Do You think it's possible

• Re: Do You think it's possible

For lack of a better name wrote:

But what about maternal love? You can love your family, which is more than one person usualy. Shouldnt we also be capable of an intimate love with two different people?

Love between your family and yourself is far different from romantic love. Anyone who has even came close to feeling true romantic love can tell you this. They can't compare.

Plus, naturally, humans tend to practice serial monogamy.

Radioactive_Pig;2422402 wrote:

Is there a mirror in your fanny?
      Because I can see myself down there. ;]

Short answer - YES

Long[er] answer :

I believe that love is relative to the person. If you've never experienced such closeness to a person before, then when you experience it you will believe it to be love. This was the case with my second girlfriend. However, it may be the case that, eventually, you split up and you find yourself attracted to another person. You may notice that you have even stronger feelings for this person than the last. Does this mean that your feelings for person 1 were not love? That they were unimportant? NO. It doesn't.

So, now the question is - What qualifies as being love?

Right now, I am experiencing strong feelings of attraction towards two girls I am close friends with. One of which is my ex-girlfriend. Whilst i feel that I am in love with my ex-girlfriend still, I worry that, if i don't keep my emotions in check, I will fall in love with my best friend.

DUN DUN DUHHHHH!

Bad times.

[ sorry i went off on a tangent ;) ]
      ~Kiwi

I'm gonna go against everyone here and say that I HAVE been in love NOT LUST with two girls. More at some times. And before you say it was not lust because quite frankly I've never been that superficial.

These girls have been the nicest, funniest girls I've ever known. And yes, they were pretty, but I never thought of them in a sexy way.

I truly believe that humans, like the majority of nature, are not meant to have only one partner. In fact, we only believe in monogamy because it has been drummed in to our historical subconscious by the same religious fascists that caused the Dark Ages. (this isn't an anti-religion rant, I'm just saying they're to do with it)

authanam wrote:

I truly believe that humans, like the majority of nature, are not meant to have only one partner. In fact, we only believe in monogamy because it has been drummed in to our historical subconscious by the same religious fascists that caused the Dark Ages. (this isn't an anti-religion rant, I'm just saying they're to do with it)

Monarchs and rulers were also very keen on telling people to be monogamous while they did what they wanted.

It is entirely possible to love more than one person at a time. Like someone said before, you choose to make it exclusive. Just because you have love for one person doesn't mean you've run out of it. Its our own societal views that cause us to think this is the case.

Now in practice it's very hard to love in this manner. Most people want to share their love with only one person, which is just fine. But I think if people got over some of the hangups over it, you could definitely openly love more than one person while they love other people as well without any problems. But since we feel that this is wrong or dirty, people get jealous vindictive, etc

Anyways, yes is my final answer

i think it is and it isnt possible, like no person can truely say that it is 100% impossible, like you may love to people even more at the same time, although it may be a different kind of love, like you may love a person and have a relationship with them, and love your friends and family, two different types of love, but still very real, now wether you can love to people in the relationship sense, possibly, more than likely is that it is just lust for one or maybe both people