you enjoy playing most?

LordOfTheBooks wrote:

A history major nice. Any Particular segment of history or any civilization? Or is it just going to be a broad study?

I'm pretty excited to have the chance to study just about anything I like so it'll probably be a really broad study. Also, it won't be a major, or whatever that means because I'll be under the British university system :P.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

I'm studying Sport and Exercise sciences.
      I'm not sure what i want to do to be honest, i'm thinking of a degree in Sport Psychology but i'm not sure, i'm really enjoying training and fitness so i might go into personal training, ah well, i have another year before i need to apply, it will be something sports related whatever happens.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]