Leaving mum alone.

• Leaving mum alone.

right,

This year I didn't get into college, but I'm doing a pre-nursing course,thats fine I'm loving it. As its in the city I stay with my gran from monday evening untill friday while attending college.

My dad is a taxi driver, workes nights and sleeps during the day. My brother is 15, lives at home and is in school.

Mum never went to college or doesn't have a career, but liked her work as a childminder, but a few years back we moved to the country and now she doesn't work at all. we dont have the best relationship.

I am afraid that she is or will soon become depressed. She is left alone alot and I am scared she is drinking and smocking too much-she could be drinking up to a bottle of wine a night, As I myself dont drink or smock myself I could over react too. She and my aunt(her sister)has betrayed her big time too so thats not helping!

Last weekend when I was home mum was drinking as we were watching tv, just before going to bed she made a comment about me just going out and living my life, I took it as being an insult as thats what I am doing at present. I kind stormed off(even at my age I get easliy offended)but she came to me appoligised and hugged me, I know this was the drink as she neverr appoligises and I cant remember the last time we hugged. Putting that aside we talked that night and I got the impression that she is jealous of me going off to college.

I am worried about leaving her at home alone now and when I am at home I try and spend as much time with her as I can(even if that means my school work suffers, I dont really care)

How can I spot depression and over drinking? What can I do to try help her while I'm away? I am really worried!!!!