Overdose

• Well I'm new here, but I decided that I needed a little help. Recently (since last November) I tryed drugs. I didn't think I was that kind of person, but then again, I didn't really think of it that way. My bestfriend since gr.7 started liking them too. She and I told each other everything. We went through a cutting phase an anorexic and bulimic phase and then now a drug phase. At first, we couldn't get out hands on real drugs, so we sniffed air freshner and smoked a bit. Then we got pot. It was an amazing experience, I have to say, and I'll never forget it. Two days after that, we still had some left and decided to smoke the rest out of the basement window in which we were having a sleepover in. That night, I drew a huge mural on my wall with pencil and with her, because we were so high. My parents found out, but they only thought it was cigarettes and didn't know it was pot. Time went by, we tried excstasy. We did it a few times, though I didn't REALLY like it. Then we found a new way to get high without anyone knowing. Cough syrup. It has DXM in it and it gets you very high at large doses. We bought bottles of it and did it during march break and just spent march break in a drunken haze. I don't even remember how many times I did it and how long the days were. Fortunately, I was in clever control of my outward appearance and my family suspected nothing. One night, we had a sleepover. We took 40 cough pills EACH. We flew into an overdose and started losing contiousness. My mom and dad found us and called an ambulance. The whole night was a horrible nightmare and a blur. But basically what I'm looking for is some support and advice to get over this. The overdose was in early April. I've been clean since.
    • Re: Overdose

Hi! I'm Rachel; Welcome.

WE all go through phases.
      Kind of ironic that you thought you weren't a druggie, but then ..

It's good you have been clean. Very good.
      For support .. hm ..
      I REALLY disagree with even trying drugs.. but I'm glad you over came it [kind of] and have been clean.

+ Advice to get over what? That one night? the Drugs?
      You just got to have will power, doll.
      I'm back bitches.

Thanks. I do have a lot of willpower and have come a long way. But i've just never really got over it. I re-live that night ALL THE TIME. I feel like it's very hard to get past that. That was SUCH a scary night. One of the worst parts was the day after, it was still in my system, so I was still high! My mom was talking to me and then turning away going "I just wish you were back to normal." Because I would stagger or not talk in complete sentences. The night was a nightmarish blur, but one of the few things I remember was seeing my sisters looking at me, crying, and the ambulance lights flashing on their faces. I thought to myself, "Why are they crying?" because I was so out of it I had forgotten all I did that night...
      I appreciate you taking the time to respond though.
      Know this: I'm a competitive dancer, an outgoing person too
      I was the valedictorian and the best at everything, i dont alternatively dress, i am very mature, ALL THE QUALITIES of some one that would be SOOO far away from a druggy. I'm not some depressed teenager with no life, I have a HUGE life, which is part of the reason some people were sooo shocked. I just need to tell some people about this and talk through it to help me figure it out myself. Thanks

FoolOnTheHill wrote:

and the best at everything

Sure about that, hun? :rolleyes: Nah, Just messin' with'cha.

Hey, I've done some shit in my life, too.
      I'm a great student, important part of my sport teams.
      [Just like you in a sense?]

You're showing me you have alot of will power, too.
      Use some of it - push that nightmare in the back of your mind. Don't think aabout it. Dont' say you can't. I've had some nasty experiences, too - and I've been able to push them back for most of the time.

Anyways, best of luck.
      I'm back bitches.

Well thanks a lot. After this incident, my mom told me that if I wanted to prove I'd stop, I'd dump that friend of mine who was in this with me and never talk to her again. That was hard, but I did. Not just because she had also done drugs with me, but because she was a pretty manipulative person and no one liked her. For this reason, I had NO ONE except her who knew what I was going through. So, I decided instead of just mulling things over in my head, I'd talk to some people online. Thanks again!:wink:

FoolOnTheHill wrote:

Well I'm new here, but I decided that I needed a little help. Recently (since last November) I tryed drugs. I didn't think I was that kind of person, but then again, I didn't really think of it that way. My bestfriend since gr.7 started liking them too. She and I told each other everything. We went through a cutting phase an anorexic and bulimic phase and then now a drug phase. At first, we couldn't get out hands on real drugs, so we sniffed air freshner and smoked a bit. Then we got pot. It was an amazing experience, I have to say, and I'll never forget it. Two days after that, we still had some left and decided to smoke the rest out of the basement window in which we were having a sleepover in. That night, I drew a huge mural on my wall with pencil and with her, because we were so high. My parents found out, but they only thought it was cigarettes and didn't know it was pot. Time went by, we tried excstasy. We did it a few times, though I didn't REALLY like it. Then we found a new way to get high without anyone knowing. Cough syrup. It has DXM in it and it gets you very high at large doses. We bought bottles of it and did it during march break and just spent march break in a drunken haze. I don't even remember how many times I did it and how long the days were. Fortunately, I was in clever control of my outward appearance and my family suspected nothing. One night, we had a sleepover. We took 40 cough pills EACH. We flew into an overdose and started losing contiousness. My mom and dad found us and called an ambulance. The whole night was a horrible nightmare and a blur. But basically what I'm looking for is some support and advice to get over this. The overdose was in early April. I've been clean since.

It's wonderful to hear that you're clean, and hopefully now that you're away from that 'friend' you won't have any relapses. Quite a few people in my family do drugs, and believe me, it's nothing glamourous. You could get sent to jail, you could die, you could ruin your life as well as your family, etc. etc. I really hope that since you've tried them, you've experienced their effects, and you've come close to dieing from an overdose that you now understand how bad certain drugs are and how badly they can mess you up. I'm assuming they had to pump your stomach or something? Because normally when people overdose/drink too much alcohol and are so close to death they either pump your stomach or make you drink this tar stuff to make you throw it up. D: