The Military and Gays

• Re: The Military and Gays

Because this country was founded on conservative Christian values and has a stereotype of gays as being, well, fuck-ups that would only create some kind of extra 'evil' in a place called 'sacred,' the Armed Forces. Makes me wish that all of those that follow this line of thinking would just shut the fuck up and let the homosexual do what they want.

No, I'm not gay, and I am a Christian (barely) but it still angers me that crap like this happens.

On an unrelated note, did you say you were a Christian somewhere, NerRad? As well as gay? Just wondering.

BadReligion wrote:

Because this country was founded on conservative Christian values and has a stereotype of gays as being, well, fuck-ups that would only create some kind of extra 'evil' in a place called 'sacred,' the Armed Forces. Makes me wish that all of those that follow this line of thinking would just shut the fuck up and let the homosexual do what they want.

No, I'm not gay, and I am a Christian (barely) but it still angers me that crap like this happens.

On an unrelated note, did you say you were a Christian somewhere, NerRad? As well as gay? Just wondering.

But if our country is so against gays, wouldn't it make more sense to put gay people in war in hopes that they'll just die?

And yes, I am gay (not interested in going into the military). As far as being Christian, I really don't know what to believe so at the moment I'm undecided; just doing me I guess.

If I was in the military, which I'm probably going into, then I wouldn't want to be bunking with someone who may see me as sexually appealling. It would make me and the other guys uncomfortable, especially in the shower. It is a big deal, I wouldn't want a gay guy having my back at war anyway. They're usually more feminine and they're usually pussies and emotionally unstable when shit really does go down.

So the crooked guy is happy because he gets what he gets to join the military, but the majority which is straight is uncomfortable as hell.

Maybe you're right, maybe they would be able to handle having RPGs whiz by their ears in war, but the fact that I have to be self conscious about whether the dude is looking at me wrong in the shower is enough to really piss me off.
      Bring it back DJ, bring it back DJ, bring it back bring it back bring it back DJ
      youtube.com/watch?v=bllWzH359vU

The post was edited 4 times, last by RBRNR ().

RBRNR wrote:

If I was in the military, which I'm probably going into, then I wouldn't want to be bunking with someone who may see me as sexually appealling. It would make me and the other guys uncomfortable, especially in the shower. It is a big deal, I wouldn't want a gay guy having my back at war anyway. They're usually more feminine and they're usually pussies and emotionally unstable when shit really does go down.

Lol, this is a terrible generalization. Also, you could be in Iraq or somewhere where you could get killed at any moment by a hundred different things and you're worrying about some guy liking you?

Sure, it think gay love is gross and I would never be gay or join the military (at least not for this war, and for other political reasons), but I'm pretty sure most gays can control their raging erections for other men just as you can around women.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that if bombs started to fly around you, you wouldn't be a regular GI Joe yourself. It's a terrifying thing, being in combat, I hear.

Gays won't go for straight guys.
      Not all of them are the "wrist flapper" kind, there are also many really built, manly gays. It's because of all the media and such that they are perceived to be pussies.
      THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO MEN, how does this in any way hinder their ability to pull a trigger or get through stressful situations?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

BadReligion wrote:

Lol, this is a terrible generalization. Also, you could be in Iraq or somewhere where you could get killed at any moment by a hundred different things and you're worrying about some guy liking you?

Sure, it think gay love is gross and I would never be gay or join the military (at least not for this war, and for other political reasons), but I'm pretty sure most gays can control their raging erections for other men just as you can around women.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that if bombs started to fly around you, you wouldn't be a regular GI Joe yourself. It's a terrifying thing, being in combat, I hear.

