Discussion: Obesity

• Re: Discussion: Obesity

Casual_ wrote:

And I'm ok with them, as long as they contribute to society and not just sit around all day constantly eating.

That applies to everybody though, not just fat people.
      "That's what they all say "Fuck you", well it ain't gonna save you. It don't scare me none and it don't suddenly make you a fucking hero."- Otis B. Driftwood

Zen wrote:

I believe one's weight is one's own responsibility and they will handle it as they see fit. Its not anyone's place to judge someone unknowingly because they weigh more than someone else.

weight and obesity are different, a guy could be 300 pounds and have very low body fat. just depends on the fat to muscle ratio. obesity as in the person not only weighs and ton but also has a high percentage of fat
      My Blog --- gatlinock.blogspot.com/
      Last Updated: Sunday, November 29, 2009

I dont see an obese person as any less of a person.
      However, yes I do see them as being unhealthy and not caring forthemselves.
      All the women in my family sit around and complain about how "fat" they are [when they really aren't as big as they think they are, but they are overweight], and it irritates the fuck out of me. Women especially will complain and complain about their weight, but never decide to do anything about it. And if they do, they'll complain about how much effort it takes and will quit.

America has been spoiled, and i think many of us have become desensitized from problems such as obesity. Its so common, it's not even really paid much attention to anymore. You see obese people EVERYWHERE.
      Then you see the advertisements for lapband surgery, lyposuction, diet pills, etc. and it just further pisses me off. People pay money for things that they don't need and things that are ineffective when they could save a lot of money and be healthier simply by staying on a healthy diet and excersising [sp].. It's just stupid.
      All it takes is a little effort, which the majority of America isn't willing to put forth.
      [CENTER][LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT]
      [/LEFT]
      [LEFT] yahh trick.
      [/LEFT]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood wrote:

I don't know why you're facepalming; he's right.

Because we're obviously talking about fat.

I'll bet $100 forum money he's a freshman.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

C.D. wrote:

When I see an obese person, I see someone who is unhealthy. I find it to be pure laziness, unless they have some medical conditions that prevent them from losing the weight. Although, that's more rare, and most obese people are obese out of laziness and poor diet.

ily ur my hero

Peace & Love

DamnImGood wrote:

I don't know why you're facepalming; he's right.

i know right? i looked at it an literally said "what the fuck". i wasn't even going to respond to it because of how pointless it was.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Zen wrote:

I believe he was facepalming over how literally he took my post. I meant fat, if one wishes to get specific.

no, actually it doesn't seem like so. you are talking about weight. weight can refer to muscle or body fat. the way i figured it, you would be one to say someone is obese based on their weight. that's just what it seemed like from your post.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Niceguy7 wrote:

Because we're obviously talking about fat.

I'll bet $100 forum money he's a freshman.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

ily ur my hero

pay up then. i'm a sophomore.
      My Blog --- gatlinock.blogspot.com/
      Last Updated: Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rise of Gatlinock wrote:

no, actually it doesn't seem like so. you are talking about weight. weight can refer to muscle or body fat. the way i figured it, you would be one to say someone is obese based on their weight. that's just what it seemed like from your post.

It doesn't seem like what? And I don't see why you gentlemen are arguing. Its futile to act so childishly over a mistake on my behalf.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Yoboseyo?
      [/CENTER]

Kevmo7 wrote:

hell yeah, its such a waste

The biggest thing I dont understand, HOW!

How do you get that fat, its not like it happens overnight, most people see there putting on a few pounds and start to exercise more or change there diet!!!

Its more of a mental thing then it is a physical thing. Some people eat because they have no other way to cope with problems. For example, someone who is made fun of at school could eat to feel better, but the more he eats the more he is made fun of, so he eats more to cope. This cycle repeats until the person is overweight. Another reason could be to the fact that a majority of Americans live a sedentary life and eat more calories than they burn in a day, thus gaining weight. There are many factors that contribute to becoming overweight. Every person is different and if they are not taught about proper diet it is very hard for them to eat correctly and not gain weight.
      What I should have said was...Nothing!

An obese person is just lazy. Anyone can exercise if they wanted to, with a combination of eating healthily it's not too hard to lose the weight. In my opinion there's no debate really, if you don't want to be obese then act on it to gt rid of it, you can be "fat" or "overweight" without being obese.
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

Rise of Gatlinock wrote:

Okay, so i am sure that everyone here has seen an obese person at one point in their life. What do you think when you see an obese person? Are they lazy and unhealthy? Are they any less of a person? Are they contributing to society by being obese?

for my own opinions, i do think of them as generally lazy and unable to eat healthy and exercise properly. personally, i could not see me getting fat, at the slightest bit of fat i immediately change-up my diet and watch my intake a little better. it generally boosts my self-esteem and confidence to know i have a body i love, that leads me to wonder what the confidence and self-esteem of an obese individual is. in a way, i see them as a crutch to society as many medical risk factors are heavily increased with obesity.

I think obese people aren't bad people. I think they are usually unhealthy or at risk. Its ridiculous to say every obese person isn't contributing to society, because they're obese. I mean I don't support their lifestyle choices at all, but you can't stereotype fat people. They can still contribute to society mentally.

I also think that the reason for obesity can be different. It could be emotional, a result from bad parental lessons, boredom, and maybe genetics. Actually, it does kind of piss me off when obese people blame their obesity on genetics. I mean you can loose the weight with diet and exercise. I just really feel bad for people who don't realize this and end up with shorter life spans/physically lower quality of life. That's why we need to help obese people and support them in loosing weight. We should promote healthy living period... obese or normal, people can be unhealthy and we really should eat better and exercise more. :)
      [FONT="System"]"The hardest people to love are the ones who need it the most."[/FONT]