looks...

• so im new to this forum thing but i just wanted to ask if looks, especially weight, are really that important to guys. ive really been wanting a boyfriend lately and im really not ugly, im not being concieted or anything its just i know im not ugly im just carrying quite a few extra pounds, but is that really why i cant get a boyfriend? literally all of my friends have boyfriends and ive just been feeling really insecure lately, can anyone help?:confused:
    • Re: looks...

Welcome to Teen Hut :D

As long as your a happy bubbly caring person. Physical appearance is always second best, to a beautiful personality. So let the boys see that :) The worst thing about having extra weight is showing other people, especially boys that your insecure about it, as long as your confident about how you look, most boys that are worth the time wouldn't even notice!

Okay to be honest.. if I see two girls walking down the street. Both have equally pretty faces, but one is more chubby than the other, The skinnier girl would catch my attention first

BUT THat's if I didn't know the girls. It's really your personality that matters. If you're a nice, friendly, always-happy girl .. thats the kind of girl I'd go for.. and if a girl who's slightly chubby has that personality.. I'd take her over some skinny, spoiled, conceited girl anyday : )

juicycouture21 wrote:

thanks jack but its all hard because im 16 with great friends and a great life but its like im feeling like i cant be happy without a guy in my life im almost done with the second year of highschool and havent had a single boyfriend yet in highschool and its funny beause i had a few serious relationships is middle school but nada in highschool

Seriously, us guys are waaaay over-rated, all we do is break Girls heart's and cause trouble... Good for nothing! But if you have your heart set on it, then you really just need to let a guy get to know you. People slam it, but I reckon that's where the internet helps. If there's a guy you like, add him on facebook and take it from there? it actually works, especially effective for shy people :)

Pallas wrote:

I will not come within 10 feet of anyone that has a bodyfat percentage of higher than 12. That means if a girl is 5'5'', she better be maximum 110lbs.

If a chick is fat, the only reason I will ever approach her is to point out the treadmills at the gym.

Every single guy in the world agrees with me.

You seem to have a messed up perception on what a correct weight is for height. Let me help you :

Please consult google before you make such ignorant statements.
      Also, unless you know every single guy in the world, I don't suggest you speak for them. You can only speak for yourself.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

You seem to have a messed up perception on what a correct weight is for height. Let me help you :

Please consult google before you make such ignorant statements.
      Also, unless you know every single guy in the world, I don't suggest you speak for them. You can only speak for yourself.

That should be called "The Chart of Female Fatasses and Male Sticks."

Pallas, a woman with less than 12% bodyfat would have NO boobs at all, none.

Women have much higher bodyfats than men due to their boobs and asses, a guy with 10% bodyfat would have visible ab's, the pic on your avatar that you stole from someone on facebook most likely is about 8%.

If your looking for a girl with flat ab's, lets take about 10% as the base, now we can add several extra percent for her breasts and middle, so a skinny girl with any boobs is still going to have a bodyfat over 15% if she has boobs, guys have lower body fats than women because they lack breasts (giant fatty deposits basicaly)

Just to clear some things up :)

Also the pic in your avatar clearly shows a male well under the high mark on that BMI chart linda posted, that fella is smaller than me and im slightly under the high mark for my height, so dont go claiming its for male sticks coz that would certainly make you a stick. Most men weigh considerably over the high mark because they have VERY high bodyfats.

a 220lb man is pretty average now, but they only weigh that much because they have a 60lb fat sack attached to their middle, if they cut down to about 10% BF most grown men wouldnt weigh more than 165lb's. (not including the tall fella's.)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sharkbait ().

Sharkbait wrote:

Pallas, a woman with less than 12% bodyfat would have NO boobs at all, none.

Women have much higher bodyfats than men due to their boobs and asses, a guy with 10% bodyfat would have visible ab's, the pic on your avatar that you stole from someone on facebook most likely is about 8%.

If your looking for a girl with flat ab's, lets take about 10% as the base, now we can add several extra percent for her breasts and middle, so a skinny girl with any boobs is still going to have a bodyfat over 15% if she has boobs, guys have lower body fats than women because they lack breasts (giant fatty deposits basicaly)

Just to clear some things up :)

Sooo what you are trying to say is... You like fat chicks?

As to your comment about my avatar...

I am 5'11'', 205lbs, 8% bodyfat when completely dehydrated.

My daily caloric intake is 3500 calories. My maintenance is 3000, but I am currently bulking.

I squat 405, bench 220 and deadlift 450.

The picture is of me straight off a cut - I have gained weight since then. I am willing to prove any of my stats.

a 5'5'' ft girl with 12% body fat will have plenty of boobage. Granted 12% is tough for a girl unless she's pretty heavy into fitness and eating properly, but 12% on a female leaves plenty for her to have curves and look good.

Anyways to answer the OP, most guys will always go for the skinny girl. However if you're comfortable with yourself, then there's no problem. I know girls with extra pounds that are very comfortable with themselves and attract plenty of guys. If you don't like yourself, then make the commitment to change. It doesn't matter what other people think, it's what you think
      How To Get Clear Skin Natural/Home Remedies

Ripped Biceps Beginning/Intermediate Workouts & Diet Plans