Teenage relationships are pointless.

• Teenage relationships are pointless.

Is it really worth it for a 13-19 year old male or female to go crazy over another person? Is it really worth it for them to fall so deeply "in love" just to become heartbroken and depressed even sometimes resulting in suicide?

I understand it's gotta be nice to have someone that you can spend time with, cuddle with, love, etc. but how much of it is worth it when 85% of the time you're going to end up apart from each other and in tears?

More teenagers should start trying to worry more about their own personal futures, their current lives, their grades, their friends, their family, and care less about the future they think they're going to have with that "special someone" whom they "love so much" after a week of dating and care less about whether or not a guy or girl likes them or why their boyfriend or girlfriend cheated on them or lied to them, etc.

Save the heartache for your 20s, live it up with fun now!

...I felt like preaching.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KiwiZealand ().

• Re: Teenage relationships are pointless.

I agree to a point. 13 year olds shouldn't be diving in 100% to a relationship. But for us to grow as people, we have to live and learn. Make choices, make mistakes, get hurt. It all is a part of growing up. Everyone goes through something that helps them grow up. 19 though, isn't an unreasonable age to say you've found love. I see nothing wrong with me saying I've found love. My boyfriend and I are planning our futures together. We're not doing it for ourselves, we're building it around us as a couple and making plans together. Everyone is different. Love comes at different ages. Live and learn.

As with Heather, I agree to a point. 13 year olds, just starting highschool don't really know what a relationship entails, and if they do, it's mostly their hormones acting up.
      Though I believe 'true love' can manifest itself at any time, at any age. 16, 75, 32... Whatever. Disappointment and pain will happen in life whether they have a relationship or not. Going through it earlier in life teaches them how they cope with things like that.
      So yes, sometimes they're stupid, but I also know that some of them are not. So unless I know the person or the situation, I'm not going to comment.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

Its better to be burned early and learn from it rather than wait to only be burned later. Either way something will always happen at no matter what age, I just think its good to get it early on since you can know how to cope if it ever happens again. Relationships also open your social skills on a different level to where it can help your relationships in life later on.

however I do believe it is entirely possible to go your entire life and never fall in love.

everyone is different, and for some, relationships really are not worth the effort, at 13-17 most people haven't fully matured. once you get around 18 or 19 and you're looking more seriously about your future, it isn't unreasonable to love someone. some relationships blossom from simply friendships, others just happen right off. failed relationships at this time help a person learn from his/her mistakes. it all depends on how much the two truly care for each other.

KiwiZealand wrote:

Is it really worth it for a 13-19 year old male or female to go crazy over another person? Is it really worth it for them to fall so deeply "in love" just to become heartbroken and depressed even sometimes resulting in suicide?

I understand it's gotta be nice to have someone that you can spend time with, cuddle with, love, etc. but how much of it is worth it when 85% of the time you're going to end up apart from each other and in tears?

More teenagers should start trying to worry more about their own personal futures, their current lives, their grades, their friends, their family, and care less about the future they think they're going to have with that "special someone" whom they "love so much" after a week of dating and care less about whether or not a guy or girl likes them or why their boyfriend or girlfriend cheated on them or lied to them, etc.

Save the heartache for your 20s, live it up with fun now!

...I felt like preaching.

Meh. if you dont hav relationships now then when u get to your 20s youll have no idea what your doing and that wont be fun.
      IMO Teenage relationships are good aslong as they dont involve sex. That is what should be saved for your 20's

I hate people that say things like this. Oh your 14 you can't love..... I didn't know their was a legal age limit to fall in love? I mean c'mon. I admit falling in love at a young age isn't the best idea unless ur 100% sure and you keep no secrets. Unlike me and my girlfriend. We were in love, but she had past emotions kept in a secret so I couldn't get to them and it's because of that we broke up.

