Raped at 18...please help me?

• Raped at 18...please help me?

I'm a guy.

I always thought that if I was ever put in this position, I'd kill them and/or report them in heartbeat, but I just can't do it.

I knew the guy who did it, and I always thought I knew him really well (we were good friends...I thought).

To the point: We went bar-hopping a couple nights ago. He got hammered, I was the one driving us back (I'm not legal to drink). We got back, campus was practically empty (early morning, 1am). I don't even know how it happened, he said something and, next thing I know, he's pushing himself on me.

I really did try to fight, but...I dunno. I guess I'm not the strongest guy out there.

I don't know what to do. I haven't left this dorm in 3 days except for class. And I want to tell someone, but I don't know who or what to say. I should have done something to prevent it. I don't even know if he remembers it and...can someone just help me and please tell me what I should do?

I seriously don't know. Please help me.
    • Re: Raped at 18...please help me?

Sharkbait wrote:

Ive never understood how a guy can rape another guy without some form of consent, e.g you dont resist because hes black mailing you or threatening to kill you, even if he weighed twice as much as you, how could he get it in if you were fighting back, moving around e.t.c?

dude... of course one guy could just overpower another dude. if he is fighting back and stuff, it just hurts more, but if the other dude is strong enuff he can still do it!

haruki wrote:

I'm a guy.

I always thought that if I was ever put in this position, I'd kill them and/or report them in heartbeat, but I just can't do it.

I knew the guy who did it, and I always thought I knew him really well (we were good friends...I thought).

To the point: We went bar-hopping a couple nights ago. He got hammered, I was the one driving us back (I'm not legal to drink). We got back, campus was practically empty (early morning, 1am). I don't even know how it happened, he said something and, next thing I know, he's pushing himself on me.

I really did try to fight, but...I dunno. I guess I'm not the strongest guy out there.

I don't know what to do. I haven't left this dorm in 3 days except for class. And I want to tell someone, but I don't know who or what to say. I should have done something to prevent it. I don't even know if he remembers it and...can someone just help me and please tell me what I should do?

I seriously don't know. Please help me.

Give me his personal information.. or just report him.

I think you should talk to him. Not in person, but give a call or something and ask him about it. See if he remembers. see his reaction, and he may appologize. That may help you a little. If not, talk to someone about it. A close friend, or someone.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Sharkbait wrote:

Ive never understood how a guy can rape another guy without some form of consent, e.g you dont resist because hes black mailing you or threatening to kill you, even if he weighed twice as much as you, how could he get it in if you were fighting back, moving around e.t.c?

That is the stupidest thing I've heard anyone say on this site. Anyone can be raped, reguardless of age, gender or race. Unfortunately theres not a lot that can be done now, you said it's been a while since you attack so the physical evidence is probably gone, however, don't go down without a fight. Report it anyways, even if he doesn't go to jail his reputation as a rapist will not go unnoticed. Don't be ashamed, many men are raped everyday, also, consider group therapy, it will get rid of thoes "Im the only one." feelings.

Be well and good luck.

You lot have clearly never attempted anal sex for you to claim it is possible for a concious male to be raped while resisting as best he could. Even a 250lb Hulk would have a hard time raping a 120lb weed if he was wriggling around and not complying, men get raped when they just have to bend over and take it, because theres metaphorically or maybe literally a gun to their head, or because theyre unconcious, you dont come running out of the bushes, pin a smaller guy than you down and slide it in there np like its some kind of vagina....

ComplicatedMind wrote:

Report it to the university police immediately.

I suppose that would be the "right" thing to do. but man... would be killer tuff to do. then its public record and stuff. I sure as heck wouldn't want a lot of other people knowing that happened to me.

talking to him about it might be of more help to you.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

RonWeasley wrote:

You liked it, don't lie.
      \

DUDE!! thats wicked cold to say. If he liked it, probably wouldnt have talked about it and it wouldn't have hurt as much

scottiedawg wrote:

I suppose that would be the "right" thing to do. but man... would be killer tuff to do. then its public record and stuff. I sure as heck wouldn't want a lot of other people knowing that happened to me.

talking to him about it might be of more help to you.

How would other people know? This whole situation is between the police, the victim, and the committer. It would not be tough to do. All you have to do is report it.