16 year old girl, still no first boyfriend.

• 16 year old girl, still no first boyfriend.

I'm turning sixteen next week, and I still have not had my first boyfriend, or kiss. I've never made out or done anything with a guy. Although you might jump to conclusions and think I'm a total loser, I'm not. People tell me I'm pretty and I have lots of friends. I just can't seem to find a boyfriend. My friends are always telling me I need one, which makes me feel even worse about myself. They don't understand that I'm just waiting for a guy I like to come along, I'm not rushing into anything with anyone.

I feel like I'm not normal constantly. I hate being so behind from everyone else. All my friends have sex, and I haven't even kissed anyone.

Has this happened to anybody? And could you give me some engouragement?

Also, another question is about making out. This might sound totally dumb, but is it hard or easy to do? I'm scared I'll be put in a position like that and be really bad at it because I've never done it before.Should I be worried?
    • Re: 16 year old girl, still no first boyfriend.

I felt this too. I started dating a few months before i was 16.
      I seriously take it all back.. all of it
      Please wait for the right person, youre saving yourself alot of heartache
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

honestly I'm a shy guy and all a girl has to do with me to get me interested is strike up a small conversation about nothing to get me comfortable, like in class or walking in the hallways. Take it slow and build the relationship up. From there the limits are how far he is comfortable with.

Next consider your appearance. Anything you think need changing? Consider getting a refresh of your look. Clothes? Un attractive hair (massive turn off, unless he really likes you, don't let me get started)

think about what you are doing in situations that you could be doing differently. Trust me Its better to try and at worst learn more about building relationships and yourself then to not try at all and regret it (personal experiance.)

You'll find him, just put out some bait.

- Shy guys voice

mahon123 wrote:

I'm turning sixteen next week, and I still have not had my first boyfriend, or kiss. I've never made out or done anything with a guy. Although you might jump to conclusions and think I'm a total loser, I'm not. People tell me I'm pretty and I have lots of friends. I just can't seem to find a boyfriend. My friends are always telling me I need one, which makes me feel even worse about myself. They don't understand that I'm just waiting for a guy I like to come along, I'm not rushing into anything with anyone.

I feel like I'm not normal constantly. I hate being so behind from everyone else. All my friends have sex, and I haven't even kissed anyone.

Also, another question is about making out. This might sound totally dumb, but is it hard or easy to do? I'm scared I'll be put in a position like that and be really bad at it because I've never done it before.Should I be worried?

You don't need a boyfriend and you shouldn't let anyone make you feel like that. It's fine to wait for a guy you like. You shouldn't rush into anything just because everyone else is doing it. You may end up regretting it. You're not abnormal or anything, it's perfectly fine. To be honest, I'm like you except I'm 17 going on 18. Personally, though, I don't think it's a big deal. I'm not in a rush and I don't feel like I need to be on the same level as anyone else. I used to feel like that, but I decided that I don't need to worry and I don't need someone else to make me happy. Your time will come. Don't worry.

You'll gain experience as it happens. Kissing and making out seems a little 'scary' to someone that hasn't done it before, but really, it will come to you when it happens. It just happens naturally and you'll figure it out as you go. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Don't worry. You're not less normal just because you're less experienced than your friends. It's fine. It'll happen when it happens. :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jasmine ().

dnt let others make decisions for you.
      its ur own lyf.(who are they btw?.):)
      if u feel that u dnt need
      something or someone.let them see it.
      stick w/ ur own rules..
      and sometimes its better 2 be innocent
      in something.
      save urslf 4 something worth saving..

am lyk u..
      and im not regretting it..

I'm in the same boat, except I'm an 18 year old guy. I know I'm missing out on a lot of experience, but I've gained some too by seeing relationships my friends have had. Without my own girlfriend, I'm able to take a closer look on my friend's relationships. I've gained a lot of insight.

Scorpio_ wrote:

I know I'm missing out on a lot of experience, but I've gained some too by seeing relationships my friends have had. Without my own girlfriend, I'm able to take a closer look on my friend's relationships. I've gained a lot of insight.

