Who actually doesn't like runescape

• Re: Who actually doesn't like runescape

Runescape is a lot more advanced than any other game unless the other game is browser based. people play it for the gameplay and the diversity, not he graphics and quickspeed reactions needed like fps games, reflex games such as WoW, or console games. That's why runescape MEMBERS are actually mainly adults, and bloody intelligent respectful ones at that. I quit playing it ages ago, and I understand what you guys mean. But don't bash it before knowing why people play it so religiously. I don't like it, but I respect it for what it is.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Oh, also, I'd just like to point out, saying you "Grew up" Because you switched from a very complex in depth well thought out game to a game with good graphics, but the gameplay consists of "Grab that! Shoot him! Duck! Stick this to the floor! Stand in that corner and wait!" Is not growing up.

It was a pretty decent MMO- when people talked to eachother and a community existed.
      I'd be temped to call it "baby's first MMO" but that title is rightfully held by Eden Eternal....

I suppose RS could be called;"Baby's First MMO - Volume 2; The Difficulty Increases By 1x10-7"

Hell, even their attempts to make the game look 'better' even made it look worse.

Its a good starter game, and I love that it had a decent crafting/mining/smithing.. etc system. most games focus on hitting things with swords, making better swords, and hitting more things with the new sword. The gathering of materials in RS was truely beautiful compared to most games.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

The post was edited 3 times, last by The Sorrow ().

Ben Venomous wrote:

I liked RS when this thread was made, I hate the new direction of it and of gaming as a whole. Socializing in games isn't fun anymore, maybe i'm just too old.. but it seems different.

Quit Diablo 3, my last video game, a week or so ago.

It's not you. Socializing in almost -every- game is DEAD.
      maybe the gene pool just got a little slanted towards anti-social activity.

People just forget how to game now adays.

It seems all the gaming model is; "talk to others only when needed; and spend hours alone grinding and questing- hoping someday that people will talk to you and you'll be loved and respected for your power and pixels alike."

:rofl: quiet a sad reality they got themselves into.
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Sorrow ().

Damn i spend 3 years in Perfect World and one year of that I didnt level once!! All i did was socialize, protect low-levels from PVP-Slaughtering teams, and help low levels from the moment they join till they get powerful xD

HanK wrote:

Ehh, i remember when me and my friends would hang out at the lake, one of em used to be like "OMG GOT LYK A NEW SWORD AND SHIT"

We made fun of him all the time till he quit. Now he plays that everquest shit.

I guess he forgot that he needs to get a life. I already have a job and i'm 2 years younger then this fool.

Sounds like you guys are a bunch of assholes. Don't realize why everyone cares what people do with their life, if something makes him happy leave him to it.

Edit: Didn't realize this thread was old. You're still an asshole though.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JayVee ().