Canadian Girl. o_o

• Canadian Girl. o_o

Okay guys, so yeah I'm not big on online dating or long distance relationships. But I met this girl on a game I sued to play years ago. And now I re-met her on xbox. She's so wonderful, beautiful, and has a great personality. I find that hard to find. I'm thinking about flying her out her for the summer and if things go well, We plan on moving to Nebraska together. A few problems though.

- She's only 17, so her Visa only allows her to move to America if she gets engaged or abusive family.
      - A plane ticket is f*cking expensive >_>
      - I'm broke lol. Getting a job soon.
      - She's Head over heals for me. As am I.
      - I talked to her dad, (which was hard) to talk him into letting her come down.
      - I'm broke >_> (said twice on purpose.)

Clavicle and Mandible give me some advice. ^^

-Sno
      [LEFT][CENTER] [SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]
    • Re: Canadian Girl. o_o

FunkyFresh wrote:

Just keep in mind that you feel "head over heels" for her right now, but things can change quickly and when it's a long distance relationship it's hard to maintain...So just make sure that you have the will to keep it going.

It is harder to maintain but I there is less to complicate things by not having anything physical to make it complicated, just raw personalitys really, if you get along great online, your gonna get along great in person
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Yeah, I'm going to be honest here and say it really hasn't been all that long since you two broke it off. It's good to be able to move on, but this seems a little quick. Are you sure it's genuine attraction for her that you have, or is it possible you're trying to fill a space that is now empty inside you? I mean, you had plans to marry Samantha, and right after you break up with her you want to live with another girl you haven't really truly 'met'?

She's only 17, so her Visa only allows her to move to America if she gets engaged or abusive family.

And this pretty much stops everything else for now. If anything, work, get some money, and go from there. Better to be prepared and give yourself time to make sure she's really the right one this time.

long distance is hard man. and we all know canadian girls rock im glad you found that out;) anyways i wouldnt pay for the ticket unless its for 2 months + cause it is a lot of money
      life may begin at 40 but it doesn't get very interesting till about 180.

for those who know me no explanation is needed for those who don't none is possible.

Kevmo7 wrote:

Kevmo7 and JoBro can also give you advise bud ;)

first off, are you two actually in a relationship?

2nd, do you two talk on the phone? video chat? anything like that?

3rd, what is the distance between you (flight time)?

We talk on the phone all the time. Again we've known each other for years.

We video a lot too.

Distance. Ummm, she lives in saskatoon, and I live in Beckley, WV. QUITE ABIT. lol

FunkyFresh wrote:

Just keep in mind that you feel "head over heels" for her right now, but things can change quickly and when it's a long distance relationship it's hard to maintain...So just make sure that you have the will to keep it going.

Heather wrote:

Eh, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but weren't you JUST "in love" with Sammie? :/

I only said it because she wanted me to. I loved sammie yes, But not IN love with her. I've had a crush on meg for the longest time.

supersonic92 wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to be honest here and say it really hasn't been all that long since you two broke it off. It's good to be able to move on, but this seems a little quick. Are you sure it's genuine attraction for her that you have, or is it possible you're trying to fill a space that is now empty inside you? I mean, you had plans to marry Samantha, and right after you break up with her you want to live with another girl you haven't really truly 'met'?

And this pretty much stops everything else for now. If anything, work, get some money, and go from there. Better to be prepared and give yourself time to make sure she's really the right one this time.

Yes, I understand what you are saying. We aren't dating yet. I have 2 months before her and I will start dating. And second. She turns 18 in August. That should give her time to just stay here then go back and get residency. I hope.

-Sno
      [LEFT][CENTER] [SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]

FunkyFresh wrote:

Yeah i agree. No point wasting time and money figuring out all these things, then finding out it's not going to work out.

It's a chance I'm willing to take.

NBstunter wrote:

long distance is hard man. and we all know canadian girls rock im glad you found that out;) anyways i wouldnt pay for the ticket unless its for 2 months + cause it is a lot of money

I decided to get a bus ticket which is half the price of a Plane ticket. It's still expensive but cheaper.

-Sno
      [LEFT][CENTER] [SIZE=2]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [/LEFT]