Dragon Age: Origins

• Dragon Age: Origins

That this game doesn't have multiplayer, is this true? It says on the box "Xbox 360 Live" on the Xbox 360 game case, so I assumed it would have online play. Especially since all new games have online now pretty much. I am beginning to have second thoughts on whether I should spend $50 on a game that has no multiplayer. Anyone else feel this way? I mean really, single player games are so boring, you can't play with friends, you can't meet interesting new people, you can't play custom made maps and mods, and once you beat the game, there is no point in playing it again (since it's single player only). I will still buy the game anyway, but it certainly isn't worth anything more than $20 since it doesn't have multiplayer. Of course, being a StarCraft: Brood War player for the past 9 years could have some impact on how I like multiplayer (since anyone who has played on Battle.net knows that it is the best online gaming service ever, and you'll never go back to single player only again). So, anyone else here think that BioWare should add multiplayer to the game?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Dragon Age: Origins is a RPG, not a MMORPG. The names do count for something.
      Xbox live symbol for Dragon age allows you to access achievements which does in some way give you access to live. Also, single player is a way to get to know the game better or even enjoy the story behind the game. And no, in my opinion Bioware should not give multiplayer for games such as Bioshock and Dragon Age:Origins. These games were meant for single play and should remain that way. If you've played the game, i would expect you to change your mind on the pricing. I found it quite worth the 60 dollars i payed.
      Also, comparing Starcraft Broodwar to a RPG is unfair to both games.
      [SIZE=1]Blackberry Tour[/SIZE]

Joo wrote:

Dragon Age: Origins is a RPG, not a MMORPG. The names do count for something.
      Xbox live symbol for Dragon age allows you to access achievements which does in some way give you access to live. Also, single player is a way to get to know the game better or even enjoy the story behind the game. And no, in my opinion Bioware should not give multiplayer for games such as Bioshock and Dragon Age:Origins. These games were meant for single play and should remain that way. If you've played the game, i would expect you to change your mind on the pricing. I found it quite worth the 60 dollars i payed.
      Also, comparing Starcraft Broodwar to a RPG is unfair to both games.

Diablo = multiplayer and single player
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like you haven't played a real RPG (like Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment etc.)

Diablo was hack&slash. Many action-rpgs have similar qualities, but both genres shouldn't be confused by any means. There's a huge difference.

RPG is a true single-player experience. The multiplayer part of it can utilize only one aspect of the game: combat. And combat often is pretty weak compared to the rest of the content.

DA:O combat relies on active-pause and group tactics - it's useless for multiplayer.
    • This post is about the new single-player RPG game, Dragon Age: Origins. Even though the game lacks multiplayer, glitches, and has a pretty wacky combat system, I will buy it. It seems like it may bring me atleast few days of fun. Once I beat it on Nightmare a few times, it will be relatively pointless to own, so it will probably just collect dust (since the game lacks multiplayer).
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]