Need advice on boyfriend....

• Need advice on boyfriend....

Hello Teen hut members,

This is very long but I want some advice on my BF so please read and sorry if I have any spelling errors.

Me and my BF have been dating for about 4 months (12/8/09) and I immediately fell in love with him from the first day that I've met him, he said that I was the prettiest girl he ever dated and haven't been in love like this since his first ex, We see each other like 2-3 times a month (which is not enough) because of his job and my school, I have school on the weekends too. To describe him Id say he's very talkative, passionate kind and caring towards me. I on the other hand, I'm a really quiet and shy nature girl and I'm also very passionate around him, we have a few arguments maybe 3-4 times a month but only when we are chatting online, When we are together in person we are only disagree but never argue which is odd lol, when we argue I'll be honest I throw a lot of insults at him and for him he brings up things about me that he would never say to me if we were just having normal conversation, It's like when we argue he comes out and starts being honest like I've been spelling "pregnant" the wrong way, I add a "U" after the "A" for some reason and I've been adding an apostrophe to the word "want" and that's been a habit since like JHS and no one ever corrected me so I just always left it that way lol and he never corrected me instead he waited until we argued to say "and why the hell do you spell pregnant like that? stop doing it on purpose, you've been misspelling it for the longest and there is no apostrophe in want people are going to think you mean wont sheesh" and I told him why didn't he tell me that when I misspelled it from the begging and he just said because it was starting to irritate him, (what a jerk) I remember we had another argument and it lead him to saying something like "you're shy, i like straight up talk and straight up relationships, you don't talk in person anyway" he said this when we broke up just for 2 days then we got back together and I explained to him why I was so shy and quiet, I told him that I've been shy since I was a little child and that I am only open to people who I'm comfortable with like friends and family, and I said that I wasn't really comfortable around him yet that's why I don't talk as much with him because when I'm around my close friends I'm very talkative and open around r but I basically told him that it would take some time for me to really get comfortable with him because sometimes I can't even look him staright in the eye or my head is always down when we are together, 3 weeks ago I took a day off from my weekend class to go to the movies with him and we went to see "Alice in wonderland" I thought the movie was crappie and I told him that he seemed a little upset for some reason, so 2 or 3 days later he was acting really weird, like he didn't want to talk or something so I wanted to just play the testing game with him, I told him that I wanted to be friends but I was only joking and just wanted to see his reaction and he said "I don't know" about 3 times, and then he finally agreed that we would be friends.

I knew what I was doing was wrong but I felt kind of upset because he wasn't really angry at me for asking him to be my friend I thought he'd say something like "no baby I don't want to be your friend I want to be your BF" but I was like whatever Ill tell him I was playing tomorrow, then the next day we are talking and I told him "I know we are friends now, but do you still like me as a GF" and he says "yea, kind of, Maybe" and I tell him is it a yes or no and he's like I don't know, and that's when I tell him that it was all a joke and how I was just pretending and he thought it was a bit immature and he said "well you rarely talk in person I don't know if I want to be with you" and I started crying because I couldn't belive what I was hearing, Although I was pretending like I wanted to be his friend I noticed that I had to test him to get that out of him because he would have never told me things werent working out with us, I don't know why but anyway he then signed off so I wrote him like a E-mail and he read it but didn't reply so I came online and instant messaged him and told him to read his message and he told me he did and he wanted me to stop playing games with him and etc. and for a whole week he didn't talk to me a lot and stop calling me ''baby'' and I knew something was wrong. so I told him to call me so we can talk and he said he would but he never did call later the night he said it was because he was busy so I was like OK fine call me tomorrow and he didn't call this day either so I instant messaged him and he said he was talking to his dad and then I told him that if he didn't want to talk to me he can just say it and that's when he called but I didn't pick up because I was mad and I knew he only called because I mentioned it to him again, so when he came online the next day i asked him what was really going on and why was he acting like that towards me and he said "well at the movies you were very emotionless, you don't like movies, you don't talk to me much you talk 90-95% of the time" and he mentioned a whole bunch of stuff about me and how I was very apathetic and seem like I didn't care about our relationship, not passionate, he said we were not a match and that we don't share the same interest and I don't like his music.

I was astonished because I've been dating him for 4 months now and I know he's mentioned me being shy and not talking much but he never mentioned these others things. and this recently happened and I've been depressed . i couldn't believe he thought that i didn't care about the relationship or that i wasn't passionate when he told me I was before, so i was like fine because it seem like he was breaking up with me so I sign off and cried the whole day and we spent a day not talking but I wrote him an E-mail saying that I wanted him back and etc....I knew I sounded very desperate but I really loved this guy and I even begged him to take me back, I wrote him about 6 E-mails but he ignored my messages so I got really angry and insulted him and said really hateful things about him and that's when he blocked me then the next day I felt really bad for saying those things about him because he has never insulted me in his life so I called him about 5 times because he wasn't answering and I wanted to apologize and then he finally picked up and just yelled at me and said "Ill call you back" and hanged up, and he really did call and he told me that "I'm always insulting him all the time I get mad and how I need to contain myself and etc." couple of hours later I wrote him an E-mail to show him how sorry I really was for insulting because he thought I was just saying that and I didn't care so I wrote him one last E-mail where I said something like "look I'm sorry for insulting you I just want you to know what you said was really hurtful, i did care about our relationship how could you say I didn't when I'm always asking to see you and skip classes sometimes to go to the movies and spend time with you, I'm very sorry for begging you I'm still in love with you and i can't help it, but I understand you don't want to be with me anymore and that's fine goodbye" I wrote something like that to him but it was much longer, and what's confusing me is that he wrote me back saying that he never broke up with me and that he just wants me to talk more and share stuff with him because he feels that he has to entertain me and share his experience because I'm not a talker and that IM a MUTE and he said not talking is just a big turn off, Id say we broke up with each other about 3 or 4 times I know you guys are like "why did I beg him" but he's done the same through E-mails he begged me to take him before as well, We are back together but he doesn't talk to me like he use to and it;s like eversince the movies he was completely turned off or something by me I don;t know what to do. I;m supposed to see him in a few days because he asked me to come over on wed, usually when I see him we cuddle, kiss and do sexual stuff and can never keep our hands away from each other, but when we were talking online he told me what was I doing? and I said "thinking of him" because I was and he said "you better not be thinking of anything naughty because you are not getting none when you see me" and I told him I didn't care I just wanted to see him, he even said his cock was off limits, like what the hell? that never comes out his mouth he's the type of person who would say the opposite of that because he talks dirty when IM gonna see him its like everything has changed since the movies and he's just a different person to me now. I just want some advice on if I should keep him or leave him.
    • Re: Need advice on boyfriend....

I think that you should see how he acts on wed. I think that he should be fine with who you are. You are you, and you can't change just for him. He needs to understand that you are shy, and that you need to get used to him.
      See what he acts like, if you don't like who he is, tell him. Ask him if he just wants to get used to each other, an until then he doesn't want to do sexual stuff. He may want to start over in your relationship, and just get used to each other. If I were you I would try and do the same in this situation.
      If this happens again, I would say you both need to move on. Unless you are like REALLY REALLY IN LOVE, which I doubt, then I think that you should only give him one more chance.

Perhaps in order to make this work this time, you should work on talking to him more and being less shy. You can still be shy, and yourself, but show him you're trying. Think of conversations you can have when you are with him. A good way to show him you are trying, is when you are with him, and if there is an awkward silence, start a really stupid conversation that will make him or you laugh, than in the awkwardness say something like "See? I'm trying" and just smile at him.
      Trying to hold back on the insults when you argue is good idea too. Instead, I think a good idea is to just calm down and think about why you are mad, and not what you can say about him.

Just see what happens when you see him next. If you are having doubts and don't feel like it's going to work, it might not. Don't put yourself through it all again and again. Good luck, and keep us updated if you could on what happens when you see him.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Gooeyswat wrote:

I think that you should see how he acts on wed. I think that he should be fine with who you are. You are you, and you can't change just for him. He needs to understand that you are shy, and that you need to get used to him.
      See what he acts like, if you don't like who he is, tell him. Ask him if he just wants to get used to each other, an until then he doesn't want to do sexual stuff. He may want to start over in your relationship, and just get used to each other. If I were you I would try and do the same in this situation.
      If this happens again, I would say you both need to move on. Unless you are like REALLY REALLY IN LOVE, which I doubt, then I think that you should only give him one more chance.

Perhaps in order to make this work this time, you should work on talking to him more and being less shy. You can still be shy, and yourself, but show him you're trying. Think of conversations you can have when you are with him. A good way to show him you are trying, is when you are with him, and if there is an awkward silence, start a really stupid conversation that will make him or you laugh, than in the awkwardness say something like "See? I'm trying" and just smile at him.
      Trying to hold back on the insults when you argue is good idea too. Instead, I think a good idea is to just calm down and think about why you are mad, and not what you can say about him.

Just see what happens when you see him next. If you are having doubts and don't feel like it's going to work, it might not. Don't put yourself through it all again and again. Good luck, and keep us updated if you could on what happens when you see him.

Thanks for taking your time on reading and replying to my post, that is some great advice. I told him that I wouldn't insult him and that I wanted to start over, He understands that I'm a shy person and that I can't change that about myself because that is who I am but he wants me to talk more because he even mentioned to me of him always having to break that awkward silence everytime because I won't say anything, but I just don't feel comfortable around him yet and I've told him it would take some time, but he is very impatient and asks me how long is it going to take me to start talking more to him, I really want to communicate more but I can't control myself from being shy around him when I'm with like one of my best friends I have a lot to talk about and can go on and on but when it comes to him I'm so shy and nothing comes to my head like my mind is totally blank, but I will definetly try my best and start talking more to him and will keep you updated on what happens on wednesday.

Shyness is not a probelm. You just try to talk to him as if you are talking to your friends this can help you. He must understand your situation. If you are out of topic to talk to him about a topic which you are familiar with, like your daily work, what happened in your classroom or about your friends or about the books you have read try to get his opinion. You can see some how he will talk alot then you.

Try not to argue with him about anything. This will make your relationship more tight. Just be cool. Be prepared before you meet him

Maybe you shouldve gotten to know eachother really well before jumping into dating
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

shandy wrote:

Shyness is not a probelm. You just try to talk to him as if you are talking to your friends this can help you. He must understand your situation. If you are out of topic to talk to him about a topic which you are familiar with, like your daily work, what happened in your classroom or about your friends or about the books you have read try to get his opinion. You can see some how he will talk alot then you.

Try not to argue with him about anything. This will make your relationship more tight. Just be cool. Be prepared before you meet him

Yes I'll try to think of some topics to talk about with him tomorrow
      TY :wink:

I got to see my boyfriend today, I didn't feel that shy around him but I wished that I talked even more with him, whenever we are in his house both of us barely talk anyway because we are always on the bed making out then sleeping half the day lol well I feel like I did talk more with him this time which was good but he looked really sleepy and he didn't even feel like talking but nothing special happened today all we did was cuddle/kiss as usual and then after that something else happened :wink: (I guess his cock wasn't offlimits afterall lol) he actually took a day off just to spend time with me which was so nice of him and he said he loved me and I'm so happy that things are working out, next time I see him I'm gonna have us go somewhere else beside his house like the park so that we can both have straight conversations, Well thanks everyone for your advice.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gemini123 ().

Bottom line is ur going to lose him if u dont start talkin and opening up, i know how hard it is when your shy, i used to be the most shy person ever but jus throw it aside and try your hardest, dont start worrying bout making a fool of yourself or anything, cause thats what he wants, he wants you to talk to him like you do online x