Who starts the conversation?

• Who starts the conversation?

There's this one thing that's always been bothering me. On MSN, texting, facebook, are the guys always supposed to start the conversation? Do the girls always wait for the guys to start a conversation?

If a girl doesn't start the conversation, does it mean that she isn't into you? Because I've been really worried that I'm annoying her on MSN, texting, and facebooking. As soon as she logs on I wait for her to talk to me. Sometimes hours on end, but of course she doesn't know this :)

Eventually I always start the conversation and she responds back, but once again I get really worried that I'm annoying her, which I DO NOT want.
    • Re: Who starts the conversation?

No, guys don't always have to start the conversation. It just depends on the girl. Some wait for the guy to initiate a conversation and others start it themselves. If she doesn't start a conversation, it could be that she feels as if she's annoying you if she does. It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't want to talk to you. She's just unsure on whether or not you want to talk to her. Or, it could be that the girl is used to the guy always initiating something and therefore she just waits. Like I said, it depends.

She could be feeling the same way as you, you just don't know it. If she didn't want to talk to you, she'd probably keep her responses short and not try to carry on a conversation with you. If you want her to take the initiative every so often, bring it up, but don't make it seem like you're forcing her to. In my opinion, it seems like it's just about reassurance, but that's because I'm the type that waits for the guy to talk and I've had it brought up to me.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jasmine ().

Hi,

Some girls do expect guys to start conversations out of nervousness, Or it's just something were use to because it's normally how a conversation starts, unless the girl very confident about herself. Maybe try talking to her into a conversation to start. Like bring it up something really interesting and let it stick to her and maybe she'll bring it up again. Don't feel obligated to keep starting the conversation.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by hearttbeats ().

i have the exact same problem. i leave msn open and wait that her talks to me. if not i leave it like that and just talk like once or twice a week in msn, the rest in school.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

for your second post....i have a friend that said she didnt ever want a relationship, but little by little she grew fond with another guy and are together now. everything can happen
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Hold on to your kite =D[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Monkey Dance wrote:

i have the exact same problem. i leave msn open and wait that her talks to me. if not i leave it like that and just talk like once or twice a week in msn, the rest in school.

I've been trying to force myself to do that for ages but I rarely can. All I do is think about her and I'm happy having any communication with her. I wanted to block her so that I could resist the urge, but decided that that was rude and sent the wrong message, definitely NOT the kind of message I wanted her to have from me.

Both online and in real life, I find it immensly difficult to initiate a conversation with anyone. To so you, my friend, everyone is different and even if it seems as if she's ignoring you, chances are, she isn't. If we could tap into the minds of others just to see what they're thinking, perhaps engaging in a conversation would be a much easier process. But we can't. :wink:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like when my boyfriend starts the conversation because it makes me know hes thinking about me. but sometimes i start it up.. :)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]