Career/College

• Career/College

Once again, I am unsure on what I want to do. I seem to keep changing my mind quite often.

Career/Job choices I have considered:

Forensic Science
      Something in design
      Work with animals(but not be a vet)
      Musician
      Songwriting(Something I enjoy alot, but can't find a course just for that :/ )

I want to do something I enjoy, something I'm passionate about, something I can keep on doing without getting bored of it. Parents keep suggesting Office/IT work, but thats something I DON'T want to do. Simply because it will bore me to tears, just sitting there for hours ect.

I took a personality test online and I can post my results, but it doesn't actally give any careers I could do.

This is what I need help with.

What career choices would you suggest? :confused:

*Will post my blog(has my results on) Instead of making this post even longer :wink:

Thanks in advance :)

Will thank/add karma to helpful posts :)

Blog: Expect Nothing BUT Randomness xD :): Career Interests Report (Will Need This Later)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Career/College

RyanKey=MyLife wrote:

Career/Job choices I have considered:

Forensic Science
      Something in design
      Work with animals(but not be a vet)
      Musician
      Songwriting(Something I enjoy alot, but can't find a course just for that :/ )

I want to do something I enjoy, something I'm passionate about, something I can keep on doing without getting bored of it.jodiekey.blogspot.com/2010/03/…eport-will-need-this.html

here's a thought;;
      why not combine design and music by designing album covers, posters, or merchandise for bands? on the side, you could do songwriting and maybe put out your own records with your own album covers, as well. to do this, you would need a major in design and a minor in business, i'd imagine. and since songwriting isn't really a "teachable" subject, just practice doing that on your own until you make some things you really like.
      and if you really want to work with animals, do some dog walking. and again, design your own ad in the paper and charge a reasonable price.
      just remember that you don't have to do one or the other. you can combine a few things you love into one possible career.

I can't tell you what you should do witht he rest of your life, but I do agree with you that you should do something that you enjoy and you love.

Have you considered doing a little work expereience? I'm sure your school/college can give you help in finding volunteering experience so you can see the work that you're indecisive about first hand. That's what I did and I chose Law in the end :)

Another factor you have to think about is if the job that you want to do will still be around in the future at a high pay rate, because you don't want to train for something and not get any work in the end of it.

I hope you make a choice, it doesn't matter if you don't just yet. I didn't until the very very last minute.

Good Luck! x

Most careers that have to do with art/music are extremely low-paying and difficult to find work for. Art blocks, and always worrying about paying the bills and finding work, can really detract from the whole "doing what I love" thing. That's just a personal opinion, because I love art and writing too, but it's hard to live off just that.

Working with animals can be incredibly rewarding, but again, depending on what you are thinking of in particular, it can be hard to get ahead and make a living out of it.

Except for forensic science, those are all careers I'd suggest doing on the side, with a job that has a steadier income. And if you're succesful at it, you could always move into that completely. It's just that so many people throw themselves at the more artistic careers, but don't succeed, and are left without any direction or education.