Magic the Gathering or Yu-gi-oh?

• Re: Magic the Gathering or Yu-gi-oh?

max123987 wrote:

Honestly it takes more patience and thinking with MtG then it does with yugioh. There are more rules, more abilities, more cards, more creature types, and of course there are the infamous Sliver creatures in MtG (probably the worst type of deck to go against) and i have one with the Sliver Queen, Sliver Legion, and Sliver Overlord (if anyone gets those three out at the same time its pretty much impossible for the other person to win, then there's my favorite sliver the Essence Sliver which gives all slivers Life link(when the creature deals damage to an opponent you gain that much life) add that with the battering sliver which give all slivers trample you're going to get damage through regardless if they block.

Slivers are the toughest MtG cards there are, even stronger than Dragon cards.
      Note for anyone who plays Magic, if you go against a sliver deck your best bet is to null the deck down to nothing (usually using black or blue cards like Memory Erosion or cards that force the opponent to discard cards.)

you exaggerating, a lot.. sliver decks aren't that strong... 1 WoG and goodbye to all the precious slivers... not to talk about the fact that you have to go multi-color, which will greatly enhance the number of useless hands and draws...
      oh... and using plague sliver is always very funny...

and btw: sliver is a creature type that is characterized by the fact that they share abilities (each sliver give something to all slivers in play, in the example above: Sliver Legion gives each silver +1/+1 for each sliver in play. The 2 others are unique slivers that happen to not share this specific ability)

The post was edited 2 times, last by unc0mm0n ().

unc0mm0n wrote:

you exaggerating, a lot.. sliver decks aren't that strong... 1 WoG and goodbye to all the precious slivers... not to talk about the fact that you have to go multi-color, which will greatly enhance the number of useless hands and draws...
      oh... and using plague sliver is always very funny...

and btw: sliver is a creature type that is characterized by the fact that they share abilities (each sliver give something to all slivers in play, in the example above: Sliver Legion gives each silver +1/+1 for each sliver in play. The 2 others are unique slivers that happen to not share this specific ability)

One of my friends that plays Magic says he never plays anyone with slivers because of that XD

My Spirit deck is awesome, so is my legendary deck (all cards are legendary cards with the exception of the basic land cards thats in it) then there is my Elf deck which is tough to beat. Also got my "beat-down" deck which well basically pure power, then there's my Knight deck, and my Protection deck, got a decent life deck, and then there's my blue-white deck (with one of my fave cards in it Mirror-Sigil Sergeant, 4/4 with trample that doubles itself each of my upkeeps (2,4,8,16,32,64,ect) Mystic Rare) then I have a deck with quite a few land fall abilities, then theres my control-counter deck, I got a ton of decks and literally thousands of cards.
      Check out my Album.
      :)Max:)

max123987 wrote:

My Spirit deck is awesome, so is my legendary deck (all cards are legendary cards with the exception of the basic land cards thats in it) then there is my Elf deck which is tough to beat. Also got my "beat-down" deck which well basically pure power, then there's my Knight deck, and my Protection deck, got a decent life deck, and then there's my blue-white deck (with one of my fave cards in it Mirror-Sigil Sergeant, 4/4 with trample that doubles itself each of my upkeeps (2,4,8,16,32,64,ect) Mystic Rare) then I have a deck with quite a few land fall abilities, then theres my control-counter deck, I got a ton of decks and literally thousands of cards.

My friend's main deck is a poison deck filled with Poison Counters. He always beats you in 6 turns no matter how good you are or what you put in your deck.

I found out what the D in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's stands for; Dont Watch-it!

I found out what the G in Yu-Gi-Oh GX stands for; Dont Watch-it!
      -Yu-Gi-Oh the abridged series :: LittleKuriboh
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Sorrow ().

JohnDoe wrote:

My friend's main deck is a poison deck filled with Poison Counters. He always beats you in 6 turns no matter how good you are or what you put in your deck.

easy way to solve that, platinum angle, with an enchantment or equipment that makes it where it can't be target of spells or abilities, or just use the deck that i have it in that makes all cards artifacts and gives all artifacts the ability that they are in destructible, easy as hell to do with my artifact deck. not even collation of victory can top that.
      Check out my Album.

max123987 wrote:

easy way to solve that, platinum angle, with an enchantment or equipment that makes it where it can't be target of spells or abilities, or just use the deck that i have it in that makes all cards artifacts and gives all artifacts the ability that they are in destructible, easy as hell to do with my artifact deck. not even collation of victory can top that.

wut

Darksteel Forge (mana cost 9)
      Artifact

Artifacts you control are indestructible. ("Destroy" effects and lethal damage don't destroy them.)

plus

Platinum Angel (mana cost 7)
      Artifact Creature — Angel (4/4)

Flying

You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.

equals permanent invincibility, this is just one of many many combos that would render your friends poison deck useless. Also in my artifact deck i can get even a card costing 9 out with in a few turns via abilities of other cards.
      Check out my Album.

The post was edited 2 times, last by max123987 ().

max123987 wrote:

Darksteel Forge (mana cost 9)
      Artifact

Artifacts you control are indestructible. ("Destroy" effects and lethal damage don't destroy them.)

plus

Platinum Angel (mana cost 7)
      Artifact Creature — Angel (4/4)

Flying

You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.

equals permanent invincibility, this is just one of many many combos that would render your friends poison deck useless. Also in my artifact deck i can get even a card costing 9 out with in a few turns via abilities of other cards.

there are still more then a few ways to get rid of this combo
      anything that gives -4 to toughness will kill the angel, and any card with "exile".. and the new set really likes -1/-1 counters and proliferate, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem

The post was edited 1 time, last by unc0mm0n ().

Magic The Gathering ftw. It's like a game of chess, WITH CARDS. o: (I used to play Yugioh as well..Back in middle school. Lawl.)

I have a couple different magic decks. I have an angel deck, a demon deck, a sliver deck, a trample..ish deck, annndd I can't remember the other one. I'm too lazy to look. >.>

The post was edited 1 time, last by Corrupt: ADDING STUFF! o; ().