Xbox Live Marketplace

• Xbox Live Marketplace

I get that message (or something like it) whenever I try to download certain game demos, trailers, etc. on Xbox Live Marketplace. I'm 17 (but I created by Xbox Live account when I was 16), which means that the ESRB can't stop me from buying and/or playing R rated games. Also, the parental settings on both my Xbox 360 and Xbox Live account allow me to play, download, and watch ANYTHING. It does let me download some mature content (such as Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and various others), but it doesn't let me download the Resident Evil 5 demo, Wolfenstein demo, Dead or Alive 4 demo, and various others. I'm a grown man with no content limitations on my Xbox 360 or on my Xbox Live account. Does anyone else get this error? If so, how did you fix it? This is extremely frustrating, please help.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Xbox Live Marketplace

Ezri wrote:

I get that message (or something like it) whenever I try to download certain game demos, trailers, etc. on Xbox Live Marketplace. I'm 17 (but I created by Xbox Live account when I was 16), which means that the ESRB can't stop me from buying and/or playing R rated games. Also, the parental settings on both my Xbox 360 and Xbox Live account allow me to play, download, and watch ANYTHING. It does let me download some mature content (such as Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and various others), but it doesn't let me download the Resident Evil 5 demo, Wolfenstein demo, Dead or Alive 4 demo, and various others. I'm a grown man with no content limitations on my Xbox 360 or on my Xbox Live account. Does anyone else get this error? If so, how did you fix it? This is extremely frustrating, please help.

No you're not. You're 17.

Having parental control on your xbox=/=being able to get around ESRB ratings.

The rating system is in place for a reason and while it's sometimes horribly stupid and pointless for some content it needs to be in effect for Microsoft, or any gaming company, to be able to sell games. Walmart gets in shit tons of times by parents complaining about M rated games being sold to 12 year olds.