Acoustic guitar

• Re: Acoustic guitar

Hey there

Learning any instrument, such as guitar, will take a lot of practice. Not necessarily discipline, because you should just naturally want to learn your instrument. It should never be forced. Now, there a are mainly two routes you can take.

First of all, you can take the route of learning by yourself. This can be easier or more difficult depending on the person. Some people are more independent and can learn this way a lot more effectively. If you decide on this route, I personally recommend learning from Free guitar lessons - justinguitar.com - Learn how to play Guitar free here!. It's a site with a vast array of information and methods of practice for any skill level. You can definitely find some great stuff there, and I use this site myself.

Second, you can pay to have private lessons. This is also very effective, as you'll also learn the wisdom that goes along with learning the guitar. Learning from an instructor is good if you're not very independent and require one on one help from someone well versed in the area you're trying to learn. I personally do a combination of both private lessons and online study.

Do whatever you feel is best, and I'm sure you'll do fine either way. All it takes is practice and enjoying it. If you're not into it, you'll go nowhere :)

Good luck.
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Buy a hard case, if it doesn't come with one already. Even just a gig bag is fine, the point is not to let it stay in the open air where it's exposed because it can warp. Get some picks, guitar cleaner (use this sparingly,) a soft cloth to clean it with...extra strings (these save your ass over and over again) and maybe invest in lessons. Or Youtube them...

There are some great guitar tab sites out there, my favorite is Ultimate-guitar.com
      [CENTER][COLOR="Green"]I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other. [/COLOR]
      :jmp:[/CENTER]

BTW, a guitar tab is like vveeerrryyy simplified sheet music, it only teaches you to play the songs you like, it doesn't give you lessons.

Personally, I think lessons are shit and have done fantastic just learning on my own and stuff...
      [CENTER][COLOR="Green"]I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other. [/COLOR]
      :jmp:[/CENTER]