Self-confidence

• Self-confidence

Hello there,

In relationships you need have self confidence to succeed. It doesn't matter if you are a jerk or the most annoying person on earth as long as you are self confident. Right?

So if a boy has very poor self confidence, what exactly should he do to overcome his problem? If that boy has been raised to be such a kind and caring person that he cares about anyones opinion, what should he do?
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
    • Re: Self-confidence

He shouldn't change who he is. He should try becoming comfortable with who he is. He shouldn't give up on relationships just yet, especially if he is just a boy. I believe that with age comes self-confidence. Teenage years are so confusing and you're bound to be a lot different as you get older.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
      white noise, pills, and Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Yeah, especially through high school, even someone who is a callous will have some self esteem issues. Just try your best to be comfortable with who you are and find a group of friends however small who accept you for who you are 100%. That was the biggest thing for me, I have 3 really close friends who are unbelievably supportive. When all else fails, go to someone who you can vent to and just let everything out and hopefully let it go.

Oh and self confidence will come with people who are behind you and accept you. Best of luck.
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]"What we do in life echoes in ete[/SIZE][SIZE=3]rnity."[/SIZE]
      ~ Maximus from The Gladiator[/CENTER]

sakishrist wrote:

That just doesn't seem right ... isn't teenage years the ones you try all the new stuff and do all those crazy things ... why do so many people have the most exciting memories from that age?

If you want to do crazy things then do them. You don't have to change who you are to try new things.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with

There comes that problem ... self confidence. :(

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Maximus1991 wrote:

Yeah, especially through high school, even someone who is a callous will have some self esteem issues. Just try your best to be comfortable with who you are and find a group of friends however small who accept you for who you are 100%. That was the biggest thing for me, I have 3 really close friends who are unbelievably supportive. When all else fails, go to someone who you can vent to and just let everything out and hopefully let it go.

Oh and self confidence will come with people who are behind you and accept you. Best of luck.
      Thanks ... Going to someone who I can vent to means going to someone random, since I don't feel like I really have that close friends. I mean that we haven't actually spoken for 2 weeks and I don't feel really comfortable talking about anything to them ... idk why.
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]

You should basically adopt the mentality that you are the sh*t and the greatest thing that ever happened to the world. You don't have to become totally arrogant, but if you try to think that way about yourself you'll probly begin to believe it and as a result become more comfortable with yourself.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Don't think too highly of yourself though. People don't like that. Having confidence and being arrogant are two completely different things.
      Just don't try being perfect. No one is. It's ok to have faults and insecurities, and you're more human if you do.

When you feel unconfident tell yourself that you matter. You have thoughts, opinions, and you have something to contribute to conversations. You're someone worth knowing.

I personally find that having a goal(s) to work towards gives me self confidence. If you're at school, think about what you want to achieve over the next two years perhaps, if you're at uni, think where you want to get after your degree. Once you find a path to follow for yourself, you can walk around happily knowing that what you're doing helps you towards your goal. That confidence should become evident not only in your actual study, but also in general. Someone with purpose and direction naturally has a better self confidence, and more self understanding.

If you can think of a goal you feel strongly about, be it to complete a challenging class, to come top in your favourite subject, to score a lead in the school play or to investigate and work towards your dream career, then run with it, and see what happens!
      [CENTER][COLOR="Green"]If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
      [/COLOR][/CENTER]