parents pushing me to be perfect

• Re: parents pushing me to be perfect

havee you tried explaining to them that it's difficult for youu? nobody's perfect, without your flaws you wouldn't be you. :) maybe if you sit them down and talk over it and promise that you'll try your best they won't be upset. i have really strict asian parents >< so i get this all the time. just say that you try your best (:
      [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][FONT="Century Gothic"]The greaatest remedy to a broken heart is laughter <3[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Red"]i lovee sleep, 'cause when i'm awake my life tends to fall apart.<3[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well, as parents, they just want what's best for you. They want you to do well and succeed. Sometimes parents can push too much, though. And they don't always realize it either. Just sit them down and talk to them about it. Try to catch them when they're not busy and they'll actually have time to listen and understand. If you don't say anything, then things may not change. If you're feeling overwhelmed, just tell them how they're making you feel. They care about you and if you approach the subject maturely, they may be understanding. At the end of the day, your best should be enough. You can't be perfect and I'm sure your parents realize this. They just don't want you to slack off in school or anything. So, talk to them about it and see how it goes.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I've tried explaining to them that we get stressed out to...........but what could I say.......hmmm they believe that their ALWAYS right because they were in this world before us and they know much more.I try everyday to tell her that things changed from now till then.............but it never works........all I do is try to explain.....maybe explain it to someone who would understand like your bigger sister or aunt or cousin.It'll work out!

Parents are sometimes right, don't forget, they have known you all your life, of course pushing you to get straight A's is a bit too much, but hey, they think good grades will lead to success, they are trying their best.

PS:
      I'D love to have parents like yours, my dad would be happier if i started doing drugs, than bringing home an A... and I'M serious.

they believe that their ALWAYS right because they were in this world before us and they know much more.I try everyday to tell her that things changed from now till then

truth is, they have been around longer than you, they have been your age, and I bet they also didn't like their parents' choices.

how can you explain what has changed if you didn't live back then?

EVERYONE has to admit they are wrong at moments, in this case, all of you are wrong, and i'm right(joke, lol)

My parents are the same way, I think it makes them good parents as long as they don't overdo it. I have had all my electronics as in TV and computer taken me away for 3 days because I mistakenly pronounced 'foliage' as 'foilage' when I was 11, which was a silly mistake for me to make anyways. For ADHD, tell your parents you are interested in considering medication or some other form of assistance such as help books to help your academic performance , they would be pleased.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

There not expecting you to get A's they want you to, they are just trying to help you get the best marks possible by making there expectations higher. My advice get some bad marks and then go on an average streak if it's really bothering you. when things get serious then try hard to get as good as possible. Never think it's ok to spend your whole life focusing on school work even if you do get a important highly paid job because likely you will be doing a hell of a lot of hard work in that job. Those jobs are for people who can cope with that kind of pressure and hard work I think you are not one of them. Do yourself a favour and just have as much fun with life as you can while still working to as much as you feel comfortable. Life will be better.

you need to tell them how you feel, and that you can't handle a certain amount.
      my parents are pushing me for straight A's in honors & AP classes, ACT classes 2wice a week, piano , piano competitions, youth symphony orchestra , 2 voice lessons, violin, and tennis 3 days a week. i almost want to kill myself, so i feeel ya.