What to do? If anything at all..

• What to do? If anything at all..

I apologize for the length. I hope everyone can make some sense out of it and understand what I’m trying to say.
      Advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

First of all, I started dating this guy in 2008 and we dated for almost 8 months, then we broke up. Through the whole relationship things were fine. Except for the fact that we always had arguments over the smallest, most stupid things. And it only got worse towards the end, so that’s why we broke up because we couldn’t take the arguing anymore. Well, a few months later he moved to another state and met this girl and started dating her. We lost contact for a bit, but around the end of last year we started talking again, especially these past few days. He was still dating that girl up until Monday, but he broke up with her because of some problems such as: she cheated on him, they argue all the time, she dresses slutty even when he asked her not to, she talked to guys in ways that she shouldn't have knowing she had a boyfriend, she’s extremely immature, among a bunch of other things. He told me that he loved her, but was not happy with her. After he broke up with her I told him that he needs to stick to his guns and not let her guilt him in to taking her back like she did when she cheated on him. Not yet anyway. He said he’s not going to, but I have a feeling that he might eventually because he’s afraid he won’t ever find anyone else.

Well, I’ve never lost my feelings for him. I’ve dated two guys since me and him broke up, but I didn’t have feelings for them like I did him or still do for him. And it kills me knowing that he’s miserable like he says he is. He says he doesn’t deserve any better, but I know that he does. He doesn’t know that I still have feelings for him like I do and I don’t know if I should tell him or not. Even if he did, I don’t know if he’d want to be with me since he doesn’t live here anymore. Truthfully, I’d do anything to have him be mine again so I can give him what he deserves. I think I have more to offer now than what I did when we first dated, since I’m older and have matured more.

So what I’m really looking for I guess is if I should tell him how I feel? What should I tell him about his ex if he decides to go back to her? I don’t know. Sigh.
      [CENTER]Proud mommy and wife![/CENTER]
    • Re: What to do? If anything at all..

Well first of all

Before you do anything, if he goes back to his ex then he is making one huge mistake.

period.

Now, you need to figure out, EXACTLY what caused the issue's when you guys were last dating and try figure them out yourself or talk them over with him and if you think you can sort it out then maybe let him know that you still have feelings for him and you want to try again, make changes to the relationship so it stands a better chance of working out :)
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

One way to start out of topic is to try and ask him "do you think we would still be together or give it another shot if you still lived here?" See what he says, that will ease the conversation. I don't feel like you have much to lose, and I'm sure he would appreciate to hear that there is someone who cares about him the way he deserves. How far away do you guys live? If he goes back to his ex, thats a big mistake on his part. If that does happen, try being like "I know this may not be the best time to tell you, but I never really got over you." Whatever you feel comfortable with. Both of you seem like you've had unhappy relationships since dating each other, maybe this may be a chance to make both of you happy again.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Kevmo7: When he got back with her after she cheated on him I told him he was making a mistake then, but he was "in love" with her. Which is something else that doesn't make sense to me is how he can love her, but not be happy with her. He goes back and forth saying he is happy with her to saying he's not. Maybe the fact that we were both kind of young and immature had a lot to do with all the arguments we had. I was 15 when we started dating and he was 16. Since then I think I've matured quite a bit and seems like he may have. We haven't had any arguments since we've started talking again, but it may be different if we were to start dating. There's really no way for me to tell at this point though. Thanks for your advice. :)

blackhawk226: I think I'm going to tell him eventually. Just kinda waiting to see what happens with him and his ex. At least give him time to get over her, that's if he doesn't go back to her, which hopefully he won't. I would tell him face to face, but he doesn't live here anymore. I won't get a chance to see him until the summer if even then. Thanks for the advice. :)

Linda: I've told him time and time again that he doesn't deserve what she is and was putting him through and that I'm here for him as much as I can be. He lives in MA and I'm in TN so it's not that far, but not that close either. X( I like the idea of what you said for me to say to him about if he still lived here. I might bring that up in a conversation next time we talk. Thanks for your advice. :)

The_Metal_Prince: That's what I'm going to do. Just giving him a little time though since he just broke up with her. Thanks for the advice. :)
      [CENTER]Proud mommy and wife![/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by rawrbbyrawrx3 ().

Look from a player to a none player it's all a game. he obviously wants you to like him which he already succeeded. hes never going to tell you the truth about his last gf his ex gf or anything because your a girl he wants liking him. hes always going to tell you the bad things about her and make it seem like shes horrible when in reality thats why hes with her lol. I know i might not make a lot of sense but I'll try to put it simple.. Don't tell him how you feel, see him as a friend he lives far and its already too complicated to go out with him, stop wasting your feelings and emotions on him. find a better guy. I've always succeeded to get into a better relationship than the last one, I'm sure you can do it too! Go get yourself a new hawt bf and stop wasitng your time on some ex that lives in butt fuk egypt lol.

Oh yea! Good luck =)