I would say relationships aren't pointless like others have said, we each have our own trival experiences in life and i would rather experience them before I'm 20 so i know what to be aware of. I would say a majority of people are influenced by their hormones and don't really think they are in love, rather live the illusion of being in love.

But you can't say all relationships are pointless, we live and we learn it does benefit you.

But those who commit suicide over a broken teen relationship would have to be severely depressed and have other mental problems.

Taking your life over one relationship isn't worth it and is just a waste of your life. Suicide is for the weak or those who are with a terminal disease (cancer etc) which i find valid for you to cure your pain by euthanasia.

But back to the point some of us find love earlier some later in life.. it's a very touchy subject.

I would like to know the 85% percentage source.. that's a very very general stereotype i think to say.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Suicide isn't for the weak, that's just closed-minded and rude.
      Suicide for reasons like that IS stupid, however.
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]

i think that some of us do get carried away with the word "love", but i also think that teenage relationships are worth it

sure if you focus on the negative then you can say you go through so much pain blah blah blah... yes i have been through that pain, but all of it helps with making relationships in the future, you learn what not to do

and they can work out in the end, my parents met in sixth form (so around the age of 16 or 17) and now they are married and have 2 kids, including me

i would say teenage relationships are a good thing as long as they dont overreact about it, if it doesnt work out try to get them back yeah, but if theres no chance of getting them back dont give up all together, coz there will be more (yeah i know i used a bit of a cliche with the "plently more fish in the sea" idea but it is true)

anyway its all experiences that help you develop in life
      we all got troubles, we all got pain, we try to hang onto love, try to keep it the same, we all got issues, i put mine in my songs, sometimes im not fine but im carrying on

I know I'm young, but I've had this conversation with all my teachers and they tend to agree. After all, they're the ones that taught me a lot about life (unexpectedly).

I think that a lot of young teenagers don't even know what "love" is, and they get into relationships purely because of the psychological fact that humans crave for love not matter how they deny it, and the teenage period is when we start to mature and our hormones start to develop.

However, at the same time, if a teen knows what love is and knows how to control themselves, being in relationships is a good thing. Experiencing relationships later might lead to many problems in one's lovelife due to the pure lack of experience and familiarity to heartbreak. When you're independent and living alone, you'd be free to drink and smoke to your content without having to hide like you would if you were a teenager living with your parents.

The teenage period is also when people have to gather different aspects to form a complete life, that includes: education, ability, friendship and connection, and relationships.

Batgirl wrote:

Suicide isn't for the weak, that's just closed-minded and rude.
      Suicide for reasons like that IS stupid, however.

So you would say Suicide is a normal part of life that hasn't seriously got some questions to answer?. If you were on your deathbed with cancer and you had option a) Live another 2 weeks in agonising pain struggling to breathe and coughing blood or option b) rid yourself of the pain by euthanasia which would you do?

As a matter of fact i am not being rude, I'm stating my opinion whether you agree or not, suicide IS never the ANSWER to your problems except if your terminal where i think it is justified.

I have to say batgirl i disagree with both your statements and that's it I'm not going to turn this into a personal vendetta between me and you.

Teenage relationships aren't pointless :)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

As I said before, it takes time, teen's who date for a month or two and say there in love are so wrong, but there is no set minimum time for it, it just happens and you know when your in it, its so different to just 'liking' somebody

trust me, if you dont figure it out in the relationship, you will def figure it out when its over
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Okay, Curkz. But, I do think that sometimes it is the answer. Not for little things, or simple depression. But when death, and what you believe in to happen after death, is better than life... Like when everything you want or had is gone. Not figuratively. Completely literally.
      There is only so much pain the mind and body can take before it shuts down or tries to find a way out. Sometimes, suicide may not even be a concious act.
      But I did say that it wasn't for everyday problems, so no, it's not what should be normality.

As for your question; If I was in that situation, I'd want the option to be euthanized. However if the pain merely started, and the fact was that it was going to get worse until death, I'd probably end it sooner.
      [/CENTER]
      [/RIGHT]