Talking problem

• Re: Talking problem

niez1111 wrote:

I can never think of anything to talk about when im hanging out with my friends or if we are driving around. theres usually awkward silence between short conversations. I have no problem texting or talking to people online tho. what are some tips?

I know how you feel dude, i get the same exact thing all the time! There probably is something you can do to work on your social skills, but overall, i think it's kind of a natural-born talent.
      My Blog --- gatlinock.blogspot.com/
      Last Updated: Sunday, November 29, 2009

maybe its because u have nothing to talk about? if people spend there entire day on a forum they wont have anything interesting to say. go out and do stuff, hang out with other friends, join a club, play sports whatever just do something so you'll actually have somethin 2 talk about

also theres basic stuff like if u and ur friends are into the same music/sports/movies/games just talk about that

This is more common problem than u think do dont worry, it just takes time to get to know ur friends better :)
      Ppl make friends who have similar interests to them becos they can engage in conversations or activitys that they both enjoy, but of course dont limit ur friends list to only ppl who have these interests.
      Perhaps u shoult search about something that ur friends enjoy. For example, if one of ur friends is into manga books, or a certain TV show, u could start to watch the TV show or look at some mangas and then u will have something to together talk about.
      It doesnt mean that u need to change urself to fit with these friends, but to broaden ur knowledge on topics will never hurt, whish is why reading up on some friends' interests is not so hard to do :)
      there may be a band they like to listen to and u could listen to some of their musics becos there is the chance that u may enjoy it, and u could always introduce them to a band that u like or a sport that u enjoy, becos that may also start a common interest between and be involved in spending more time together, whish naturally will give u the oppportunity to spend more time talking together.

Alex;2413509 wrote:

Polish people are awesome, might I just add.

[RIGHT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Black"][SIZE="1"]read here my blog :)zniknajacymaczke.blogspot.com/[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/COLOR]

Just find things to talk about. Just be casual, calm, and dont press a topic on someone to much.

Just talk about things you are intrested in. Your music tastes, start of by saying "hey, have you heard (name of song)?" Then just progress from there. Same really with movies.

If you want to talk about a sport, ask them if they saw the final score in whichever sport. If they say no, they probably dont like the sport and dont want I talk about it. If they know it, ask them if they watched the game. And progress from there.

With conversations, we best advice is, go with the flow. Just relax, listen, say something, listen.

Its best to practice with a group of people, there are a lot less silences with groups, as there are more people.

About being able to talk online or through a screen etc. Thats just confidence, its a lot harder to talk face to face. But you can do it.

Hope this helps.
      Alex

-Giggles at how much advice is being given by Alex and Pikechu for the support leaders positions.-

Tbh, pal, I get this quite a bit. I usually text/ring/MSN people all day, so that when I finally see them I don't have anything to say. And I hate awkward silences.

Just bring up anything that pops to mind. Doesn't really matter what. It'll probably evn get a laugh if it's completely irrelevant to what was being said before. Or just sing along to some music if you're in the car, that's always a good conversation starter.
      I think once you get past the general air of awkwardness, then the speaking comes as naturally as it should do, or it does for me.

I know it's not much help, but it's all I can think of ATM.
      [RIGHT][SIZE=2]Be creative - formspring.me/DannyRar[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

[LEFT][SIZE=2]People say I only see what I want to. So why do I see you?![/SIZE][/LEFT]

I can be exactly the same, yet i'm actually very talkative!
      It may be you and those you mix with are different in so many ways, over interest. Maybe i'm wrong, i don't know. See, you can get along good with people, but find yourself out of what to say often because people may have more differences than similarity to you. Are you generally like this most of the time, or just around a group? With me it tends to be when I am around a group.