iPod Touch help!

• iPod Touch help!

Ok so I bought this iPod alarm and docking thing the other week, and it finally came today.
      This is the dock, look how cute it is!!!!
      Edifier iF200 iPod Speaker

Anyway, it came with pretty simple instructions with basically only give help to the other style of iPods. (e.g. nanos, classic, shuffle etc)

it basically says that before I dock it, I need to make sure that 'Extras' is visible on my iPods main menu... Trouble is I can't find how to do that at all and I'm not sure if it can be done on the iPod Touch.
      So I decided to skip it and go onto the next thing which is hold down the snooze button for 3 seconds, wait for two beeps (which I get) and it SHOULD recognise my iPod and go futher to finding the clock and setting the time of the alarm etc.
      But it doesn't do this, it just beeps and beeps and beeps.

I've read reviews on this product and half say that it DOES work with the iPod touch and some says it doesn't.
      So I'm basically at the end of my tether so I thought I'd come here to ask and see if someone can help somehow.

Thanks in advance <3
    • Re: iPod Touch help!

Pretty confusing info on this thing, no one can agree if it actually works :rofl:but I found this:

Oui, c'est assez simple :
      - il faut d'abord appuyer sur Snooze jusqu'à avoir 2 bips
      - appuyer sur snooze un ou 2 fois (c'est sans importance)
      - rappuyer jusqu'aux 2 bips

=> c'est maintenant votre ipod touch qui commande. Pour s'en servir comme réveil il faut télécharger une app' dans l'app store, car ce n'est pas prévu!

Réveil Edifier if200 et ipod touch - iPod iPhone iTunes sur iGeneration - Afficher un message

Translated: Google Translate

I looked through the app store quickly and didn't find anything there, but maybe you'll have better luck than me :D

Good luck figuring this thing out, it looks like a really nice dock!

After some research, by default the iPod Touch has no functionailty with the device. Though, with a simple 3rd party Alarm App to wake up to your favourite music with joy I has a solution and I am currently going through it with you know Miss Lana the Yellow Banana. =]

For anyone else who may stumble across this in the future, just download an Alarm app or use the default Alarm on the Touch; also apparently the Snooze button does not work, though I haven't met the stage yet, I'll update this soon.

I just stick to Logitec docks. Never had an issue and they are fantastic. But it does look pretty cool I must say.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]