I'm a racist says my teacher, and I'm afraid she's right?

• Re: I'm a racist says my teacher, and I'm afraid she's right?

No_one_lives_forever wrote:

xNerRadx: I'm talking about africans (telling my story). But this is about aborigines))

Oh, it's a very hard topic for me -_- I'm not a racist, but I wouldn't like to marry one of them or being their friend, just because they are ugly and probably not educated, and moreover, it's another culture. And I think you think the same)) You know, my friend have accused me once for being a racist *_* And I cried either. It's not my fault that africans extends drugs in Europe and arranges disorders for example in France. And the don't attract me physically, but I can't do anything with it. But I think such a behaviour doesn't depends on race, and there are many great persons in african race. I would communicate with one of them with great pleasure, if he is just good and smart person. I know I'm not tolerant person, but I'm not a racist -_- And be sure, that you're not too.

Then what's this crap about (in the bold). Do you think white people haven't done those things? And if the drugs you are talking about is weed, most likely it isn't the Africans fault. Merchants from other countries probably discovered that themselves and sold it around the country. Or maybe, the EUROPEAN exploiters... oh I'm sorry, I meant explorers who went to Africa discovered it and decided to bring it back to Europe. That statement you made was kinda ignorant.

Sounds like you got a pretty up yourself teacher if she is asking those kind of questions.

In all honesty, there is racism every where - You can't stop it.

However everyone is entitled to there own opinion - If you wouldn't marry a black girl thats fine.....
      Phone Detective - Find any INFO on ANYONE!
      Become a Wealthy Author - Get setup for Life!

xNerRadx: No, white people aren't better))) As I said it doesn't depends on race. Okay, I think this topic should be discussed in PM or somewhere else (if you want), but not here, because here is another topic..

I didn't say anything about white people thinking they were better lol. I just wanted to educate you a little more. Frankly, it's not that serious to me.

You're not a racist. There is nothing wrong with having a preference of the type of person you want to marry. Some people like a certain body type, hair color, etc. I don't know how you will deal with your teacher. Just continue to show them respect, no matter how they ridicule you. You've been labeled, and there's not much you can do about it. Hopefully your parents will be more understanding.

Sounds like you're in a private school? If there's an option, you might want to try a different school; or different class. There's no need to endure punishment you don't deserve.

You shouldn't feel evil, or guilty. Let your teacher feel how she likes about you. If she grades you unfairly, talk to the headmaster about it. Even if she just treats you unfairly, talk to the headmaster, or your parents. They should be understanding, and let you explain the situation.

I'm sorry for your situation; Best of luck.

~Andy

*edit*

Alph9 wrote:

Sounds like you got a pretty up yourself teacher if she is asking those kind of questions.

In all honesty, there is racism every where - You can't stop it.

However everyone is entitled to there own opinion - If you wouldn't marry a black girl thats fine.....

I think the OP is a girl :P
      It has been said many times before... But it is no less true; The most important things in life are not things. The simple special moments in life, end up being the ones you remember for a life time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by amlord1 ().

She asked you a loaded question, and it didn't matter if you told her why you were laughing or not, I'm willing to be she had already pegged you (incorrectly I presume) as racist far earlier. Sort of ironic, but at times it's amazingly frustrating.

I would have just left. You don't need to explain to your teacher what you are laughing at or why. Maybe if you just busted out laughing in the middle of class, she would have more of a reason to question you, but before class on your own time? That's bullshit.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

*Call Sign* wrote:

This was such a bizarre incident I can't believe it actually happened, but I'm really afraid that I am something evil.

We were in Geography yesterday, still waiting for the teacher to arive. My friends next to me were flicking through the textbook, trying to find amusing pictures. They started laughing at a picture they'd found, it was of some Aboriginal people. They thought the picture was funny and I gave a little smile so I didn't look like I was ruining the fun for them.
      Somehow the teacher had got to the door without us noticing and she was just looking at us like we were the devil. She was looking at me even harder than at them, which confused me because I wasn't even that interested in the picture. She asked us what we were looking at in that kind of tone that makes the whole classes mood drop. One of my friends showed her and she asked what was funny about that....

