Oh yes college...overseas

• Oh yes college...overseas

For months i had a plan for going for overseas studies, but its going into conflict with other intrests, my parents want me to stay in the states(*sarcasam*oh no they dont want me to go...like any other parent...) But my other relatives say its a good thing to go to another country to study... oh wut to do.... I already graduated high school, but this makes me so messed up im forced to w8 a year b4 the choice can be made....

so which choice? :confused: sum recommendations and POV can be helpful.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Nintendo FTW?[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tony32 ().

• Re: Oh yes college...overseas

You might want to research the programs and finances that you will need to study abroad. Many local universities have study abroad programs that you can use as well. I've never been too keen on getting a foreign diploma, but I also don't know too much about it. Perhaps try to see how valuable a foreign diploma is versus an in-country one. Since most people tend to know more about the universities in their own country, it seems to me that there are a wider range of colleges that offer diplomas with a "wow" factor, versus out-of-country universities.

What are you looking to study in school? Why not just do some traveling, seems a bit easier to do that for pleasure rather than to plan the next four-some years of your life around it.

If you are planning on coming to the UK you will need to start your application. I think for post-graduate students the application deadline is in June (whereas for home students, it's in Jan, although I've already sent mine off). You will also need to be wary of the fact you will be paying a lot of fees to study here coming from abroad - I think its around £10,000 a year for international students although it differs from uni to uni. If you study in England you're degree is likely to be 3 years and in Scotland 4 years.

Where did you want to study? As university systems differ from country to country.
      [CENTER]This is a gift it comes with a price
      Who is the lamb and who is the knife
      Midas is king and he holds me so tight
      And turns me to gold in the sunlight
      - Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart

I'm not a misanthrope, but I can utterly empathise with them.
      [/CENTER]

Ah, sorry for kind of being off-topic of OP here but i wanted to PM/VM Tomski but it's not enabled so i'll just ask here and directed at anyone who can help. I also have questions about studying overseas (going to the UK) that i need some help with my questions if possible :/
      [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"][RIGHT]Obsession is a strong word; it’s also a strong, dangerously uncontrollable feeling.
      It’s something you can’t fight, something you can’t help but succumb to. And no
      matter how hard you may try, you just can’t seem to shrug off the addiction.
      You have no power over it as it takes complete control over every aspect of your
      life leaving you utterly lost and confused and with no choice but to fall
      to your knees and hail it.[/RIGHT][/SIZE][/FONT]

currently my reletives are willing to support my ENTIRE costs if i go overseas. But the same goes for my parents, basicly, im not paying for it, sumone else is, but the main debate is on either to stay here or to go.

If u dont know, im going to a South East Asia college if i choose to do so.... thats wut i can say.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Nintendo FTW?[/CENTER]