What is a good career to get into without...

• What is a good career to get into without...

I"m trying to find a good career into, that doesn't require Too much brains.. like not a doctor or a lawyer. I was thinking of becoming a police officer, an artist, and a real-estate agent at one time. My grades in school are average.. mostly B's, few A's, few C's.. I'm trying my hardest, so I know I'm probably not gonna get any better. What kind of job in the future should i take on, that provides some decent income, so I can provide for a family, but isn't too strenuous or requires too much brain power. all suggestions are appreciated xD
    • Re: What is a good career to get into without...

Why set yourself up for mediocrity?

And being a cop, an artist and a real estate agent all take a lot of brains. Cops need to be vigilant as well as deal with stressful situations all the time.

Artists and real estate agents needs plenty of brains; one to do his line of work while still making ends meet (artists don't make much money, hence starving artist) and real estate agents need to keep apprised of their industry as well as sell their customers.

Silentstrike wrote:

hmmm that doesnt require much brain power?
      hmmmmmm yeah doesnt sound like you have much brain output so i'd say an electrician?

Earns quite a bit and u dont need much brain.

Ooooooh, that sounds pretty good LOL. my uncle is an electrician and he makes quite a bit.. and he doesn't seem all that smart.
      I'm actually quite smart, but I'm realy lazy .. especially with schoolwork. When i mean dont need much brains, i mean like, dont need good grades xD

chickenugget wrote:

Ooooooh, that sounds pretty good LOL. my uncle is an electrician and he makes quite a bit.. and he doesn't seem all that smart.
      I'm actually quite smart, but I'm realy lazy .. especially with schoolwork. When i mean dont need much brains, i mean like, dont need good grades xD

electricians do make lots of money, but they also need to know and understand a lot of stuff (to become an electrician, u need to do a 4-5 year apprenticeship, and during that time u learn everything u need to know). It's a great trade to get into, but just saying electricians do need to be smart at what they do.

The Best Career Opportunities (High-Paying Jobs), College Degree Not Required

That's actually a link with jobs that DON'T require college degrees, but still make decent money, at least according to the 2007 numbers.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]They see me trollin'...they hatin'... Moderatin'...Tryna catch me writin dirty.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chickenugget wrote:

I"m trying to find a good career into, that doesn't require Too much brains.. like not a doctor or a lawyer. I was thinking of becoming a police officer, an artist, and a real-estate agent at one time. My grades in school are average.. mostly B's, few A's, few C's.. I'm trying my hardest, so I know I'm probably not gonna get any better. What kind of job in the future should i take on, that provides some decent income, so I can provide for a family, but isn't too strenuous or requires too much brain power. all suggestions are appreciated xD

Man, just don't believe the stereotype that all people who gets A are smart and there are several different people with good grades that actually can't remember part of the basic subjects such as math, reading, and science. You have to keep in mind that the class give you the answer before the tests which help people with great short-term memory having problems with long-term memory pass the class with above C grade. Not everybody who above C is a bright student and not everybody who gets D to F is a dumb students. Many stereotypical beliefs isn't valuable because exceptions disproves stereotype easily.

Also, being a police officer requires the quality of dealing with dangerous situations which requires resources and knowledge in order to survive in the world of criminals. They also have to deal with interrogations in certain cases where the criminals have them red-handed. You could go talk to a police officers for more information about the job and you'll see that it does requires a lot more brain than it looks on the street.

Last of all, being an traditional artist is one of the most stressful and underpaid job out there considering that you have to work with 4 to 5 more projects while handling critiques that may sound harsh. There are several different types of art out there and I can guaranteed you that there are types of art that isn't a walk in the park to produce. You have to acknowledge certain scientific terms such as pressure, stroking, hand-eye coordination in order to predict the results and you have to acknowledge ideas of mathematical concepts such as proportion/ratio in order to find out if your artwork is produced accurately as possible. You also need a lot of spatial abilities and visual imagination ability which could help you a lot when it comes to producing ideas for art.

All of this was written by a D student who have practiced art for over ten years while studying science at home and used to watch polices doing their job at real crime channels. You also have to keep in mind that I'm into a business during high school. If you want a job that doesn't require too much brain, then go work being a janitor or those people who cleans up crap from people's ass. I know it's mediocre, but it suits exactly what you want. Don't take it as a offense and these are the kind of job that exactly suits your description of the job that you want to look for.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Dinomitian ().

It really depends on what you know. I have friends who get C's in all classes, but can restore a car from the ground up, and friends who get A's, and wouldn't know a clutch if it hit them in the face.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER] "Say those little things that don't make anyone feel better"
      [/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

The intelligence of the person depends on the neurological setup which affects what a person may know the most or the least to a strong level. By any chance do you have friends that gets D/F being capable of going beyond the normal people's ability? I'd like to hear their stories within experience at school and their opinions about school. The certain groups of people who gets all A being extremely dumb are probably the kind that relies on social conformity for their survival while going by what the majority of society appears to tell you. It entirely possible that their brain contains limited long-term memory and limited questioning potentials because their brain isn't made for questioning what other people said.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Dinomitian ().

Tree Surgeon is a good career -you dont have to be smart and you earn alot of money.
      Plummer, Electrician, Builder, Mechanic? You dont need alot of brainpower to do them either. Obviously you will need training though :)
      x
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Zachary Jayden, My precious little [/SIZE][SIZE=3]man, I love you with all my heart ♥[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Grades do not necessarily correlate to knowledge. I have seen C grade students perform amazing on tests while A grade students do not. Although, certain people are better at tests then others. And sometimes tests aren't the best way to assess the intelligence of a student.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]They see me trollin'...they hatin'... Moderatin'...Tryna catch me writin dirty.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]