ehh

• I'm not really attracted to any of the girls at my school. The surrounding schools are pretty much trashy and the only schools where I'm attracted to any girls are 15-40 minutes away from here. I absolutely hate where I live. It's not that it's bad or ghetto or anything, it's just not where I want to be. I want to see new people, also.

I was dating a girl about 30 minutes away, but she complained about only being able to see me on the weekends and how she wanted to be able to hold hands in the halls of School as she sees couples doing.

I'm wanting a relationship, but this seems like a lose-lose situation. Anyone else have this problem?
    • I can understand wanting to be in a relationship but not being able to, but you're going about it for the wrong reasons. Don't get into a relationship with someone for the sake of having one, get involved with her because you feel something for her. You have many years ahead of you that you can worry about finding someone. There's no hurry, it'll happen eventually. It just takes a little patience.
    • supersonic92 wrote:

I can understand wanting to be in a relationship but not being able to, but you're going about it for the wrong reasons. Don't get into a relationship with someone for the sake of having one, get involved with her because you feel something for her. You have many years ahead of you that you can worry about finding someone. There's no hurry, it'll happen eventually. It just takes a little patience.

Oh I'm not trying to get into relationships for the sake of it. Yeah I want one bad, but I'm just not finding a girl I'm attracted to, and when I do, it always tends to be someone that's not from my school and is a good drive away.

If I was going to get into one for the sake of it, I'd date someone from my school.

I thank you for the reply though. I've been patient about it, as it had been over a year, and being with my last girlfriend really reminded me how great it is to be in a relationship with someone you're attracted to, especially since I get lonely sometimes, but I'll continue to be patient about it. The right one will come along sooner or later I suppose, it just sucks though.
    • I'll tell ya, I go to a school of barely 450 students, the nearest school is over an hour drive away, so I don't get many options available to me. I admit, there have been a couple girls I sorta got interested in, and there's one that I really wanted to go out with, but nothing ever works because usually the one I start to like ends up with another guy. I have never gone out with anyone before, and although I really wish I could, I force myself to deal with it and hope for something to turn up eventually.

I don't know to what extent you go to in this matter, but getting to know a girl puts you in a better position to decide if you want to go out with her. Maybe you should get yourself out there a little more and socialize, who knows, it might work out.