Online Love

• Online Love

Can a really meaningful loving relationship last long if both individuals fall in love by words and smileys and abbreviations like lol and <3 on msn, aim, or yahoo? I SAY NO. I SAY IT IS PATHETIC FOR ANYONE IN A RELATIONSHIP LIKE THAT. NOW, IF YOU TELL ME, THAT YOU MET A BROAD AND YOU ARE MEETING UP WITH HER JUST TO HAVE SEX WITH HER, THEN FINE, I AGREE AND I APPLAUD YOU. But a relationship where a person goes far enough to say that he or she is your perfect soul mate. Geeeeezus, come on and smell the rich colombian coffee. Tee Hee!

Discuss.
    • Re: Online Love

Who are you to decide what is love between two people and what isn't? Love is subjective. No, I don't have any romantic interest or romantic love of any sort. But it isn't my right to say who is really in love and who isn't just because it doesn't make sense to me. People can fall in love based on personality, common aspects, and likability, so chances are they can fall in love online. After all, every kind of love is simply a product of our biochemical functions. There is no love that is 'truer' than the next.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

ANTI CONDOM wrote:

I guarantee that the people that you know have not even been married for 5 years. Am I right or right?

Correct. One of them have been together for almost 3 years :) But does it really matter where you met your significant other? Couples who met each other irl and have gotten married divorce each other within a matter of several years, sometimes months. The only differnce that I see present here, is the fact that some of them met each other on the Internet.

Ive dated with people i started talking to online.
      2 guys. One was a liar .. about his name age and his living situation.. The other wanted a hand job. Ha. Hes now with my boyfriends friends friend..

My boyfriend now we met through msn, he added me randomly months before we swapped numbers.
      We talked through the phone more than the internet anyway... and met a month later and decided to become a couple a month after that.

I think strictly online dating is kinda pathetic.....
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      &#9829;
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]&#9829;[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]