depo birth control shot

• depo birth control shot

if any girls here get the depo birth control shot, would you mind answering some questions for me, please?

i just want to know -

what side effects you had, if you had any.

when did you have your next period and was it regular or different

how did it affect your overall mood, or did it not change it at all

i want to talk to people who had had the shot, not just read up some general facts on webmd or something. thank you, if you can help.
    • Re: depo birth control shot

No side effects really, just mood change and I ate more than usual.

My next period was regular as usual.

It made me feel alot more stressed and less energetic. It was very strange.

Hense why I decided to have the implant instead. Much easier :)
      :freehugs: I may be a little crazy but there is method in my madness :bump:

mixandmatch wrote:

No side effects really, just mood change and I ate more than usual.

My next period was regular as usual.

It made me feel alot more stressed and less energetic. It was very strange.

Hense why I decided to have the implant instead. Much easier :)
      would you mind if i picked your brain a little about the implant?

mostly how and where it is implanted.
      and what exactly is the name of the one you have

i just want to stay away from pills so badly. so the shot was my first choice but if i can get an implant i would gladly take it.

clavicle wrote:

would you mind if i picked your brain a little about the implant?

mostly how and where it is implanted.
      and what exactly is the name of the one you have

i just want to stay away from pills so badly. so the shot was my first choice but if i can get an implant i would gladly take it.

Feel free to pick away lol.

It is normally in the left arm, at the top. They inject your arm to numb it and then they make the tiniest little cut and pop it in (it's just a tiny oval shaped metal rod). You don't feel a thing apart from the general injection to numb it. It takes about 3 days to heal up completely :). Your arm does hurt for a couple of hours afterwards though.

I have no idea what the name of it is to be honest, I just told my nurse I wanted the implant and she stuck one in my arm :)

The shot really isn't all that great. Not the most effective either, the implant is definitely better than any other contraception. I have tried pills, shots and now the implant.

I wouldn't change having it done at all. My periods have practically stopped all together and it has improved my life by getting rid of mood swings and feeling bloated etc..

that's one of the reasons i want this, but didn't say anything for fear of someone attacking me. condoms hurt me. they always have. they make it hard for me to become aroused and it creates a bad friction problem. i hate them. even ultra thin ones. the guys penis becomes extremely hot in a condom too and with the friction even if i manage to stay aroused, it becomes hotter and begins to hurt.

aaagh i'm excited for this

clavicle wrote:

that's one of the reasons i want this, but didn't say anything for fear of someone attacking me. condoms hurt me. they always have. they make it hard for me to become aroused and it creates a bad friction problem. i hate them. even ultra thin ones. the guys penis becomes extremely hot in a condom too and with the friction even if i manage to stay aroused, it becomes hotter and begins to hurt.

aaagh i'm excited for this

So you should be haha :P

And screw it if someone attacks you. Happens anyway lol. I know how you feel, they are just so horrible! They ruin the entire experience!. They are uncomfortable for the guy, feel horrible for the girl. They take away most of the feeling.

I'm so happy they invented the implant :') I want to rape the person who invented it for being so amazingly awesome :D