I don't know what to do

• I don't know what to do

First off i am going to apologise about any grammatical or spelling errors as I am doing this from my iPhone

But recently well not really recently for the last few months I have been depressed to hell I just hate my life I am trying to change it but it just isn't working. I am getting rid of my old self and trying to get a new me. My old self was nerdy kid who was just plain nerdy nothing else. I havnt got a girlfriend and alot of people only talk to me when they want something. I am trying to get away from this and just don't know what to do. I am also in college full time and I am basically fucking that up I just some help ahh I just hate my life I just need someone to talk to nothing else. Someone who I can talk to in secrecy but I don't trust any of my friends with this I just don't know what to do anymore
    • Re: I don't know what to do

I think one of the reasons why you're so unhappy is because you're trying to please others, rather then pleasing yourself. You need to learn to be comfortable with yourself, in your own skin, regardless of what people think. Acceptance is always number one when it comes to feeling better. Is there a school counselor you can go to talk to there? They can help you sort out your issues, as well as try to make you feel comfortable in your own skin. You should never try to change yourself to impress others, especially when it makes you unhappy. You should try going to study group or out on the town with a few people you know. Even those you may not be close with them yet, those people could turn out to be your good friends throughout college, and accept you for you.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling
    • Re: I don't know what to do

Linda is right, you need to learn how to be comfortable with yourself. Try to stop beating yourself down and start thinking more positively. Whenever something doesn't work try a new approach, or keep on trying.. don't give up. If you want to change yourself for the better try taking it one step at a time.. more so than all at once.
      Even though you really wanna work on the social aspects of your life, you should still make your education your number one priority. I promise even if you do achieve what you want in the social side of your life you won't be really happy if you are doing poorly in class. Try looking into some tutoring or asking a classmate for help.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]