What Now?

• Ok here's a little background story... I've liked this girl, Nikki, for about 2 months now I think. The first problem: she has a boyfriend. She's had two I think within those 2 months, I just didnt act fast enough when she was actually single -__-. She told me recently that she didnt think that she and her boyfriend would last much longer, and of course I feel bad for her, but it still opened up a little hope. But this leads to the 2nd problem: she didnt know.

Yeah, DIDNT know, as in she does now. She found out two days ago durring lunch at school. I was planning on telling her later, but one of our friends (who didnt know that I liked her, apparently it was kinda obvious at the moment) blurted it out. When that happened everything just went black and white for me. It took me by suprise, I probably sat there for 30 seconds before even looking at Nikki. She was just sitting there, reading the note I wrote her (we write notes to each other since she cant get on Myspace). When she looked up, we just kind of looked at each other for a minute. I was thinking "What do I say what do I say WHAT DO I SAY?!" But I didnt say anything. So she just started asking questions about things in the note. So now I'm like "...ok..." I could tell she wanted to ask me if I really did like her, even if it WAS obvious now.

I was wondering how she'd react when I (was originally planning to) tell her that afternoon, but when she found out at lunch she really didnt react at all. I dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, I think she might like me, too, she's acted like it before kinda. I wrote her another note explaining everything (that the friend was right, yadda yadda yadda), but I wont be able to give it to her until Monday, thanks to Thanksgiving -___-.

I honestly dont know what to do... I know that there's not much I CAN do since she still has a boyfriend and all. I also dont know if she'll treat me any different knowing that I have feelings for her... That's what I'm afraid of the most. Well, say they do break up, what do I do then? Wait to make sure she's not upset about the break up then ask her out? If they dont break up, well then what do I do? It'll be REALLY weird having her know I like her... Which is sad, because it shouldn't be weird.

So can somebody please tell me what I should do? Or better yet, shouldn't do? ANY help is greatly appreciated...
      "The only thing worse than losing my life would be to lose you." - Me
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: What Now?

Considering that she's in a relationship, I think just trying to act as normal as you can would be a good start. See how she acts, and then take it from there.

Right now you're just working off of "what if"s, which doesn't offer much to go off of. If knowing that you like her does change things, then that's because she likes you and likes how you act, and changing things now could potentially change THAT.

Being comfortable around her, and showing her that your feelings don't get in the way of you two enjoying each other's company, that's a good start.

i don't want someone else to have to go through what i am right now. i understand your position to some extent. i have a close friend who started dating a guy and found out i liked her about a week later. this started a month ago. right now she's not talking to me at all, and i think it's because i haven't really talked with her about it. in your case, you should try to talk to her one on one so there is no misguided feelings. if she does break up with the guy she's with now, give her a little time before asking her out officially. again, i know that weird feeling you get when you know someone's aware you like them. just take it easy, don't rush, and make sure to be yourself. it sounds like you have a good chance there. just talk to her!

I really dont have many opportunities to talk one on one, other than through the notes, but those take a while to write. I'll see if I can pull her aside durring lunch monday or something. Like I said in the first post, if they break up I'll wait until she isn't really upset about it anymore then say something. You really think I have a chance?

Oh, and thanks a lot!:D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, I didnt get a chance to talk to her about it, but I gave her the note, and she gave me one a while after. It said that she was going to break up with her boyfriend later (and she did after school) because he was being an ass to her. But then it also said that she thinks that we shouldn't date, because she says that I deserve better. I told her that was just BS, I dont deserve anything at all.

But I gave her another note, since that's apparently going to be the only we we can talk one on one. That means that I wont know what she thinks until tomorrow. So until then I'm stuck worrying about other things.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

since talking can be hard, the notes are a great idea! keep doing what you are doing right now. if her only reason to not date you is that you deserve more, then that puts a perfect opening for you to try and convince her otherwise. she probably is down on herself for what's been happening so far, so try cheering her up. show her how much you care, especially now that she's upset. for now, the notes are probably your best bet for talking with her, but maybe it's coming to that time where you need to sit down with her and talk with her face to face. it sounds like she's really into you, she just doesn't want to hurt or cause hurt anymore. be her support! good luck! let us know how it goes!

supersonic92 wrote:

since talking can be hard, the notes are a great idea! keep doing what you are doing right now. if her only reason to not date you is that you deserve more, then that puts a perfect opening for you to try and convince her otherwise. she probably is down on herself for what's been happening so far, so try cheering her up. show her how much you care, especially now that she's upset. for now, the notes are probably your best bet for talking with her, but maybe it's coming to that time where you need to sit down with her and talk with her face to face. it sounds like she's really into you, she just doesn't want to hurt or cause hurt anymore. be her support! good luck! let us know how it goes!

That is EXACTLY what she told me, that she doesn't want to get into a relationship because she's afraid she'll hurt me. It'll be easier to have a one to one conversation in person if we start eating lunch outside again, but I dont think we'll be doing that since its so cold now -__-. But I'll find a good time and talk. I'm not sure what I'm gonna say exactly right now, but I've always been pretty good at coming up with things as I go, so I'll try my best.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it:).

ComplicatedMind wrote:

She has a boyfriend, enough said. Man up and respect the other guy and her.

You didnt read one of my later messages, she broke up with him already. If she gets another before I make any progress, that's exactly what I'll do though.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well, that's good you have that understanding of her feelings. don't fret talking to her, just let it come to you. if you think about it too much, you'll psych yourself out and make it harder on you. no problem with the advice! honestly, as weird as it is, it helps me out with my problems in a way since helping others with theirs makes me feel better about myself. granted, there are some things my advice isn't the best for, i only have so much experience with certain things (never had a gf before, so honestly, my dating advice only goes so far). i hope things work out for you, it seems like you just need to convince her that she's what you want in a girl. make her feel more confident about herself. that'll help a bunch!

Yeah, unless I do something before I really start thinking about it I'll end up not even trying. Its happened plenty of times lol. I should've talked to her today, since we had a free block (about an hour and 1/2) together, but I talked myself out of it. And when I think about it I feel a little... I dont know how to describe it, but I feel kinda shakey.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i know that feeling. deep inside, you feel you need to talk to her, but your feet won't move and you turn to jelly. once you're in that state, it's near impossible to do anything right.

you had a whole hour and a half you could've said something? take a slow, deep breath and release it even slower. helps clear the mind and all that. i've missed so many chances like that and now I'm paying for it. from one shy guy to another, it gets a little easier once you start those first couple words. once you get talking, the words just come out.
      there's always tomorrow, right?
      (just don't wait for too many tomorrows :D)

Now she's telling me that she doesnt want to date because she's "a bad person." I've done and said everything I know to convince her that she's not a bad person, that she's really an amazing person. But I cant get through to her. Regardless of wether she even considers dating me or not, I dont want a friend thinking about themselves like that. I know what its like to hate yourself for no reason, its miserable. I want to try to get her to stop thinking like that before I try getting her to go out with me.

But I might've wait one too many tomorrows. She says that she thinks this guy's gonna ask her out tomorrow, and she says that if he does she'll say yes. This has me scared, not because I'll have missed this chance, but because the guy's a douche! He's cheated on his last like 3 girlfriends, and I dont know if Nikki knows that. I dont know what I should say to her, or even if I can say anything in case he asks her out in the morning tomorrow. She's always been a little unstable, I'm afraid that if he hurts her, which I'm pretty much certain he will, she'll turn back to drugs again. I dont want that to happen.

But I dont know what to do...
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]