Nightmares every night

• Re: Nightmares every night

Sharkbait wrote:

So yeh, i dreamed a skeleton t-rex was running around in my old house in the middle of the night, eating all my family, it was quite funny because you could see them floating in its stomach, well in the dream it was scarey but in hindsight, quite hilarious, i had to smash it up with a bat to free everyone.

I have dreams where there was a giant rolling log over a bottomless pit, like mines of moria style, and you had to get from one side to the other, i make it then watch everyone i know fall off after me.... noobs.

Oh yeh, ive had a small scale steam train which i used to drive down to the shops in every day..... the tracks ran along the pavement.

OHH, the creme de la creme, i was about to have sex with a girl on a bean bag in her bed room, she got naked and her vagina was a dripping green beetle mandible, funnily enough i proceeded to have sex with her anyway and funnily enough it felt quite good, very life like....

Arent dreams the best?

lmao man!!!!! thank you for the early morning laugh.

Nightmares are back again :(
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Dreams and nightmares all stand for something, might it be important or not.

I don't think you should take it to literaly, because the 'symbols' or whatever i should call them, stand for certain things that you're facing in your life at the moment.

Since i'm going through pretty much the same thing as you (I've been having a lot of bad dreams in the past two years) I've done some more research on what these 'symbols' are.

You say you're not afraid of guns or death, but you still have nightmares about it. I think that, but i could be wrong, when someone close to you dies in your dream, try to think of what you appreciate so much about him/her that you're afraid to lose. Apperantly you find it important to have this in your life.
      When you use a gun to kill someone, or someone else holds the gun, this does not have something to do with the gun, but about who's in control of the gun. When you're in control, it means you're able to face your anger and fear in real life. Do you have a goal that you're very eager to achieve?

I'm not sure whether this is helpful. Just tell me whether i'm wrong or right.

Just trying :) I hope it gets better soon.

Im trying to acheive my license. Its hard.
      Thats about it..

Since then ive had more nightmares about being shot. its just so odd and very terrifying.
      People at my door in the middle of the night with guns.
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I'm not sure if getting a license has a lot to do with it. Unless you're very bothered by it and it's not working out as you wanted to. Still, to have this much nightmares is a bit extreme.

Having nightmares about guns and being shot is not good, as far as i know :/ Though dreams like this are always unpleasant. Maybe there's just something you're not proud of (about yourself) or ashamed of..

It is odd.
      I havent had a nightmare since 2 days ago..
      Ill look it up on google, thanks for the advice.
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

write them down. all that you can remember. also write down things that you do during the day time.

here's why:

You dream almost every night, and chances are that even if you don't remember you dreamed, you had more than a few nightmares. The reason you are remembering these is more than likely because you wake up(at least partially) in the middle of the dream, interrupting the sleep cycle and concreting the last thing in your mind.

Look for patterns between things you do in the day and when you dream. Are you eating anything that is causing you to sleep improperly? is there some kind of noise or light interrupting your sleep? are you watching a disturbing TV series or movie?? If you can, backlog your "journal" and remember as much as you can. Also look for patterns between themselves. You have already been doing some of this; Death and guns are recurring. Who is most often the victim? are there any specific recurring themes? We often dream about(to some extent) things we are worried about or things that are running through our heads throughout the day. Another way to sleep better is to do a quick mental run-down of your day just before sleeping. try to picture everything you did from getting up in the morning to going to sleep. I find this easier to do in reverse since things are fresher in your head and come back easier. If you pray, then pray for peace and comfort.(even if you don't, you could try it. its just like talking to yourself, except you can believe that God is listening.)

You also may want to consider trying to dream lucidly.(this means that you are conscious that you're dreaming and can control the dreams) make a mark on your hand to remind you that you are awake, so when you are in a dream, you realize that you aren't. By consciously making it a habit to check for the mark when you are awake, you will start to when you sleep. Also make a habit to look at mirrors and clocks. In dreams, mirrors are distorted(almost always) and clocks don't move or change.(again, almost always) just check to see whether they do. once you subconsciously suspect you are in a dream, you will start to see irregularities in the logic of the dream, and once you realize its a dream, then its all up to the power of your mind, because of course, a dream is all in your head.

I hope at least some part of this helps you or someone else.

wanna ask u sumthing
      kk tell
      in past few days did u did sumthing sort of wrong wid any1.........or sum1 else did???
      i'm askin dis b'cuz ur dreamsare affected by wat you do or u go through all through d day......nn 1 suggestion b4 u sleep jus think of gud things.....i hope it will help

thanks guys, i hsvent have a nightmare in a few nights :)
      Jal

Cassie
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]