This is the picture:

....we just kept our mouths shut, while she stared at us with this insanely angry look on her face. I don't even know why I laughed in the first place, I guess it was just the way they we standing, especially the guy on the left, but my teacher made it clear to me that was a crap excuse.
      We were made to come to her one at a time today during lunch. I was the first to go in, and I wish I had never entered the damn room because I felt so bad afterwards. I stoof in-front of her desk, while she stacked papers without saying anything for about 5 minutes. She told me she had 'never expected me of being a racist', and 'she would have to call my parents and take this to the headmaster. I obviously pleaded with her that I wasn't a racist, I was the furthest thing from one, and I swore on my grandpa's grave I wasn't.
      After all this pleading she eventually asked me, 'do you think there is anything wrong with them?' I quickly said 'no course not' although by this time I was trembling after all of this. She said would you have any problem being their friend, or marrying one of them? I blurted out 'no'...at least to the friend part, but this is where I felt the evil in me, I answer 'yes' to me not wanting to marry one of the guys in the picture.
      I'm not a racist, I swear I'm not, but she insisted I was after saying this, I didn't get a chance to explain myself, she just shouted at me, with her face looking as if it was about to explode, to get out of her room.
      I have felt like crying all day because of what happened. I have always thought of myself as the least racist person possible, but now I've been labelled one by my own teacher. She didn't let me explain so I want to on here.

The reason I said I would want to marry one of the guys in the picture was because I have always looked forward to having a child of my own, and I have always pictured them as looking like me and sharing my culture. It sounds really terrible I know, but I can't help it. I would rather my child resembled me which would look more like this:

This way they would share my culture, feel a part of it, and also resemble their mother. I know that they would share my culture regardless but they wouldn't look like me, and I have always wanted my children to resemble myself.

Look I know this is racist, and evil, but I'm asking for answers on how I can get it out of me!? I can't be thinking like this in nearly 2010. I have always lived all people but I just never though about the fact I want my children to share these things as 'racist'. What can I do to change myself for the better? I'm desperate.

you are not racist. i am black and would never befriend or marry these kind of scrubs. g'day

Dr.Carter wrote:

She asked you a loaded question, and it didn't matter if you told her why you were laughing or not, I'm willing to be she had already pegged you (incorrectly I presume) as racist far earlier. Sort of ironic, but at times it's amazingly frustrating.

I would have just left. You don't need to explain to your teacher what you are laughing at or why. Maybe if you just busted out laughing in the middle of class, she would have more of a reason to question you, but before class on your own time? That's bullshit.

You have a very good point. Sometimes people decide they don't like you, without a reason, and then they look for one to justify their feelings.

Sad, but true.
      It has been said many times before... But it is no less true; The most important things in life are not things. The simple special moments in life, end up being the ones you remember for a life time.

Just because you don't want to marry a black skinned person doesn't mean that u r racist, personally I want to marry a jew to make sure that my family does not lose god. Does this mean that I discriminate against all non-jews? of course not, I am just doing what I think will be best for me and my children

If you do not want to marry a black person It does not nessasarily mean that you are racist, if you have an idea of what you want your life to be like just because it does not involve some kind of ethnicity it doesn't mean that you are racist.

keep in mind that with all the different people in the world you are always in some small ways discriminate against them and there is nothing you can do because there is only one of you.

aqua12345678 wrote:

Just because you don't want to marry a black skinned person doesn't mean that u r racist, personally I want to marry a jew to make sure that my family does not lose god. Does this mean that I discriminate against all non-jews? of course not, I am just doing what I think will be best for me and my children

If you do not want to marry a black person It does not nessasarily mean that you are racist, if you have an idea of what you want your life to be like just because it does not involve some kind of ethnicity it doesn't mean that you are racist.

keep in mind that with all the different people in the world you are always in some small ways discriminate against them and there is nothing you can do because there is only one of you.

LOL Just because you marry someone Jewish, it doesn't me your family won't loss God. Many people claim to be what they really aren't. Just sayin'. *600th post!*

you can get your teacher in trouble for that shit... she has no right to interrogate you to the point of feeling so uncomfortable that you're trembling. In this scenario, the teacher is wrong, not you so don't worry about it. Honestly i would take this to the headmaster and say how uncomfortable you felt and how the teacher asked you degrading and irrelevant questions. She had no right to do that shit.

xNerRadx wrote:

LOL Just because you marry someone Jewish, it doesn't me your family won't loss God. Many people claim to be what they really aren't. Just sayin'. *600th post!*

I'm not going to marry the first jew I see, that would be stupid. I also understand that there are many jews that don't believe in god. But I think that my best chance of finding someone who shares my beliefs is a jew.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]