Who wants to help me with the impossible?

• Who wants to help me with the impossible?

Stupid, I know. Don't yell at me, I've got parents for that D;

All right, first of all, I've got a boyfriend. He doesn't even like me, and I know what you're thinking-- dump him. But that isn't what I really need help on.

Thing is, I know he's going to dump me eventually. And if he does, I can't do anything to stop it. I need a backup plan. But actually, there is a guy I like. This is where the impossible part comes in. I'm a freshman, and he's a senior. Worse yet, I think I might just have a horrible rep in his family, because I fell real hard for his younger brother [who's in my grade] back in 05-06ish. The younger brother was a real jackass, shallow, assumed stuff, spread rumors when the truth itself sat next to him in fifth period every day, pretty much used me, took advantage of me, insulted me all the time, talked a lot of crap. I suppose the last one's the problem, seeing as if somebody tells their family I'm a crazy stalker, I'm not gonna have the greatest chance with their brother. All right, well, the only time I ever really talked to him was on AIM once, because I was kinda seeking advice on fixing things with the younger brother -- I felt like I screwed up, and needed forgiveness or redemption or something dramatic like that -- so who better to ask than family? I asked the guy who's now a senior, he was real nice to me actually, then he randomly decided I was crazy and mental, and just told me to go away. Not the best thing, really. Part of me wishes I'd stopped while I was ahead, because he really did try to help me in the beginning.

Well, I don't know how to put it, but hey. It'd probably be worse than impossible trying to get him, but any advice on how to at least make friends? Seems like a pretty cool guy and such...

[edit 081807, 05:16 PM] -- I keep getting replies [on this site and others] saying just to be me, make friends, etc. Thanks, but I think that's the easy part, honestly. I just need a way to start talking to him, one that won't seem stalkerish. Because it does seem strange to all of a sudden ask a senior who I barely know to hang out, and start talking a lot and such... any good ways to start something up?

*sigh* Kinda long. Sorry.
      Replies would be much appreciated.
    • Re: Who wants to help me with the impossible?

Stop being crazy =p

nah for real though, best way to become his friend is to treat him like a friend. talk to him, hang out, make him think you're not crazy =P
      [CENTER]Haynes: this internet dies more then tupac[SIZE=6]
      REPOST POLICE
      [/SIZE]

LolGecko;260339 wrote:

ROFL:lol:
      ALL HAIL MissV!

[/CENTER]

just talk to him more, like MissV said, u just have to convince im ur not crazy by talking t him and just being urself, hanging out with him, and maybe after a while- once he realises ur not crazy- u can ask him out or whatever. but the only way ur going to convince him is by talking to him and letting him see the real u.

MissV wrote:

Stop being crazy =p

nah for real though, best way to become his friend is to treat him like a friend. talk to him, hang out, make him think you're not crazy =P

I agree.

:D
      [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
      Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
      Etched with marks, but I can deal
      And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

first start off with dumping the boyfriend, if you know he's going to dump you, beat him to it!
      :)

That way you are also making yourslef available.

then, you just bump into him. drop your books when you bump into him

it worked once for me, even if it is a little movie-ish

Honestly, I was thinking quite the opposite. I do care about my boyfriend, I'm just getting really exhausted from trying. When school starts, we're gonna see if it makes any difference. Plus, the senior guy thinks I'm crazy and obsessive, remember that, I thought the fact that I have a boyfriend would help convince him that I'm not obsessed with his brother, and it won't seem like I like him either. I'm trying just to be friends first, but I don't know how to talk to him. The books idea is good, sorta what I was thinking, find a way to bump into him or something, but I don't know.. best idea I've got so far though.. lol

Sorry, not at the moment.

:wink:

If I suddenly have one, I'll let ya know.

:D
      [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
      Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
      Etched with marks, but I can deal
      And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

catalyst_infinity wrote:

The books idea is good, sorta what I was thinking, find a way to bump into him or something, but I don't know.. best idea I've got so far though.. lol

Glad I could be of service.

what does he do? Like if he does the school play or whatever, audition for that, if he does some extra fundraising, do that to.

Also, start with small stuff, like saying hi when you pass him and having a nice smile on and then continue chatting with your friends, you don't want to put yourself completely out there.

Once you do the smile and say hi for a while, start asking him how his weekend was and excetera.

Take it slow, and make yourself seem approachable.