So confused

• So confused

Well im new to this forum thing, but I dont know where else to turn to. I am so confused :confused:. Ok I have been dating a guy for 2 years, we broke up only once for like 2 months and they were the worst two months ever! :cries:
      And now we are happier than ever. I have always tried not to fall in love in high school because I knew that at one point we would part ways, but it happened. I dont know how, but I am in love with him. And he is the greatest bf ever. However in less than 2 months I am going to college and I dont know what to do. I know I cannot do long distance, I know it will kill me. But the thought of him and me not being together anymore is even worse.
      WHAT SHOULD I DO!?
      Sincerely, poetrylover
    • Re: So confused

poetrylover wrote:

Well im new to this forum thing, but I dont know where else to turn to. I am so confused :confused:. Ok I have been dating a guy for 2 years, we broke up only once for like 2 months and they were the worst two months ever! :cries:
      And now we are happier than ever. I have always tried not to fall in love in high school because I knew that at one point we would part ways, but it happened. I dont know how, but I am in love with him. And he is the greatest bf ever. However in less than 2 months I am going to college and I dont know what to do. I know I cannot do long distance, I know it will kill me. But the thought of him and me not being together anymore is even worse.
      WHAT SHOULD I DO!?
      Sincerely, poetrylover

Well, I think you need to think about this calmly. Think about what it is you truly want. Not being with him will hurt, but if you don't want to do the long distance thing, don't force yourself to. It may only make it that much harder. Only do it if you're sure it's something you can work through. Distance is hard and if you know you can't handle it, it's better to end it before you leave. That way, you prevent even more pain from happening.

Either decision is going to be tough. You just have to decide what it is you really want. If you want to be with him, you have to be prepared to deal with the distance. It will be hard. However, if you two really love each other, you can overcome this obstacle. It all comes down to what is best for yourself. No one can tell you what to do. You have to ask yourself if it's worth it to go through the long distance, or if it's better to let go.

Hope this helped. Good luck.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

poetrylover, I can tell you this from first hand experience, but from the guy's view. I fell in love, although at beginning of high school, I swear I would not. She ended up staying at home (She is still in high school) while I moved to different continent for university (University of Wisconsin). We both knew we could not do that long of distance of relationship. We still talked for many months on MSN, Facebook, Skype, etc. However, it was heart breaking for both of us.

I went back during winter break and had a fantastic two weeks with her. However, upon returning I knew the only way I could get through the constant habit of crying myself to sleep and not talking to others, was to give her up. We have not communicated for 2 months now, I still miss her, but I am doing much better now at university. I am able to concentrate, focus, what I came here to do. I know it is a bad ending, as it will probably be for you as well, but I know that there are plenty of others out there. I have met some amazing people, however I kept thinking of her. I think you will be best if you either attend university and move on from him, or you plan on long distance. Make the decision right away, else life will be miserable. The next time I am going back home will be next winter, and I have no idea how I am going to deal with seeing her again. You will have to think of that as well, you will most likely stay friends

Although, one thing she told me before leaving, was for me to go out and have fun, learn experiences at university. This is the only time of your life where there will be thousands of people your age, to make friends with and enjoy good times. Don't let other things stop that. Love Comes Again.

Good luck and Take Care. If you need more, you may message or chat more posts.

OMG this forum thing is so cool! sorry im a dork. Thanks guys thr advice really helped. Ive already discussed it with him, but it was a couple of months ago and we havent talked about it again because he changes the subject when I mention it. I think you guys make sense. I think ill enjoy the last three months and then just break it off while we still love each other and feel happy and then if I ever come back or he comes near me we might try it again. Who knows. But I need to be open to the possibilities and itll be easier for him as well. I want them to be happy too.
      Thanks so much guys, youre awesome!
      Sincerely Poetrylover