My dad was in Desert Storm. My great uncle was in World War II. My grandpa was in the Korean War. My other grandpa was in Vietnam. From an endless supply of war stories, I think I have a better idea of it than you. War is terrifying, obviously, but they have to control it and fight. Gays are usually feminine. If gays were allowed in the military, they should be restricted from combat positions just like women are.
      Bring it back DJ, bring it back DJ, bring it back bring it back bring it back DJ

BattleForTheSun wrote:

Gays won't go for straight guys.
      Not all of them are the "wrist flapper" kind, there are also many really built, manly gays. It's because of all the media and such that they are perceived to be pussies.
      THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO MEN, how does this in any way hinder their ability to pull a trigger or get through stressful situations?

No, I don't think most of them would be able to kill. I think most of them would crumble in those situations. And that's not even my main reason for not allowing them. Liberals feel it necessary to make everything perfectly fair. It's not possible. To make this fair, someone's toes would be getting stepped on. Allowing gays would be uncomfortable and would piss most military members off, but the small number of gays would be happy. Not allowing gays would keep the large amount of straight military members happy, and would piss of gays. Majority wins.

And don't tell me most guys in the military wouldn't care because they do.

The post was edited 2 times, last by RBRNR ().

Fine, life sucks, then you die. Life's not fair etc. etc.
      But your idiotic generalizations are just plain bullshit.
      If guys in the military have a problem with it, it's because they are also prejudiced - like you - , are homophobic "tough guys" who shoot Iraqis, rape women, trigger happy idiots who are too dumb to finish university.
      Not a nice generalization, is it?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

RBRNR wrote:

No, I don't think most of them would be able to kill. I think most of them would crumble in those situations. And that's not even my main reason for not allowing them. Liberals feel it necessary to make everything perfectly fair. It's not possible. To make this fair, someone's toes would be getting stepped on. Allowing gays would be uncomfortable and would piss most military members off, but the small number of gays would be happy. Not allowing gays would keep the large amount of straight military members happy, and would piss of gays. Majority wins.

And don't tell me most guys in the military wouldn't care because they do.

Dude, the whole effeminate gay guys is a media stereotype. Most gay guys act normal like you and I. There is just the few who act all feminine (mostly because they believe they have to become this bullshit stereotype). I know of some macho gay guys who can put any straight guy to shame.
      If you actually got your head out of your ass for five seconds, I think you actually realize that.

And remember, we are all humans. Any person, gay or straight, can crumble in a war situation.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

RBRNR wrote:

My dad was in Desert Storm. My great uncle was in World War II. My grandpa was in the Korean War. My other grandpa was in Vietnam. From an endless supply of war stories, I think I have a better idea of it than you. War is terrifying, obviously, but they have to control it and fight. Gays are usually feminine. If gays were allowed in the military, they should be restricted from combat positions just like women are.

Cool man, do you think we care about your family history? Just because your family has military history, it means nothing to this discussion. Homophobia is homophobia. Why don't you also argue that Hispanic people should not join the military, because it will "piss off" the other soldiers as well?
      Exactly, you won't, because that is considered racism.
      So it is not okay to be racist, but it is okay to be homophobic, call gay people a bunch of effeminate faggots?
      I fail to see the logic in that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomb ().

May I point out to some people that just because you are feminine does not mean you can not fight. My friend is gay, and he has actually gotten in some fights. Not a war I know, but still. Just because you are feminine does not mean you can not fight and serve your country.

Also, women are in the service as well. So really, the excuse that gays are feminine and emotional, as many women are, is a BS excuse. I know plenty of women, who have been in the military. And no, they are not lesbian or all tomboys. They are very much feminine.

And who the hell cares if the other guy is attracted to you? So what? That doesn't mean he can't fight any less.

I think that the government is just afraid that people that are strait and in the military may treat them differently just because they are gay. Because as we know, there are many people out there that don't like gays. Put them on a battlefield and give them a gun, I think you can say hello friendly fire. And also there would be trust issues because of the ignorance of some people.

