Report Yourself Mattster

• Re: Report Yourself Mattster

Mattster wrote:

Considering I never said either OS is perfect you seem to be up yourself a lot to be that blind. Okay, So lets see... A iMac with what.. Quad core, maybe 4GB and possibly a 500GB HDD as a rough guess.. Um, £1200? Last time I checked, could of gone up even more; wouldn't be surprised to be honest. A custom built PC, including the OS about £700 or less. I think I'll go the cheap alternative. I thoroughly know Windows much more than I will know the Mac, whats the point of me going for Mac if:

1. Its overpriced.
      2. I can get a cheaper system with equal or more system power

There is probably more points, but this main point will never get knocked down. I would like to see the Mac do everything I do. If it can, good for it, but will it persuade me to get a Mac... Ofcourse not. I'm still interested in saving money, with the extra god knows how much you spend on a Mac I could use the same amount to upgrade my rig with anything I like. Though only thing Mac can apparently say they're better is this stable issue, get an average user who searchs the web does anything and everything and see if the Mac can tolerate the same abuse; I doubt it could.

Each OS has faults but the main cause is the user, not the OS.

My Imac tolerates everything so does my macbook pro from gaming to graphic design to FX to audio editing to animation to 3d modeling.

My desktop running osx86 custom built handles the same except in windows 7 it fs with my graphics card and makes AVA laggy (which has bad graphic to begin with). I play AVA on shitdows because i installed shitdows 7 and i should at least use it for something.
      My laptop and desktop have the same graphics card 9400 gt nvidia.

Note i suggested building a custom rig and installing a retail version (that way he can spen a shit load of money on his hardware and have a great computer and just buy OSX-which is cheaper to but alone then shitdows) they do cost a shit load of money i would def not lie about that but you do get quality hardware and buy your OS (software) and your hardware from the same company thats why it cost more.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

kiwinall wrote:

To say that windows is shit simply proves you're just another mindless apple fan boy
      windows clearly is NOT shit, why else do you think so many people use it?

I have tried OSx and i prefer windows. does that make me stupid? no, it means i prefer windows, just like many other people do. so please take your stupid attitude out of this forum.

Super fen cheap one of the reasons why industries switched. Save money big time! You prefer windows over OSX hmm... why? maybe your just use to the windows environment.

People often try to include hardware and price into an apple vs pc debate we are arguing software not hardware or price.

The fact is OSX is a better os if you don't like it doesn't mean its a bad os.
      Not trying to seem hypocritical here i dislike windows and prefer mac which is a better OS.

Would a fanboy have a triple boot desktop running windows 7 osx86 and ubuntu ummmm no FAIL.
      [SIGPIC]Life is so very short ebjoy it while your still existing!;)[/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by tsm1248 ().

I'm on nVidia 9400GT, works perfectly for me. I have nothing more to say due to your lack of reasoning and immaturity.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

tsm1248 wrote:

Would a fanboy have a triple boot desktop running windows 7 osx86 and ubuntu ummmm no FAIL.

I'm sure they would, because Mac can't suit their needs completely. Why have multiple OSes if Mac is so good; excluding the fact of test purposes or to see what each OS is like.

Another reason why people use windows more is alot very simple when Microsoft started they had amazing i mean amazing marketing techniques and continue to do so with the xbox 360.
      BTW i have all 3 consoles PS3 Wii and 360,now if i were a "fanboy" i would not buy Microsoft products.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Mattster wrote:

I'm on nVidia 9400GT, works perfectly for me. I have nothing more to say due to your lack of reasoning and immaturity.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I'm sure they would, because Mac can't suit their needs completely. Why have multiple OSes if Mac is so good; excluding the fact of test purposes or to see what each OS is like.

Ok so it works for you apparently but not on my windows so i some how have lack of reasoning and immaturity. Ok any way what OS are you using windows of cource but what version and do you have the driver package i could use so far iv tried drivers from nvidia website and windows 7 update it was a no go didnt fix the problem.

Why i put windows on my desktop
      1. Wanted to have a triple boot computer
      2. Have to try all the OSs
      3. Wanted to see how Microsoft improved on its OSs

my reasons are simple everything i do on the windows side i can do on my mac i use ubuntu because im a huge fan of open source huge fan i fully support the idea of a free OSs. Ubuntu is supported by a community that is very willing to share advice and help and programs. Its community developed and maintained. Yes ubuntu is not as nearly as stable as windows when installing multiple apps they tend to get mixed up and lost of problems with updates ect. I would expect those issues with ubuntu since the community is not paid to fix it im sure canonical ahs some people working on the OS which get paid.

So a fan boy who thinks his OSs is all high and mighty would result to having windows installed yep your briliance amazes me i am stunned. Lots of logic went into that one.

From what i see your the fanboy your the hypocrite your the one with lack of knowledge.

I have no issue using windows i just prefer a better OSs over it i rather be able to do all things i want to then just beng able to do some thats why ui use the mac OS more.

I result to linux for another reason i love compiz along with a touchscreen.
      [SIGPIC]Life is so very short ebjoy it while your still existing!;)[/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 5 times, last by tsm1248 ().

tsm1248 wrote:

i use ubuntu because im a huge fan of open source huge fan i fully support the idea of a free OSs. Ubuntu is supported by a community that is very willing to share advice and help and programs. Its community developed and maintained.

