Family, Love or Uni

• Family, Love or Uni

I am a senior and going to university next fall. I have been imagining my “uni” life, making new friends, living in a dorm, taking new classes, and taking care of myself! I live in a small town where everybody knows everybody. My boyfriend lives in the same town, but he is not going to college. I want to venture out and experience different things, but that means I have to leave my family, boyfriend, and my friends in town. All of this is exciting, but at the same time, scary. I am not sure if I am ready to “uni.” Any suggestions?
    • Re: Family, Love or Uni

It is always scary going off to a university for the first time, but we all have to leave the nest sometime. There comes a point in our lives that we grow up and leave the family or our friends behind, the people in our lives are always coming and going. Also, I have heard from everyone.. and know from experience.. high school friends come and go, but college friends have the potential to be in your life for a really long time.

Don't fear change, we all have to face it sometime. Do what is best for you.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

willie53 wrote:

I am a senior and going to university next fall. I have been imagining my “uni” life, making new friends, living in a dorm, taking new classes, and taking care of myself! I live in a small town where everybody knows everybody. My boyfriend lives in the same town, but he is not going to college. I want to venture out and experience different things, but that means I have to leave my family, boyfriend, and my friends in town. All of this is exciting, but at the same time, scary. I am not sure if I am ready to “uni.” Any suggestions?

It's natural for you to feel scared about leaving behind your loved ones and leaving behind what you're used to. University is like a whole new chapter in your life. It has the potential to be the best thing or the worst thing, it all comes down to what you put into it. You'll probably still feel scared until you're actually there and settled in with everything. It's good to have new experiences and step out of your comfort zone from time to time, it's a part of living.

Remember, just because you're leaving doesn't mean your family and friends will be out of the picture forever, or at all. You may not get to see them often, but that makes your time together even more special. If you enjoy the university you're attending, it could be one of the best decisions you make for yourself. Do what's best for you. All of it can work out, in the end. You can still stay in touch with everyone. You'll figure it out :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

well regardless of what you choose im sure your family will have your back and support u. talk to them and see what they say. u can always go to a uni thats not too far so that u can live at home if tht helps also remember there's like spring break and everything when u can come bak your not necessarily leaving 4 good