All around, I don't like it. Hopefully someday the stupid "Don't ask don't tell" policy will be taken away and everyone can just get along. I mean really, we all want to do the same thing, fight for our country, so why do we have to care about sexuality. That is something personal, and shouldn't matter as far as whether or not you can fight.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

RBRNR wrote:

So the crooked guy is happy because he gets what he gets to join the military, but the majority which is straight is uncomfortable as hell.

Maybe you're right, maybe they would be able to handle having RPGs whiz by their ears in war, but the fact that I have to be self conscious about whether the dude is looking at me wrong in the shower is enough to really piss me off.

Damn, you are mad ignorant. First of all, gay guys don't like every man that walks past them. Do you like everyone woman that walks past you? And if it makes someone uncomfortable to bunk with a gay person, adjustments could be made. But for the record, there ARE gays in the military as it is (they have the don't ask don't tell policy) and so straight men are leaving with gay men already.

Like others have said, not every gay person walks around with make up, tight clothes, long hair, and limp wrists. Just because a man is gay, it doesn't take away his man hood. He's still a male with testosterone. There are gay men just as manly as you are. Don't let stupid fags like Perez Hilton fool you.

People really shouldn't be concerned about whether a man likes other men or not when it comes to him doing a service to his country. It doesn't matter! If he was a pussy, do you think they'd put him on the field if he couldn't pass basic training? Do you think he'd even want to stay in the military if he couldn't handle it? Being effeminate isn't a good excuse.

And let's be honest, you know damn well some of those men fuck around with each other. They're in iraq for months at a time without women? You know what they do.

RBRNR wrote:

If I was in the military, which I'm probably going into, then I wouldn't want to be bunking with someone who may see me as sexually appealling. It would make me and the other guys uncomfortable, especially in the shower.

If that worries you, you don't belong in the military.

RBRNR wrote:

It is a big deal, I wouldn't want a gay guy having my back at war anyway. They're usually more feminine and they're usually pussies and emotionally unstable when shit really does go down.

Sheer generalisation. Do you have proof?
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

xNerRadx wrote:

Damn, you are mad ignorant. First of all, gay guys don't like every man that walks past them. Do you like everyone woman that walks past you? And if it makes someone uncomfortable to bunk with a gay person, adjustments could be made. But for the record, there ARE gays in the military as it is (they have the don't ask don't tell policy) and so straight men are leaving with gay men already.

Like others have said, not every gay person walks around with make up, tight clothes, long hair, and limp wrists. Just because a man is gay, it doesn't take away his man hood. He's still a male with testosterone. There are gay men just as manly as you are. Don't let stupid fags like Perez Hilton fool you.

People really shouldn't be concerned about whether a man likes other men or not when it comes to him doing a service to his country. It doesn't matter! If he was a pussy, do you think they'd put him on the field if he couldn't pass basic training? Do you think he'd even want to stay in the military if he couldn't handle it? Being effeminate isn't a good excuse.

And let's be honest, you know damn well some of those men fuck around with each other. They're in iraq for months at a time without women? You know what they do.

First off, there are women in Iraq in Afghanistan serving. Not combat rolls, but you know what I mean, if you know anything about the military.

Second off, if you really think the men over in Afghanistan are fucking each other at night you're fucking stupid.

Third, I know all gays aren't pussies. But as a San Francisco native, I can tell you most are.

Fourth, I think the don't ask don't tell is a good policy. Keeps both sides relatively happy, the only side it doesn't keep happy is the certain jackass group of gays who want to yap their mouths to everybody. And if it's one thing the military hates, it's people who yap their fat mouths about themselves...

I don't support homosexuality at all. A man and a woman go together, a dick and a dick don't. And I think that would disrespect the men who died for this country, and would degrade their manhood. I know my Korean War vet grandpa, Vietnam war vet other grandpa, and World War II great uncle would be pissed about gays pussifying the Marine Corps. And don't bother coming back and saying not all of them are pussies. No shit sherlock. But too many of them are pussies.

The post was edited 4 times, last by RBRNR ().

