A Memory

• I can still remember that night, it was so long ago. It was approaching winter, I was 16, and I thought possibly I would have you tonight. I was sitting on my front steps waiting for you and it was dark. My mother was sitting down inside, I could see her through the window. I looked up at the stars and found the Southern Cross. You were running 15 minutes late.

I can hear cars driving down roads near my house in all directions. I see the park on the corner where we are planning to go; its dark and I hope no one catches us. I hope my mum doesn’t find out how innocent I really am. That im not her little girl anymore, and if she finds out how I truly am she will never forgive me.

My hearts beating faster with every car I hear drive past my street lighting up the park. Will you stand me up? Is this just another disappointment and heartbreak? We weren’t even together yet... But I know I’d still be extremely hurt.

Mum walks past the front door and down to the kitchen. I’m still staring at the Southern Cross, shivering through the cold. I hear a few bugs sing over my beating heart, nervously waiting for you to arrive. Im freezing, are you coming?

Lights shine up the darkness of my street. I hear the car engine slow down, and stop on the other side of my street up ahead. My heart raced as I jumped up from my front steps and walked over the dark cold road. It was you; you were here, here at last. You parked where the car was last time after our first date a week ago. I fell asleep on the way home and you put your hand on my arm while you drove down the highway. I wasn’t really asleep, I pretended to so we didn’t have the awkward car conversation. You pulled over the other side of my street and we were there for 2 and a half hours in your car. I kissed you, while The Fray CD played over and over. It must’ve played over about 6 or 7 times. It was your first kiss, and I took it so easily.

I stop at the front of the car door and put my hand on the cold black handle. I open it, and see your face, your hands on the wheel. I hear The Fray CD playing and remember everything our relationship once was. That’s where the memory stops, a thousand memories of us all at once, and the song that was playing remains burned in my head.

“You fall away from your past, but it’s following you…..”
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: A Memory

:kissy:
      Thank you
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

:rolleyes::confused:
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

:D Thank you, i needed to let that memory go
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]