Am I the "Plan B"?????

• Am I the "Plan B"?????

Hello!!
      I'm going to get straight to it. I am 17 y.o. and can't seem to think clearly when it comes to what I am about to tell you.

A year and a half ago, I met this guy who is 10 yrs my senior. Yeah I know, really large age difference. Anyways, the last little while, he's been telling me that I am the "One" and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me because he loves me. Here's the thing, I don't understand why he would tell me that he loves me and that I am the one, but then later tells me that there is this "super hot" chick he is interested in. Minutes later tells me that he only has eyes for me and that I am his "darling".

I am so confused!!! I tried to talk to him about it. He tells me a little bit about it but then changes the subject. It's also strange because if i tell him about other guys he gets defensive and immediately changes the subject.

Maybe you can 'see' something i cannot. Where exactly do I stand with this long distance relationship?! Does he take me for a fool? Am I his 'fall back' girl?

Thanks a lot!! xx
    • Re: Am I the "Plan B"?????

It really seems like he's just using you when he can't get anyone else. It sucks, but really, that's how it is. He's taking advantage of your age, and it's not fair at all. You're better off without someone like him in your life. There are plenty of guys your age that are much better for you than he is.

Ital_Eng_Fre_xxo wrote:

Hello!!
      I'm going to get straight to it. I am 17 y.o. and can't seem to think clearly when it comes to what I am about to tell you.

A year and a half ago, I met this guy who is 10 yrs my senior. Yeah I know, really large age difference. Anyways, the last little while, he's been telling me that I am the "One" and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me because he loves me. Here's the thing, I don't understand why he would tell me that he loves me and that I am the one, but then later tells me that there is this "super hot" chick he is interested in. Minutes later tells me that he only has eyes for me and that I am his "darling".

I am so confused!!! I tried to talk to him about it. He tells me a little bit about it but then changes the subject. It's also strange because if i tell him about other guys he gets defensive and immediately changes the subject.

Maybe you can 'see' something i cannot. Where exactly do I stand with this long distance relationship?! Does he take me for a fool? Am I his 'fall back' girl?

Thanks a lot!! xx

It's called being a child. Children, particularly the hormone enraged ones, tend to say all sorts of things, but the things they say rarely have any meaning. It's easy for somebody to say that you're the one and that they want to spend the rest of their life with you, but very, very few mean you. To me it sounds like he's just messing around with you. Obviously he has no intention of taking the relationship seriously. To begin with, he lied to you. And then he talks about a 'super hot' chick with his supposed partner. The guy is a joke.

ya, don't let him confuse you. you're young and he's taking advantage of how naive you are about dating and life and whatever. Look for someone closer to your age for a relationship. It will work out so much better, trust me! (besides, there could be some legality issues because you are a minor and he is not)

first of all, Long distance relationships, hardly ever work. And I agree with asocial, he is acting like a child. However, in regards to supersonic, as long as the parents of the minor are o.k. with the relationship and the older person has witnesses to this, there are no legal issues. She is also seventeen and will be turning 18 soon. Once you are 18 you are no longer considered a minor.
      I also agree that you should find someone closer to your age. A guy that gets real defensive when his girlfriend, wife, or whatever, it normally means that he is very controlling. Like you said, he immediately changes subjects when you start talking about "other guys." Try to end it if you feel like it's the right thing to do.
      Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

I think he's just taking advantage of you since you're ten years younger than him. Girls our age tend to be vulnerable and naive, especially when it comes to someone we're interested in. If you feel like something suspicious is going on with him, then you are most likely right. Stay away from this guy, because he might end up hurting you. Follow Heather's suggestion and pursue someone else your age.

Good luck!
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]