RBRNR wrote:

First off, there are women in Iraq in Afghanistan serving. Not combat rolls, but you know what I mean, if you know anything about the military.

Second off, if you really think the men over in Afghanistan are fucking each other at night you're fucking stupid.

Third, I know all gays aren't pussies. But as a San Francisco native, I can tell you most are.

Fourth, I think the don't ask don't tell is a good policy. Keeps both sides relatively happy, the only side it doesn't keep happy is the certain jackass group of gays who want to yap their mouths to everybody. And if it's one thing the military hates, it's people who yap their fat mouths about themselves...

I don't support homosexuality at all. A man and a woman go together, a dick and a dick don't. And I think that would disrespect the men who died for this country, and would degrade their manhood. I know my Korean War vet grandpa, Vietnam war vet other grandpa, and World War II great uncle would be pissed about gays pussifying the Marine Corps. And don't bother coming back and saying not all of them are pussies. No shit sherlock. But too many of them are pussies.

"Gay people are gay. That's the problem."

Nice negative rep comment! You have real talent for stating the obvious, don't you?
      "Gay people are gay." How retarded can you get?
      And homosexuality is not the problem, it is ignorant assholes like yourself that is the problem.

If you have a problem with homosexuality, that is your problem. Quite frankly, we could not give a fuck what you think. Homosexuality is more than just sex. But of course, you are too stupid to know that, so I will save the effort of typing out an argument, because I have better things to do with my time than to waste it trying to argue with somebody who is 1) To ignorant and self-absorbed to think outside the box for once and 2) is obviously prejudice. Seriously, get real. This is the 21st century. There is no fucking reason to not support homosexuality.
      If you actually took the time to socialize with gay people, you would actually discover that they are (at least most of them are) very warm, loving, and open-minded people. And being warm and loving is not being a pussy.

I bet you do not even have the balls to tell a gay guy in his face what you told all of us. You think just because you are hiding behind that keyboard and monitor and you are on the Internet, you can say whatever the fuck you like without consequences. Well, sorry, it does not work that way. Only pussies troll the internet, and shut up real life.

I do not know how many times we have to repeat this to you, but you are stereotyping!!!!!!! Let me caps lock this for you.
      NOT ALL GAY GUYS ARE EFFEMINATE!!!!!!!!!
      Get that into that thick skull of yours.

"Third, I know all gays aren't pussies. But as a San Francisco native, I can tell you most are."

Well, as a South African native, I can tell you most are not! Some of them, believe it or not, are large and hairy Afrikaans guys, who are considered, well, to be quite manly.
      Some of the gays I know are probably ten times more manly than you.
      And yes, there are the small number of effeminate guys, but they are of a small number.

So maybe if you got out of that small little box of yours that you call San Francisco, maybe you would learn something.

But you are contradicting your argument again. One minute that you know all gay guys are not pussies, but the next you saying they are and that they will piss all the straight guys off and that they will be weak on the battlefield.
      Make up your goddamn mind. Honestly.

Also, another flaw in your argument is you say effeminate guys in the military will piss the other guys off. Well, hello!!!!!!!!!!! If they are too weak to go into the battlefield, they won't go on the battlefield, retard!!!!!!!! Seriously, and not all the gay guys will look at all the straight guys. You don't look at every girl and say: "Hey, I would like to bang her."
      Gay guys are not animals, they know their limits.

And another thing, you keep on repeating that your father, your grandfather, and Uncle were in the military. Well, do you think we care? No we don't. So what if they were in the military? Big deal. Do you think you are going to get a merit badge now because they were/are in the military?

And gay guys will disrespect those who have died? Well, that does not really matter, does it? They are dead! Plus, I do not see how men who fall in love with other men disrespect people who have died for a country.

And the whole "gays will pussify the Marine Corps", again you are just being narrow-minded and stupid. If they are too "pussy like", they will not be accepted, retard!!!!!

