Drafting

• No they won't draft.

The draft is too unpopular with the civilian population. The servicemen feel they are doing good but difficult work and I have to salute them.

The draft would pull together our disparent populations. Have you seen two or more veterans together? Total strangers, finding out the were both in the military have a lot in common right off the bat. Picture a country full of those people. Think Israel.

Any country should draft immediately out of high school, male and female, married, pregnant, no excuses but mental or physical inability. A person in a wheelchair can still run a computer. If they don't know how teach em.

A one year committment to your country right out of high school, military or other public service projects would make a huge difference in attitude. I've seen the Vietnam veterans, and there are still enough Korean veterans to see them interact the way I've described.
      ^
      ^
      ^
      Take it easy. There are exceptions to everything I say.
    • Re: Drafting

JCpatriots wrote:

Yeah, if the draft is reinstated, I'm gonna move as well. I don't even want to have a slight risk of being forced to fight for my country, because it is crap...why should I have to if I don't want to?

Because our "democracy" (haha :rolleyes:) says we have to, and if we don't want to, we're thrown in jail or shot if we resist. How democratic.
      Signature Removed.

Subhuman wrote:

Because our "democracy" (haha :rolleyes:) says we have to, and if we don't want to, we're thrown in jail or shot if we resist. How democratic.

Shot? Are you retarded?

The draft would first have to be passed by congress, and I doubt they will unless there is a huge war approaching. Right now we can probably get away with only have a 2 million man military(estimate of military strength from wikipedia) because of the high level of training and dedication in the armed services today. You also have to consider that we do have the second largest army on earth right now. I don't think there is a need for it, and the rumors(old rumors, too) are written about in this "Time" article: [url=http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101041018-713207,00.htm]How the Draft Rumor Got Started - TIME[/url]

UsernameGoesHere wrote:

Of course they'd shoot you if you put a gun in their face, but I doubt you've even seen one.

Nice assumption. Nice way to blow shit out of context.

1. There are at least three guns in my house.
      2. I've shot a gun several times.
      3. My friend has about 30 guns, literally, laid out around his house.

Don't fucking assume shit that you don't know anything about.
      Signature Removed.

Subhuman wrote:

Nice assumption. Nice way to blow shit out of context.

1. There are at least three guns in my house.
      2. I've shot a gun several times.
      3. My friend has about 30 guns, literally, laid out around his house.

Don't fucking assume shit that you don't know anything about.

Take your own advice and don't assume that every police officer will automatically try and kill you if you don't want to join the army. I hate this popularized notion that every police officer is some kind of corrupted monster lurking in a back alley trying to kill people.

UsernameGoesHere wrote:

Take your own advice and don't assume that every police officer will automatically try and kill you if you don't want to join the army. I hate this popularized notion that every police officer is some kind of corrupted monster lurking in a back alley trying to kill people.

It's a police officers duty to shoot or majorly stop someone who poses a threatening resistance. Even if the shot can heal and you can recover, it's better than going into the war and having a grenade or roadside bomb blow your whole leg off. I'd rather die doing something I believe in (resisting something I don't believe in) than die in a cause I don't believe in.

If people are as oppositional to the draft as I am, they'll do anything to get out of it, even die.
      Signature Removed.

Subhuman wrote:

It's a police officers duty to shoot or majorly stop someone who poses a threatening resistance. Even if the shot can heal and you can recover, it's better than going into the war and having a grenade or roadside bomb blow your whole leg off. I'd rather die doing something I believe in (resisting something I don't believe in) than die in a cause I don't believe in.

If people are as oppositional to the draft as I am, they'll do anything to get out of it, even die.

The simple fact is though that there is no draft and no need for it.

On a side note: Aren't you that guy that everyone thought was a girl on here?

UsernameGoesHere wrote:

The simple fact is though that there is no draft and no need for it.

On a side note: Aren't you that guy that everyone thought was a girl on here?

I'm using the what-if case here. Seeing as they were considering a draft like last year or something, but it was put out.

And like two people thought I was a girl, yeah.
      Signature Removed.