teen depression

• teen depression

im depressed...im going to be 14 soon..and well ive never really been worried about looks much but i really am now...i have really curly and frizzy hair..so i straighten it everday..but i dont want to anymore because its harmful and is harming my hair..i told ppl at my school that my hair is naturally like that..which is a lie..so i dont want to confess my lie...i dont really have that many friends either and i dont want to lose them either...i want to gather enough courage to go places my normal self..and i want to be prouder of who i am and be more social...but how can i do this..even if i continue using the hair iron..it wont work too well..because mine isnt working too good anyway.. what do i do?

when will all these teen problems stop? im tired of going through this...and plus, im really nervous for school starting..different teachers...different students...everythings changing...its really freaking me out
    • Re: teen depression

Why cant you be understanding towards anyone?!
      Not everybody actually feels confident with very curly hair, putting people down like that shoes how little understanding you are. I would be afraid of telling my friends truth if they were going to ridicule me. You so need to accept people and understand others feelings etc. Not everyone is like you when it comes to feeling alone.

bball123 - this is perfectly natural. I get this sometimes, but its always about my body or my looks. Your only 14 so its bound to be part of the hormonal things. Someone once told me that naturally curly hair is beautiful and believe it or not many people may actually love your hair, i would, theres not a great deal of it around. If they are true friends they would support what your going through, not give you ridicule about your hair. I know how that feels. I dont have curly hair so i wouldnt be able to give any proper advice, maybe the hairdresser would know what to do to get it how you want it?
      I know it might be a pain, but i would much rather have curly hair that always stays in that style, rather than limp hair. You will gradully grow out of the deprssion though, pm me at anytime, maybe you just need a close friend thats there for you. And as i previously said on anothet thread (aswell as another member) if you tell yourself good things about yourself each day you may alter your thinking :)

kat1990 wrote:

Why cant you be understanding towards anyone?!
      I can't be understanding towards pathetic, whiny emos like her. I can be perfectly understanding with rational human beings.

kat1990 wrote:

Not everybody actually feels confident with very curly hair...
      I'm not saying she has to feel confident with it, but lying to people about what it's naturally like, and allowing herself to get depressed over something that trivial? As I said, pathetic.

kat1990 wrote:

...putting people down like that shoes how little understanding you are.
      Oh noes?

kat1990 wrote:

I would be afraid of telling my friends truth if they were going to ridicule me.
      Really? Then you're a spineless coward, too.

kat1990 wrote:

You so need to accept people and understand others feelings etc.
      I don't need to do either.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

No im not a coward at all, i just dont know how to tell people truth sometimes because i dont want to be bullied over it.
      Your probably a bully yourself. You call me things for no reason, people like you need to get a life.
      Its funny how you cant define the words properly, e.g - being a coward is not that.

unless your a bully yourself, you will never understand that everyone is different, therefore may not be able to do things like you would. There is no right or wrong there at all, i was the same when i was at school and i guess you would have taken the piss out of me then too. How stupid!

Not saying i lied much to people, i said i would probably be afraid of being ridiculed when i was at school!

kat1990 wrote:

No im not a coward at all, i just dont know how to tell people truth sometimes because i dont want to be bullied over it.
      As I said, coward.

kat1990 wrote:

Your probably a bully yourself.
      HA! You're delusional. Poor dear.

kat1990 wrote:

Its funny how you cant define the words properly, e.g - being a coward is not that.
      I never attempted to "define" any word. I think what you were looking for is that I can't use words properly (oh, the irony). But not telling people the truth for fear of being bullied is cowardly.

kat1990 wrote:

unless your a bully yourself, you will never understand that everyone is different, therefore may not be able to do things like you would. There is no right or wrong there at all, i was the same when i was at school and i guess you would have taken the piss out of me then too. How stupid!
      Yes, you're right. It is stupid that I can "take the piss out of you".

kat1990 wrote:

Not saying i lied much to people, i said i would probably be afraid of being ridiculed when i was at school!
      Because you're a spineless coward. Ridicule is nothing to fear or go out of your way to avoid, and anyone who does that is...well, pathetic and cowardly.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

No your the coward, idiotic and judgemental one. Take a look at how nasty you have been towards numerous member. cant imagine how you have been raised.
      your idiotic! Not to mention reported.

your critism is pathetic, you cant describe what people are properly, your that judgemental.
      People like you should be put in a bad depression to realize what its like.