As long as the open-source Communists continue to shy away from proprietary software and drivers (or at least acting as though "proprietary = from Satan") Linux will have little software and few users. Face it, most software is proprietary these days. Software development is a business like any other. Developers have to eat. I like Fedora and all, but it doesn't have most (or hardly any) of the awesome software that's available for OS X or Windows. Don't get me wrong, open-source is FANTASTIC when you're talking about things like web standards and audio formats (even Apple, known for being very proprietary, has some open-source ventures that have been very successful.) But a philosophy that dictates that EVERYTHING should be given away free doesn't work. Several famous dictators have already tried this IRL and it phailed miserably, just as Linux has done in its attempts to appeal to the non-nerdy masses. ;)

DamnImGood wrote:

BULLSHIT! No respectable gamer is going to use Macs for gaming unless the game has a Mac version. If you're talking about running it in WINE or some other emulator then you're twisting the whole thing wrong. Without WINE OS X wouldn't be able to run ANY Windows software (save for Parallels and Bootcamp), so it's not the OS that's good, it's the emulator application WINE that's good. Nice try, though.

It gets worse, actually. Even the titles that are available for OS X are SHITTY ports from the DirectX-based PC versions. Windows games use DirectX, but as this is not available on the Mac, OpenGL must be used. It’s not that OpenGL itself sucks, it’s that OpenGL is exclusively a graphics language whereas DirectX consists of a number of APIs for everything from graphics to audio to networking, making the conversion from DX to OpenGL a difficult task. Corners are ALWAYS cut by the developers. Mac games would be so much better if a game studio would take the time to write a Mac native title in OpenGL from the ground up, rather than simply porting it to OS X using Cider. (Ha ha, get it? Apple cider?! lulz!) This is not likely to happen since most studios just shrug and say “Well, no biggie, you really can’t game on a Mac anyway.”

I’ve lurked on the Mac forums for years and not even the blindest, most unreasonable Apple fanboy would try and suggest that gaming on the Mac is better than on Windows. Most of them just poke fun at gaming period, or just say “Throw away your PC and get a PS3 if you want to game.” :D

Oh yeah and Wine is a giant, mouldy, effervescent, fungus-encrusted pile of horse shit. Especially for gaming. There is NO WAY that Wine can handle most modern games released in the last few years, especially with 3D settings turned up.

DamnImGood wrote:

don't bring Dr. Drew into this. He knows more about Apple products than you ever will but at the same time has a real-word understanding of how the OSes fit into place.

:bow::bow::bow:

DamnImGood wrote:

$1,300 for this? Are you kidding me? You can't even go inside it and modify whatever you want without voiding the warranty. It's not even a quad core! 500GB hard drive? Give me a break. GeForce 9400M video? ROFL. It's a fucking laptop video card. Like come on, man. This hardware is garbage compared to what you can buy yourself for $1,300.

The 9400M isn’t even a card, it’s an onboard GPU that shares system memory. FAIL.

DamnImGood wrote:

First, all 32-bit operating systems can only allocate up to 4GB of memory. All of them. Some of them can "trick" the OS into using more by using Phyiscal Address Extension, but each process is still limited to 4GB of memory. Only 64-bit operating systems can use more. In fact, they can use up to 16 exabytes.

Ah, bitness and memory address space. It confuses them every time doesn’t it? :D

I'd continue this debate, but DIG and Dr. Drew pretty much said every argument I had in store. xD
      I haven't used OSX that much, just fooled around for a min-2 tops at Office Depot, so I honestly can't say anything about the OS itself. But what I can say is that the prices they give don't justify it. Also, like DIG said multiple times, and like I've mentioned earlier, OSX and Windows target different audiences.
      Windows targets the common user which uses the computer for tasks like internet, music, some emails, games, etc. OSX targets media people like graphic makers, music composers, video editors, stuff like that.

I wouldn't use a Mac because the closest I get to that is my web development, which, I do with a simple syntax-highlighting text editor, which is more than enough for me, thank you very much. I wouldn't want to spend twice the money I would for the computer I have right now just so I'd have a different OS.

OSX is only more stable because they limit you to using their set of hardware components, meaning they develop drivers exclusively for them. Windows on the other hand, needs drivers for every possible hardware component, so naturally the broad variety this comes into affects the stability, but in my experience, Windows 7 has been more stable than ever, and other than a few unexplained crashes (which unlike everyone thinks, only froze the related app, and only did so for a few seconds), and that's definitely tolerable, considering I can at least not be limited to overly priced hardware.

I'm 18 years old, my family isn't exactly rich, and the money I make a month before military service wouldn't exactly buy me the best computer ever. I say money's a big factor here and Apple overpricing otherwise not-that-expensive hardware is not worth the trouble. Plus, I play a small amount of games, but I'm pretty sure even that experience would be killed if I had a Mac, with all the Wine shit and whatnot; which obviously wouldn't run a game at full power.
      [center][size=4]Reach me at...
      henasraf.com ■ twitter.com/OhMrBigshot[/size][/center]