Anyone else feel the same?

• Anyone else feel the same?

I recently met a really lovely guy on a college trip. We started going out, i felt he was the right one for me and everything, and likewise to him. But i am slightly annoyed about something, which i dont really understand. He says he misses me, wants to meet up etc, yet when i ask him or try and make effort in arranging something, he seems to put everything else first. Do any of you have this same problem with a guy? I dont know whether im just going over the top or not, but in my opinion, if someone loves you, they would put you first once. It is getting me down, i know hes a really nice guy, but i feel he doesnt understand how it makes me feel when he makes me feel second best all the time, i dont wanna end the relationship, but i cannot put up with this. Tbh if i did this it might make him realize.
    • Re: Anyone else feel the same?

OMFG I'm not the only one, well I have the same problem (with a girl though, sorry). I'm not really dating her (yet, hopefully), but isn't it annoying. And it sucks because it sounds like to you what it is to me, they have no idea how they make you feel when they do stuff like this. I don't think your over the top about anything and you should just talk to him about it.

Yeah. Tbh i feel i have barriers will people, i cannot trust anyone because of how people make me feel this low.
      I try shorting it out with him but he sounds un enthusiastic. He says one minute we can meet, then another minute he is saying he has to do something, it really does make me feel sad because every does the same.
      exactly same yeah. He makes me feel second best, although he says im not he doesnt realize how down i feel when he makes me feel that way. He so needs to learn to understand how he hurt people.

I agree, this is why i always wanted a gf. I feel they understand me better etc.
      But then when i have a partner i feel too emotionally close to that person, im that afraid of being let down. What i need is a close friend/ or a partner, but im not letting myself close to people because of the way people treat me. So its not that i dont want it, but im losing trust in people.

You gotta talk to him and ask him why he's puttin everything else before you. The chances are that he doesn't even realise that he's doing it so he can make more time for you. If he carries on making excuses then he's not worth it. but tell him how you feel and give him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes guys are dumb. Maybe giving him a nudge in the right direction is what he needs ;)

I lost all hope in people. I can't find anyone who wont fuck me over. Like just now (not even 5 minutes ago) this girl said she wanted to hang out with me and she couldn't wait to, but I just called her, and she said she cant hang out and that's it, wouldn't give me a reason, just said "I cant hang out, I'm going to go now, bye." Makes me feel like shit.

Oh yeah sorry I meant to get at even if he sounds uninterested when you're trying to talk to him, you still need to, it doesn't matter how he feels/thinks about it if it is making you feel bad.

Your all right. I am very open about feelings, i cannot hold them in. But i feel im beginning to keep myself to myself towards everyone i meet because im just tooafraid of being let down by everyone. I havent had a good past with relationships with people, i still dont feel i have proper friends now, having a partner may just fill that space up in my heart and i feel he is that space to me. But this is the downfall at the moment. Its a shame though because hes such a nice guy, but i dont think he realizes what he is doing to be honest.
      I just wander sometimes when i will find some genuine people. Being single was less stressful, but i felt i hadnt got anyone there for me, still dont and its horrible. Having a bf could alter that, if he starts to put me first sometimes.
      Problem is, i wont even mix with new peopleif i start to keep myself to myself like i am doing now. But i really cant learn how to trust people just incase they do the same as everyone else. I dont anyone make effort in doing anything, the only person i actually allowed myself close to was my mentor, i cant trust any of my other friends really.

kat1990 wrote:

I recently met a really lovely guy on a college trip. We started going out, i felt he was the right one for me and everything, and likewise to him. But i am slightly annoyed about something, which i dont really understand. He says he misses me, wants to meet up etc, yet when i ask him or try and make effort in arranging something, he seems to put everything else first. Do any of you have this same problem with a guy? I dont know whether im just going over the top or not, but in my opinion, if someone loves you, they would put you first once. It is getting me down, i know hes a really nice guy, but i feel he doesnt understand how it makes me feel when he makes me feel second best all the time, i dont wanna end the relationship, but i cannot put up with this. Tbh if i did this it might make him realize.

I get put second to my boyfriend's car a lot, but then again I blow him off for mine too..... You just gotta realize he's got other stuff to do.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE girls make is to be availible ALL the time. If he says he can't do something some day, try for the next, if he's busy then again, tell him to call you when he has time for you and let it be.
      Stop putting yourself in a position to get turned down. I had that problem with my man when we first started dating, I didn't have a job at that point (old business shut down.) and was always availible, and that drive him crazy. Just do your own thing, and when he has time he'll come to you.
      [CENTER]Haynes: this internet dies more then tupac[SIZE=6]
      REPOST POLICE
      [/SIZE]

LolGecko;260339 wrote:

ROFL:lol:
      ALL HAIL MissV!

[/CENTER]

HayleyJenkins91 wrote:

You gotta talk to him and ask him why he's puttin everything else before you. The chances are that he doesn't even realise that he's doing it so he can make more time for you.

Another good point there, my boyfriend didn't realize how annoying it was when he was late a lot of the time, or blew me off for his car/a show. He's been great since we talked about it :)
      [CENTER]Haynes: this internet dies more then tupac[SIZE=6]
      REPOST POLICE
      [/SIZE]

LolGecko;260339 wrote:

ROFL:lol:
      ALL HAIL MissV!

[/CENTER]

MissV wrote:

and was always availible, and that drive him crazy. Just do your own thing, and when he has time he'll come to you.

you could drive me crazy any time...

reminds me of a joke:

a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel hanging from his pants
      bartender asks, "you know...you have a steering wheel hanging from your pants?"
      pirate says "arrrggghhhh...it's drivin' me nuts"

:lolz: