What's the big deal about cutting?

• Re: What's the big deal about cutting?

well, i was cutting myself for awhile. and honestly it does help it sets off endorphins in your brain which may make you feel better. it basically is something you have control over. and yes, i see all of the points above, but it can kill you, if you cut too deap. and it's a bad way of coping with stress.

Not everyone does it for attention. I wish people would realise that. Cutting is coping and without coping there's suicide. It's one or the other for me. Self-Harm CAN and become an addiction for anyone that does it.

The people who go "HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I DONE TODAY!!" are obviously doing it because they think it's 'hardcore' or 'cool'. And frankly it's disgusting. If I was doing it for attention I wouldn't stress out constantly about hiding it and spend my time making up excuses for anyone who dares to ask.

It's like any other addiction. You HATE it and know you're making everything fall apart but you can't physically stop. It's secret, it's shameful and you don't like to admit you have a problem. Seriously, it just pisses me off when anyone says that *everyone* does it for attention. You know nothing.

superhuman wrote:

Not everyone does it for attention. I wish people would realise that. Cutting is coping and without coping there's suicide. It's one or the other for me. Self-Harm CAN and become an addiction for anyone that does it.

The people who go "HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I DONE TODAY!!" are obviously doing it because they think it's 'hardcore' or 'cool'. And frankly it's disgusting. If I was doing it for attention I wouldn't stress out constantly about hiding it and spend my time making up excuses for anyone who dares to ask.

It's like any other addiction. You HATE it and know you're making everything fall apart but you can't physically stop. It's secret, it's shameful and you don't like to admit you have a problem. Seriously, it just pisses me off when anyone says that *everyone* does it for attention. You know nothing.

i completely agree with you!!! if I did it for attention why would I hide it!? like i know some people do it for attention& i guess people just think everyone does it for attention because the people who dont are really good at hiding it?? so they dont know that the people who hide it& do it for coping do it?

Does it hurt? Pain is used as a warning and to tell us when something is bad for us.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

lostpariah wrote:

I dont know about the whole cutting is addicting thing: I never did it so can't weigh in on it.

However, if you think about it, cutting is just gonna make stuff worse. You might as well just write "im depressed" on your forehead. And if you do that, nothing will ever get better.

Anything can be mentally addicting. Eating, cutting, sex.. I wouldn't say it is a physical addiction, but one can certainly be addicted to it.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saradactyl ().