Discussion: Obesity

• Discussion: Obesity

Okay, so i am sure that everyone here has seen an obese person at one point in their life. What do you think when you see an obese person? Are they lazy and unhealthy? Are they any less of a person? Are they contributing to society by being obese?

for my own opinions, i do think of them as generally lazy and unable to eat healthy and exercise properly. personally, i could not see me getting fat, at the slightest bit of fat i immediately change-up my diet and watch my intake a little better. it generally boosts my self-esteem and confidence to know i have a body i love, that leads me to wonder what the confidence and self-esteem of an obese individual is. in a way, i see them as a crutch to society as many medical risk factors are heavily increased with obesity.
      My Blog --- gatlinock.blogspot.com/
      Last Updated: Sunday, November 29, 2009
    • Re: Discussion: Obesity

Most obese people can blame themselves for their obesity, they will usualy try and put the blame on something else like genetics or a slow metabolism but in reality, this is often exagerated or just made up, and even still can usualy be compensated for.

I dont believe they are a drain on society however, aslong as they do something with themselves, obese people who claim benefits and dont work because theyre so fat are a waste of air.

Sharkbait wrote:

Most obese people can blame themselves for their obesity, they will usualy try and put the blame on something else like genetics or a slow metabolism but in reality, this is often exagerated or just made up, and even still can usualy be compensated for.

I dont believe they are a drain on society however, aslong as they do something with themselves, obese people who claim benefits and dont work because theyre so fat are a waste of air.

I agree. I don't hate them so much as it might not be their fault that they are fat, but those who hate themselfs because they are fat but don't do anything to solve it (exercising and diet) gets me mad.
      “Death is as casual-and often as unexpected-as birth. It is as difficult to define grief as joy. Each is finite. Each will fade.” -Jim Bishop

Sharkbait wrote:

oh yeah me too dude, i HATE when they blame genetics and shit when they haven't put forth any effort. drives me crazy.
      My Blog --- gatlinock.blogspot.com/
      Last Updated: Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sharkbait wrote:

hell yeah, its such a waste

The biggest thing I dont understand, HOW!

How do you get that fat, its not like it happens overnight, most people see there putting on a few pounds and start to exercise more or change there diet!!!
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Kevmo7 wrote:

hell yeah, its such a waste

The biggest thing I dont understand, HOW!

How do you get that fat, its not like it happens overnight, most people see there putting on a few pounds and start to exercise more or change there diet!!!

ingrained eating and living habits.

What do you think when you see an obese person? Are they lazy and unhealthy? Are they any less of a person? Are they contributing to society by being obese?
      I think that there is a person there and I should avoid walking into them, just like I would any other person.

I don't know about being lazy, I don't know them. Unhealthy, of course, because obesity brings along a massive variety of increased risks. Just like many other unhealthy things we do to our bodies.

They aren't less of a person; being fat doesn't destroy your humanity, and we each make personal choices. If it were that easy to be considered less of a person, nobody should be considered a person at all.

Are you contributing to society by being thin?
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Evadne ().

I think most people dont start out obese or when they were little they werent fat. They probably went through some stuff in thier life that really made them depressed.

But i only think that some of the time. Other times i think "how can you let yourself get that way". But i could understand it a little. I could understand how at one point you were probably very cautious and careful about your figure but then you were like this is too much trouble trying to stay fit, i dont care any more.

But i get that it is laziness too just not care about your body and to eat whatever you want. You either eat what you want and exercise later. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I think they just stopped caring about themselves
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]Skins[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Everyone Tries to be Different. Thats why all of us are the same. [/SIZE][/CENTER]

When a fat person trys losing weight and he see he dont lose weight, he is depressed and He fatten more. The other person have to help him, Why?, so you have to tell him "oh, you are thinner" instead of "uuh, you are fatter, you should lose weigth!!".

we must always speak in positive, because it is motiving. And the motivation is more importantly.

PD: Sorry for my english, I am learning!.

ameera-creme wrote:

I think most people dont start out obese or when they were little they werent fat. They probably went through some stuff in thier life that really made them depressed.

But i only think that some of the time. Other times i think "how can you let yourself get that way". But i could understand it a little. I could understand how at one point you were probably very cautious and careful about your figure but then you were like this is too much trouble trying to stay fit, i dont care any more.

But i get that it is laziness too just not care about your body and to eat whatever you want. You either eat what you want and exercise later. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

I think they just stopped caring about themselves

And some people get caught into their parents eating and exercise habits. It's a little harder if you're not raised into how to eat and do things properly. Especially when "EAT HEALTHY!" is defined by "Uh... eat apples?" You're talking about revamping someone's lifestyle. I think people oversimplify this.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

When I see an obese person I think about how they were influence to get that fat; I image what their parents were doing, eating too much junk food, lack of exercise, and other factors. Most of the time they do have a choice of being fat and unhealthy, or being at a normal weight and healthy. Rare cases it is genetics at work, and I will admit I do believe genetics is the cause of obesity. I think that since young children see their parents fat, they believe that it's ok because they themselves are young and don't see the future consequences before it's too late. Parents who are over-weight tend to let their children eat the bad things they eat, or they don't pay attention enough to stop them front eating bad things to begin with. On a grand scale, I believe that you can grow into being obese, but I also believe that it's the person's fault for not getting up and doing nothing about it. I mean, I know teens with parents who are overweight and/or on the verge of obesity and their children are at normal weights with somewhat healthy diets, it's not impossible but thinking it is, is what makes it so much harder and so much worse.
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Everyone is arrogant, everyone has lows, everyone has highs, everyone lies, cries, laughs, smiles, is a hypocrite, etc and overall we all have some emotional thing in our life that cripples our mentality....But at the end of the day we look in our mirror, take a deep breath and...We move on with such burdens.[/SIZE]
      [/LEFT]

Well I'm actually fat myself but I can honestly say it had nothing to do with laziness. I had been homeschooled nearly my whole life and, the simplest way I think can put it is I basically just ate away my loneliness. I would just sit at home and eat my day away. No friends to hang out with, parents at work, what have you. I would start eating a bag of chips and subconsciously finish the whole bag in one sitting without noticing.
      I didn't care, I believed I didn't have to actually worry about my health or my physical image. I was never an athletic person, I never socialized, what have you.
      When I was getting bigger, I had simply convinced myself that I wasn't really fat, I was just "growing". Ha ha, yeah, no.
      [CENTER] [SIZE=1]If that's what you are into.
      [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Obese people are just people, you can't judge them by how they look. I know many "larger" people who are happier with their bodies than "normal" sized people. If somebody chooses to live a lifestyle which leads to obesity, then they should be allowed to make that choice.
      "That's what they all say "Fuck you", well it ain't gonna save you. It don't scare me none and it don't suddenly make you a fucking hero."- Otis B. Driftwood

Dr. Acula wrote:

Obese people are just people, you can't judge them by how they look. I know many "larger" people who are happier with their bodies than "normal" sized people. If somebody chooses to live a lifestyle which leads to obesity, then they should be allowed to make that choice.

And I'm ok with them, as long as they contribute to society and not just sit around all day constantly eating.
      “Death is as casual-and often as unexpected-as birth. It is as difficult to define grief as joy. Each is finite. Each will fade.” -Jim Bishop