So if you want to defend military - a system, mind you, that is corrupted - that is your problem. But don't come here and think you are just so fucking awesome because your family has military history, because you are not. And giving me negative rep does not solve anything, you just proved that you are nothing more than a useless bigot. And I have no respect for bigots.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomb ().

RBRNR wrote:

You're such a dumbass. You're negative rep made no sense just like everything else you've posted on this forum. Fuck you and your family. So they served in the military? That's fucking great for them.

If you really think that all gay people are pussies, I'd love to fight you. I'd make you my pussy. Your ignorance and arrogance just shows how scared you are anyway. And like Tom said, If they are pussy, do you really think they'd even want to be in the army? You're so fucking stupid. Get the fuck outta here.

Tombgeek wrote:

"Gay people are gay. That's the problem."

Nice negative rep comment! You have real talent for stating the obvious, don't you?
      "Gay people are gay." How retarded can you get?
      And homosexuality is not the problem, it is ignorant assholes like yourself that is the problem.

If you have a problem with homosexuality, that is your problem. Quite frankly, we could not give a fuck what you think. Homosexuality is more than just sex. But of course, you are too stupid to know that, so I will save the effort of typing out an argument, because I have better things to do with my time than to waste it trying to argue with somebody who is 1) To ignorant and self-absorbed to think outside the box for once and 2) is obviously prejudice. Seriously, get real. This is the 21st century. There is no fucking reason to not support homosexuality.
      If you actually took the time to socialize with gay people, you would actually discover that they are (at least most of them are) very warm, loving, and open-minded people. And being warm and loving is not being a pussy.

I bet you do not even have the balls to tell a gay guy in his face what you told all of us. You think just because you are hiding behind that keyboard and monitor and you are on the Internet, you can say whatever the fuck you like without consequences. Well, sorry, it does not work that way. Only pussies troll the internet, and shut up real life.

I do not know how many times we have to repeat this to you, but you are stereotyping!!!!!!! Let me caps lock this for you.
      NOT ALL GAY GUYS ARE EFFEMINATE!!!!!!!!!
      Get that into that thick skull of yours.

"Third, I know all gays aren't pussies. But as a San Francisco native, I can tell you most are."

Well, as a South African native, I can tell you most are not! Some of them, believe it or not, are large and hairy Afrikaans guys, who are considered, well, to be quite manly.
      Some of the gays I know are probably ten times more manly than you.
      And yes, there are the small number of effeminate guys, but they are of a small number.

So maybe if you got out of that small little box of yours that you call San Francisco, maybe you would learn something.

But you are contradicting your argument again. One minute that you know all gay guys are not pussies, but the next you saying they are and that they will piss all the straight guys off and that they will be weak on the battlefield.
      Make up your goddamn mind. Honestly.

Also, another flaw in your argument is you say effeminate guys in the military will piss the other guys off. Well, hello!!!!!!!!!!! If they are too weak to go into the battlefield, they won't go on the battlefield, retard!!!!!!!! Seriously, and not all the gay guys will look at all the straight guys. You don't look at every girl and say: "Hey, I would like to bang her."
      Gay guys are not animals, they know their limits.

And another thing, you keep on repeating that your father, your grandfather, and Uncle were in the military. Well, do you think we care? No we don't. So what if they were in the military? Big deal. Do you think you are going to get a merit badge now because they were/are in the military?

And gay guys will disrespect those who have died? Well, that does not really matter, does it? They are dead! Plus, I do not see how men who fall in love with other men disrespect people who have died for a country.

And the whole "gays will pussify the Marine Corps", again you are just being narrow-minded and stupid. If they are too "pussy like", they will not be accepted, retard!!!!!

So if you want to defend military - a system, mind you, that is corrupted - that is your problem. But don't come here and think you are just so fucking awesome because your family has military history, because you are not. And giving me negative rep does not solve anything, you just proved that you are nothing more than a useless bigot. And I have no respect for bigots.

You're amazing!:hugs: