Dealing with death?

• Re: Dealing with death?

My condolences. My friend's mom died about a year or two ago from a brain aneurism as well. I can only imagine the pain of losing a parent, I'm sure it's very rough on you as well as your family. However, I hope you can find a way to put your mind as ease about the whole situation. Would you rather have her on machines for the rest of her life? Or would you rather spare you and your family the pain and the suffering that would come with having a loved one so close to death by keeping her hooked up to a bunch of machines?

I mean, I just lost my grandpa this past week due to the negligence of the nursing homes he was staying out and it was a really rough couple days until the day of his funeral. I cried and cried and cried, but really, I know he's still with me and I'm sure your mother is still with you. She may not be with you physically, but she's in your heart and your mind, and she'll always be apart of youl.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

SweetLikeMySin wrote:

I mean, I just lost my grandpa this past week due to the negligence of the nursing homes he was staying out and it was a really rough couple days until the day of his funeral. I cried and cried and cried, but really, I know he's still with me and I'm sure your mother is still with you.

That's kinda what happened with me.

My grandad had cancer for years, and when he went to the hospital right before his death, they pretty much said, "We're full-up with rooms, you'll need to stay on a stretcher in the hall."

:(
    [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
    Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
    Etched with marks, but I can deal
    And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Pleasant.Addictions. wrote:

That's kinda what happened with me.

My grandad had cancer for years, and when he went to the hospital right before his death, they pretty much said, "We're full-up with rooms, you'll need to stay on a stretcher in the hall."

:(

That's a shame, I hope you and your family were able to be there to comfort him during his final moments. I didn't get to see my grandpa for two months and then he died...I had to move an hour away from him with my dad and my mom moved to Ohio. I wouldn't have been able to find him to see him because I didn't have the right for attorney or whatever it's called. I felt horrilble because I couldn't be by his side when he died. It still kills me on the inside but at least I know he's in a better place. :/

My mom has had seven stomach infections. And the doctor kept telling her and everything that maybe this time would be different. She wouldn't regain one and everything was going to be fine. I didn't want her to get more infections because the last time I went to see her it was completely horrible.

She was just laying there, so lifeless. Tubes were coming from her mouth and everything. I use to tell myself that I could always pick myself up from something like that. I could get through it. I saw loads of people lose other people, hell, I even lost people. I started to pick myself back up and understand that people do in fact die.

I use to take my mom for granted. I know now I don't. Getting over a death is extremely hard, I know. It won't be something you can control. Next week or next year you will problaby not fully be over it. It's a stepping stone, really. You have to realize that your mom is with you always, right in your heart. She never really left you.

Make that event ur inspiration.
    when your mother is alive ryt now,
    she would want you 2 be happy and well.
    So do your best even though she's not here.
    i know that its what she wants you to do.
    and you still had your dad..so dont be too sad.
    im hoping everything will go back to normal
    very soon.

this breaks my heart to read this.

my dad died on the 7/06/08.
    i absolutely hate it when people assume that one who has lost a family member or friend that they should be over the loss within a few months. people don't realise that there are times in life where those people that are gone are supposed to be there, for example, who's supposed to walk me down the aisle when i get married? my dad, who's not here anymore. so i can completely see where you're coming from babe. i graduate at the end of this year and i can't imagine what a mess i'll be, knowing dad won't know :/

i can relate to you so much. its been nearly 2 years and the fact dad isn't coming back is really only hitting me now :/ its just crap. most days i don't even want to get out of bed and such. life does get easier, it takes a while though. i can testify to this.

if you want to talk to someone that knows what you're going through, PM me :) i'm happy to listen.

xoxo

ya i no what you are going through i lost my dad 2 years ago 3 days after Christmas and dont let anyone tell you it will get easier as time goes on cas it dont when my dad died i made a list of everything he wouldnt get to see me do and it hurt but it made me realys what he really did for me and i no that my dad is not comming back so i right him letters and i fell like he is watching me right the letters and it makes me feel a little better for that time i am sorry about your mom but you had the choice my dad died from alcohol and he was found on his floor and i wasnt able to see him b4 the burned him and they have him in my grandmas house but i hope it gets easier for you i really do cas i no what your going through :(