Break-Ups

• I've been going out with my boyfriend for about 3 months now. But I want to finish it. I've been wanting to finish it for a while now. I like someone else. But I'm rubbish at break-ups, like when I plan on telling him I don't want to see him anymore, he starts on about how he'll do 'anything' for me. Which makes me feel bad :/

I wanna break up with him, without hurting him, but I don't know how to :/

I thought about saying 'I'm not ready for a relationship just yet' but if I say that, then get with someone else, he's gonna know that I lied...

Any advice? :rolleyes:
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Break-Ups

You just have to be honest with him. If he has feelings for you, there's no way around hurting him. Telling him that you're not ready for a relationship yet is not the way to go. That will only give him false hope and you'll end up hurting him more by lying to him. Just tell him the truth. He'll be hurt, but he'll move on as time goes on. Prolonging it is only going to make it that much harder. The longer you hold out, the more time you give him for his feelings to grow stronger.

Do yourselves both a favor and end it. Staying in this relationship is not fair to either of you. If he'll do "anything" for you, then do this one thing for him and let him go. It's the best for both of you, as you don't want to be in this relationship anymore.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Jasmine wrote:

You just have to be honest with him. If he has feelings for you, there's no way around hurting him. Telling him that you're not ready for a relationship yet is not the way to go. That will only give him false hope and you'll end up hurting him more by lying to him. Just tell him the truth. He'll be hurt, but he'll move on as time goes on. Prolonging it is only going to make it that much harder. The longer you hold out, the more time you give him for his feelings to grow stronger.

Do yourselves both a favor and end it. Staying in this relationship is not fair to either of you. If he'll do "anything" for you, then do this one thing for him and let him go. It's the best for both of you, as you don't want to be in this relationship anymore.

word, take this advice and CrashKas' advice, pink fonted girl's advice will probably worsen things so much more

if it were the other way around, I'm sure you would like it if he were to be directly honest with you, honesty is a big part in relationships that matters from the beginning of the relationship to the very bitter or sweet end, you've got to be up front with your feelings when you have something to say

Be honest, don't play games, don't argue, don't be mean, don't be subtle (some guys don't pick up on that), be kind, and understand that he will be upset. Anyone who suffers rejection is going to be upset but he will get over it. You can tell him that the chemistry just isn't there. He deserves someone who will love him for the great guy he is.

Dont beat around the bush, break ups fucking hurt regardless.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Take him to a quiet spot somewhere, without friends around.
      Tell him exactly why you are breaking up with him, when my gf broke up with me she lied, and that hurt me more than the actual breakup. If you lie to him then you are denying him the honesty, and the answers that he deserves. Finally, don't flinch, if you show any signs of weakness or hesitance he'll pick up on them and think that you aren't serious and have hope that you and him could get back together. That hope would tear him up over time.

Bottom line: Make sure to be strong, and tell him the truth.

So... I was planning on ending it today. Thought it through about what I was going to say and how to say it. Went to College. A friend told me he was asking about me. So I know he was there today. But I never saw him at break or anything which is weird because he's 'always' there. >.>

So I didn't get to tell him. <.<
      I feel like texting him and telling him now instead(I know thats the cowards way out) but I can't wait any longer.
      I just know he's going to want to talk to me in person on Monday and I CBA if I've already texted him, telling him why.

Any advice?:(
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

RyanKey=MyLife wrote:

So... I was planning on ending it today. Thought it through about what I was going to say and how to say it. Went to College. A friend told me he was asking about me. So I know he was there today. But I never saw him at break or anything which is weird because he's 'always' there. >.>

So I didn't get to tell him. <.<
      I feel like texting him and telling him now instead(I know thats the cowards way out) but I can't wait any longer.
      I just know he's going to want to talk to me in person on Monday and I CBA if I've already texted him, telling him why.

Any advice?:(

If you can't see him between now and Monday, I think you should wait until Monday to do it. Breaking up with someone is already tough and dealing with it is even tougher. Doing it in person is more respectful and like Supersonic said, it helps prevent misunderstandings. I understand that you're anxious to end it, but you can't only think about yourself. If this were the other way around and you had strong feelings for someone, would you want them to break up with you through a text? Ultimately, of course, your course of action is up to you. My suggestion to you is to wait to do it in person on Monday.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]