If im a coward you should take a good look at what you are then, A B.U.L.L.Y!
      your pretty sick to find it so funny to go bullying etc for no reason. You couldnt even answer me in a nicely manner over a pm. I see your pms is high.

kat1990 wrote:

No your the coward...
      Really? What have I done that's cowardly?

kat1990 wrote:

your critism is pathetic, you cant describe what people are properly, your that judgemental.
      Just because you disagree, that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

kat1990 wrote:

People like you should be put in a bad depression to realize what its like.
      Oh, I do love when people are so JUDGMENTAL. Dear, I HAVE been depressed. In fact, I have numerous times, the most recent just two months ago. I spent most of my time crying, I didn't eat, didn't sleep, didn't even talk. I've been on four different depression medications in the past few years. I know damn well what it feels like to be depressed, so don't assume I don't.

This girl has no fucking CLUE what it feels like to be depressed.

kat1990 wrote:

If im a coward you should take a good look at what you are then, A B.U.L.L.Y!
      No, I'm just bluntly honest.

kat1990 wrote:

your pretty sick to find it so funny to go bullying etc for no reason.
      I can live with that.

kat1990 wrote:

You couldnt even answer me in a nicely manner over a pm.
      When did you PM me?

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Okay. My hair is naturally thick, frizzy, and curly/wavy. I use to staighten it everyday, too. (Sometimes I still do)
      You got to learn to love your hair; It's not like everyone else's. And if you really can't do that, go to a hair stylist in your town and ask what can be done to make it easier to manage and still look great.

And about lying to your friends... either tell them the truth, or you could build upon the lie(which I don't want to suggest, but I am anyways) and say that you got a perm.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]

The truth that can set souls free is buried within sweet pandemonium.
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

You are very wrong to be so judgemental, Its nothing to do with a disagreement, see there you go, WRONG again.
      You said you basically find it fun to slag people for no reason cause your sick in the head.

At least some of us arent so critical as you. Every thread that someone wants advice on you vertually use wording that probably upsets people. I gather you go around school critising people because your an absolute bully type.

I agree when you say over the lieing, but how you say it comes out rather mean. You said its pathetic that member is depressed because of her hair FFS just accept some people are depressed for all sort of things.
      you need to develop a bit of understanding, not to mention the defining of the words you call people. E.g- as if im a coward, i help people, i support people, all you do is critise which makes you a NOT nice natured person.
      when someome PM's you, you cant reply in a nice manner cause your a idiot.

sorry to mention it, but it is wrong to be mean to someone thats in depression, thats rather nasty.

Yeah i have been terribly depressed in the past actually.

so why critize people because they get depressed over their hair?????? if you were such an understanding person you would understand WHY people get depressed over their hair.

btw theres a difference in disagagreeing than replying on here with this
      Holy shit. I'd be depressed if I was that stupid, too.
      How can you call that person stupid when you dont even know her!? theres your judgemental side.
      maybe sit and think for a moment, and realize that not everyone can come out with truth sometimes, especially not if theyre being bullied. Anyone understanding would understand another person maybe be different than you in how they come out with things. Your difference is just mean. period.
      Anyway i will leave it now...you obviously have a problem where you simply can understand people ,maybe you dont know how to understand people?

well ppl say if ur young and an ugly duckling they always become beautiful in the end. wen i was 13 i was ewww im serious, and i also was unhappy with the way i looked, i had fucked up teeth with braces, i was short and a bit fat 2. im not implying that im all that now, cos im not, but what im saying is dont kick urself about it 2 much, if u think ur friends will leave u cos ur hair is frizzy, then sod them, they r'nt really ur friends, dont change 4 know1, b urself.

ther was this girl in my scool and she was a ginger hair (im not discriminating here) and was HUGE! she was about 15 stones and was BUTT UGLY, she had really bad achne! but she had the most bubbly personality and was really sociable. she was in the popular croud b/cos of this.

so basically looks rn't everything in life, yes they matter, but the person inside matters more.:p b ur self ;)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angelwings411 wrote:

Enough with the argueing and get back on topic please. :rolleyes:
      We are on topic. We're arguing about getting depressed over hair, which is what this thread is about.

kat1990 wrote:

You are very wrong to be so judgemental, Its nothing to do with a disagreement, see there you go, WRONG again.
      You make no sense, you know that? I'm genuinely wondering if English is your first language.

kat1990 wrote:

You said you basically find it fun to slag people for no reason cause your sick in the head.
      No, I just said I could live with that. I never said that's the truth.

kat1990 wrote:

At least some of us arent so critical as you.
      Good for you.

kat1990 wrote:

Every thread that someone wants advice on you vertually use wording that probably upsets people.
      Actually, I'm pretty sure there was at least one on here that I gave real advice to...maybe a few more. Not sure. =/

kat1990 wrote:

I gather you go around school critising people because your an absolute bully type.
      Haha. You're funneh.

kat1990 wrote:

I agree when you say over the lieing, but how you say it comes out rather mean.
      I don't care. Mean or not, the fact that it's true still remains.

kat1990 wrote:

You said its pathetic that member is depressed because of her hair FFS just accept some people are depressed for all sort of things.
      Genuine depression can't be caused by unfavorable hair. As I said, this girl has no idea what it's like to actually be depressed.

kat1990 wrote:

you need to develop a bit of understanding...
      No, I don't.

kat1990 wrote:

...not to mention the defining of the words you call people.
      Again, just because you disagree, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. You say my use of "coward" is incorrect; I called a person who won't be honest for fear of being bullied a coward.

coward
      -noun
      a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

That sounds like what I was talking about. A person like that lacks courage in facing bullying. Perhaps I'm not the one that has difficulty using words correctly?

kat1990 wrote:

E.g- as if im a coward, i help people, i support people...
      What the hell are you on about?

kat1990 wrote:

...all you do is critise which makes you a NOT nice natured person.
      Oh noes.

kat1990 wrote:

when someome PM's you, you cant reply in a nice manner cause your a idiot.
      Oh, I can reply nicely, I just generally don't, because I see no reason to (as long as the contents are idiotic).

kat1990 wrote:

sorry to mention it, but it is wrong to be mean to someone thats in depression, thats rather nasty.
      SHE IS NOT DEPRESSED. Although, even if she was, I really don't give a damn.

kat1990 wrote:

Yeah i have been terribly depressed in the past actually.
      Good for you. What's your point?

kat1990 wrote:

so why critize people because they get depressed over their hair??????
      No one in their right, mature mind would really get depressed over something like that. Could she be upset about it? Sure. But depressed? Fuck no.

kat1990 wrote:

if you were such an understanding person you would understand WHY people get depressed over their hair.
      Just because she's self-conscious about it, that doesn't mean she's depressed. Self-conscious =/= depressed.

kat1990 wrote:

btw theres a difference in disagagreeing than replying on here with this
      Holy shit. I'd be depressed if I was that stupid, too.
      No, no, no. I never said all I did was disagree. I said just because you don't agree with my assessment of people, that doesn't mean it's wrong.

kat1990 wrote:

How can you call that person stupid when you dont even know her!? theres your judgemental side.
      Because I read the first post.

kat1990 wrote:

maybe sit and think for a moment, and realize that not everyone can come out with truth sometimes, especially not if theyre being bullied.
      Because they're cowards.

kat1990 wrote:

Anyone understanding would understand another person maybe be different than you in how they come out with things. Your difference is just mean. period.
      I'm really starting to believe English isn't your first language.

kat1990 wrote:

Anyway i will leave it now...you obviously have a problem where you simply can understand people ,maybe you dont know how to understand people?
      Does this mean you're leaving this discussion permanently or temporarily? Such clarification would be useful.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]