Humanity is lacking of imagination

• Humanity is lacking of imagination

if you've noticed, most things nowadays are copies from older stuff. music and movies are probably the most noticeable aspects of this declining of imagination. who hasnt heard led zeppelin and stand by me in sean kingston's songs (to give an example)??? and remakes or poor sequels of old time classics ???

do you think imagination and talent are disappearing as time passes by, or we are just too lazy to think on new stuff ???

post interesting responses and comments in the section below
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Hold on to your kite =D[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: Humanity is lacking of imagination

I do not think we are less imaginative. But the problem is that plenty of things have been imagined before and used up. I'm not sure if this makes sense.

Say the person who first thought of something. Another person who has not seen that could think of it like the first person did. But the idea has already been used.

So my answer is no.

To be fair, after a certain point it's hard to create something doesn't copy something else to some extent, simply due to the sheer amount of things that have been created in the past hundred years. Especially with the advent of computers and the internet over the last thirty years, there is simply so much stuff out there, that it's not only possible to copy something completely by accident, it's actually very probable.

And still, there is something to be said for re-imagining, reinventing, recycling and just generally finding new ways to look at old things. I think the ability of something, be it a physical object or an intangible idea, to be reconfigured or viewed through many different perspectives is valuable.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

Alex wrote:

I do not think we are less imaginative. But the problem is that plenty of things have been imagined before and used up. I'm not sure if this makes sense.

Say the person who first thought of something. Another person who has not seen that could think of it like the first person did. But the idea has already been used.

So my answer is no.

actually this happened to me lol. when i was in 7th grade i was obsessed with superheroes and spent every class-hour drawing them. i even made my own superhero, a guy who controls shadows and can even become one....his name was zenith shade. two years later i was watching smallville and zenith shade appeared, not the same name but there was this guy that looked exactly the same as him, even the bright green eyes !!!! i was really pissed of, and for making it worse, during my summer vacations of that year i saw a store with the symbol of my superhero as the logo of the business (i think that even the name of the store was zenith)

Monkey Dance wrote:

actually this happened to me lol. when i was in 7th grade i was obsessed with superheroes and spent every class-hour drawing them. i even made my own superhero, a guy who controls shadows and can even become one....his name was zenith shade. two years later i was watching smallville and zenith shade appeared, not the same name but there was this guy that looked exactly the same as him, even the bright green eyes !!!! i was really pissed of, and for making it worse, during my summer vacations of that year i saw a store with the symbol of my superhero as the logo of the business (i think that even the name of the store was zenith)

i hate that it feels like someone stole your idea
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

It's not that humanity is lacking imagination; after all, it takes imagination to create solutions to previous problems in previous models of whatever invention there is. It takes imagination and innovation to improve and refine previous designs.

Furthermore, it's not like the current world is at a technological standstill. I mean, you can't view at progress with a narrow time frame of a few years. Looking at progress through a decade, you can see that we were innovative, we still are, and I'm placing my money that we will further innovate in the future.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

Meh, I think society growing together has slowed down to almost a standstill. Especially with my current generation - I know a bunch of kids in my grade won't give a rat's ass about college, and even more are considering dropping out.

I think once we fuck up enough (or Obama shits on all our faces) we'll get back on track.

Steven wrote:

Meh, I think society growing together has slowed down to almost a standstill. Especially with my current generation - I know a bunch of kids in my grade won't give a rat's ass about college, and even more are considering dropping out.

I think once we fuck up enough (or Obama shits on all our faces) we'll get back on track.

That's where you live.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

I do not that we've reached a static sense of imagination. You have to understand that we can only do better things with time because of technology, and simply because we have a lot more stuff that we can look back and take inspiration from.

As for music, there is still some good and original stuff out there. It's just that most of the time, people are completely oblivious of this because most of them do not even venture past the stuff they hear on television or the radio.

What makes you think the world is lacking imagination?
      I am sure there are people with great imaginations- you just have to find them.
      As for music... I think there are some good stuff out there
      rock - Rise Against, Weezer, Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Coheed and Cambria, etc etc
      metal - system of a down, metalica, etc

with them yes, but look at the popular artists out there that are more appealing to people:

hilary duff - depeche mode's personal jesus ???
      sean kingston - led zeppelin's d'yer mak'er & stand by me ???

etc etc

as you said, you just have to find them. and many are found....but people dont like them, weird huh ???

The post was edited 1 time, last by Superfast Jellyfish ().