^^i am exactly like that!
      and to OP don't worry your only 16 years old. you have your whole life ahead of you. just forget about trying to get a bf, and eventually a bf will come to you. You just need to know when to go for it. take me for example,
      Last semester, for the first 4 weeks I concentrated on school and hung out with friends. Then, a beautiful girl came up to me, out of the blue, and said that she liked me. I accepted her compliment and kept working on my grades and desregarded her liking for me. that was a mistake.
      anyways, my point is 1. you get what you don't expect and 2. when get what you don't expect, know when to take a chance
      hope this helps

I am 19 and has never had a girlfriend. Even though i would want one that i can connect with, right now i have my mind set on more important things like getting my life situated. Dont worry about getting into a relationship just because your friends are in one or are pressuring you into one. Look when you meet someone you will know. I know i dont seem like i have much experience with relationships but i do know what im talking about. Look ur still young. focus on the your priorities like getting through school and eventually college.

mahon123 wrote:

Well I'll give you my thoughts from a guys position, hopefully hearing something from the opposite side of the equation will settle some of your worries.

1. Its absolutely fine that you havent done ANY of those things, things in relationships should never be rushed, and that includes the creation or realization of one. Society has this concept today that people need to do things at a younger and younger age, and at least from my point of view (Im 18) it seems ridiculous. Sure I've been in a long term relationship, and I've done things, but I don't consider people who haven't losers or lesser in any way. In fact, that your waiting until you find the right guy speaks volumes about your character, and when you do find that guy, or he finds you, he will value that more than you know.

2. And as far as your second question goes, just go with the feeling of the moment and it will work out 99% of the time. Any nerves you get, and you will get them 100x more than now when you actually know the guy, will go away when your in that moment, so there's no reason to stress over them. Also, most of the time its the guy that starts things, so you just have to relax!

Hope it helps!
      TogaLive

i hadnt had a girlfriend yet, and i was in the same boat as you, but then i just found someone, all you has to do (my key betweem c and b doesnt work), is wait and see, because i found someone and we are in love
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Oh hun, like the rest said- it's nothing to feel bad about.. I had what I consider my first 'real' relationship just before my 17th birthday. I kissed my first boy at about 16 and 3 months. I'd had boyfriends in middle school- but they were more 'I'm going to hold your hand and say we're going out so that everyone doesn't realize you're gay.' (There were two, and they were really good friends who are gay. In fact- I think last I heard, they were together.)

mahon123 wrote:

As others before me have said, this is indeed nothing to be worried about. I'm 18 years old and have yet to meet a girl I've wanted to enter a serious relationship with, I've never kissed anyone ect.
      In my opinion, whether such things have any importance depends entirely on what you personally want from life. Possibly you aren't the kind that has many shorter relationships or you just haven't met people yet who you can really connect with in the ways you consider important. Perhaps you aren't sure what you want yet, and don't consider the teen hysteria of dating to be very important. There is no rush!

I would strongly recommend that you don't need to feel inferior in any way, you're living as best suits you, and you are no less mature than others who make different choices. It's often true that you are respected more for your differences, as indeed is the case for me in this regard. Don't feel the need to fall into a system that you don't have a personal inclination to enter, just because it is 'normal'. You are individual, and will (I firmly believe) come to know yourself better if you follow your own road rather than joining someone else's.

Encouragement? I'm completely behind you, go and do your own thing and be proud of the choices you make. Think about what you believe, what you want and then feel pleased that you have the ability to act as you want. Anyone who respects such action is cheering for you, and that includes me!

Hell, I'm in the military, 18+, only kissed first time like 4 months ago D: dw, you'll get your chances, and when you do, they'll be great. You don't need to rush it or nothing; and you don't have to settle for any guy who's less than perfect for you.

As for the making out thing, it'll just come naturally, trust me. :)
      [center][size=4]Reach me at...
      henasraf.com &#9632; twitter.com/OhMrBigshot[/size][/center]

I didn't have my first boyfriend 'til I was seventeen, and I still thought of that as young XP
      Different people have different ideas of what's "normal", but that shouldn't matter to you, you just need to do what you feel comfortable with, so go ahead and wait for a guy you like, there's no point in wasting your time on guys you don't like, especially since that means you'll only be hurting them anyway. It's all the more special to know your first bf is someone you really cared for =)

Your friends really shouldn't be trying to pressure you into anything, it's not fair. Just be yourself and do what you like, you don't have to be just like them, it's perfectly natural to be different.

And as for the making out, I was as scared as you before I'd done it, but it does come naturally once you get to that point, and if you do wait for someone you like, like you're doing, then it's all the more special when you do it, and they wont care if you're not great on your first time =P
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]