friends are changing.

• Re: friends are changing.

Yeah, unfortunately there's not much you can do but move on. It will hurt cause you've lost a good friend and it aint' going to be easy. People do go through phases as they grow up, and it's their own choice to choose the path they go through in the end. It doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to them at all, but if things happen to go that way, then it just happens.

change will always happen in life. you can be one way at the start of the year and another at the end, but just because a friend is changing doesnt mean that your friendship will just end, that will only happen if you or her really want that.
      allow them to be what they're becoming and you change accordingly to what you are becoming.
      as people get into the mid-teen's, to their 20's its quite common for people to start partying and sometimes even seeming like a whore. want to get as much pleasure as possible (lol utiliterianism).
      never underestimate the power of a sick mind :D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      The emperor protects

Jesus, why is it a big deal? She's growing up. Try it sometime. Nobody will ever stay 100% the same.

My friend has been BITCHING at me NON STOP because I'm "changing". And it's annoying as fuck.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

Maybe you could talk to your friend about the change you're beginning to see. Tell her how you feel and ask her how she feels, and how she's been feeling lately. If her behavior has gotten really bad(Which I somehow doubt; we all go through stages), there's probably a cause for it. Maybe a feeling of not belonging, and feeling a need to be accepted by others. Times like these are hard for a lot of people, but if you're really close to your friend, you gotta stick it out and just let them know that they're important to you and that you'll always accept them for who they are. Change happens, but there's always a reason for it. Sometimes it's not worth it and sometimes it is. Whether it is or isn't is completely up to you.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Jesus, why is it a big deal? She's growing up. Try it sometime. Nobody will ever stay 100% the same.

My friend has been BITCHING at me NON STOP because I'm "changing". And it's annoying as fuck.

okay u dont have to be so rude about it. like if ur gonna be mean to people when they re trying to ask for help y are u a member here

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

ya i know what u mean my friends have all being doing that latley to, but its okay. i ve changed. so have u prob and u dont even know it or u havent yet but u will. its part of growing up. what can u do about it ? if u think that ur friend ship is worth it fight for it try to stay friends with them ( every relationship friends or more needs some give and take). if u dont think its worth it find people that still have the same intrests as u

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

No need to mention your life failures here darling. Try to be less of a priss when you're attempting to give advice.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

isitso wrote:

No need to mention your life failures here darling. Try to be less of a priss when you're attempting to give advice.

Give me one example of a 'failure' here.

I'm just giving my personal take on it. Having somebody constantly telling you you're 'changing' is extremely annoying.

Really, if anything, it's a caution not to annoy and press the issue with the person.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Give me one example of a 'failure' here.

I'm just giving my personal take on it. Having somebody constantly telling you you're 'changing' is extremely annoying.

Really, if anything, it's a caution not to annoy and press the issue with the person.

Your friends taking advantage of your apparent weaknesses is not relevant to his/her situation. Your post is disgustingly clouded with your emotions. She simply stated that her friends were changing, she did not even mention anything that could resemble her 'constantly telling her friend she is changing'. Simply stating "nobody will ever be 100% the same" would have been a more appropriate response.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

isitso wrote:

Your friends taking advantage of your apparent weaknesses is not relevant to his/her situation. Your post is disgustingly clouded with your emotions. She simply stated that her friends were changing, she did not even mention anything that could resemble her 'constantly telling her friend she is changing'. Simply stating "nobody will ever be 100% the same" would have been a more appropriate response.

Nobody will ever be 100% the same. Don't press the issue with them, just let them be who they are, and, if that doesn't fit with your type of friends, move on.

Happy?

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

You have no idea how annoying it is.

actually i do been there done that and it sucks. but this person is asking for help not for u telling them that they "need to grow up ". this is about them not u

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Nobody will ever be 100% the same. Don't press the issue with them, just let them be who they are, and, if that doesn't fit with your type of friends, move on.

Happy?

YEP sure am thanks for asking :D:hugs:

The post was edited 1 time, last by sr12 ().