Where can a 16-year-old find a job?

• Where can a 16-year-old find a job?

Hey every one, the summer holidays are coming up just now and I thought it'd be good to go out there and try to get a job (mainly to pay for a contract for a certain 'Jesus Phone' which is coming out

Only trouble is I'm 16 and have next to no experience. I delivered leaflets for an Estate Agents a few months ago and I was a volunteer at aKademy 2007 but that's about it. I've already tried in a local coffee shop, I've tried Asda (aka Wal*Mart) but they haven't got back to me, and I have applications for Woolworths, WHSmith, Co-op, Zavvi, Waterstones, Morissons and Tesco which I'll be filling in soon.

Anyone got any other suggestions as to places I should try, or any other tips for finding a job?
    • Re: Where can a 16-year-old find a job?

Here are some job ideas for 16-year-olds

• Anything an adult can do except where indicated in the specific positions. Some limitations can be selling alcohol and driving.

• Anything but working in a liquor store.

• Fast food restaurant, car washes, actually you can work at any place that will hire them. Bus person in a restaurant, washing dishes in restaurant, cleaning, mail room person in large business, porters in hotels, caddy at golf course.

• Store clerk (retail clothing shop, hobby shop, drug store, etc.)

• Farm hand

• Receptionist or administrative assistant

• Movie theater attendant

• Babysitting, helping a small business owner, sales, customer service, technical support.

• any fast food places hire at the age of sixteen and some department stores

• Common occupations for 16-year-olds: cashiers and cooks

• Among youths aged 16 in the 1999-2000 school year, 68 percent held an employee job defined as an ongoing relationship with a particular employer at some point during the school year. Cashier was the most common occupation among 16-year-old females with employee jobs; cook was the most common job for males.

You can always try a website online that you get paid to use. I know a lot of people think they are a scam, but I'm nineteen now and I've been using them since I was seventeen. I also have a real job, but those sites have made me about $600 extra in the past two years or so. They're nice to use to have a little extra cash in your pocket.
      Teens, want to make [COLOR="Lime"]money[/COLOR] online? Check it out!
      Just go here;
      cashcrate.com/1817019

What a hardworking girl! I'm sure there are a lot of vacancies that you can apply for. Just be patient though. It's a good idea to get into summer jobs. It's making you productive during the summer holidays. But don't be deceived with the salary when you already experience receiving some. Remember that education should still be the top priority.

Hello :) I thought I would reply here, as I maybe can suggest something? If you a comfortable doing this then maybe you could spend your summer working in a different country? I did this last summer and I have recently recieved an offer to do it again this year. I have one advantage, which is that my sister lives in England, and so she can find me temporary work over in the UK and also I have somewhere to live, but if you cannot do this then there are many erasmus projects for which you can apply. For most of them you will not earn a big amount of money, but it will supply your accomodation and will give you some amazing experience :) And when you go back to your own country and continue your studies you will have something very desirable on your CV and you will have no trouble finding maybe a weekend job!

This isn't a real job, but you can expect to earn at least $100 if you try hard enough. You just upload files and whenever someone fills out the required survey to download it, you get from 40 to 80 cents.

sharecash. org/ index.php?ref=269581

And the reason you want to use this link is because I'm an experience ShareCash user and will help you get started and answer any questions you have about earning money on ShareCash.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

This isn't a real job, but you can expect to earn at least $100 if you try hard enough. You just upload files and whenever someone fills out the required survey to download it, you get from 40 to 80 cents.

sharecash. org/ index.php?ref=269581

And the reason you want to use my referral link is because I'm an experience ShareCash user and will help you get started and answer any questions you have about earning money on ShareCash.

Why don't you try to work from home online

It depends on your skills

You can code/program
      Build websites
      Data entry
      Depends a lot of projects

You can try this site Freelancer.com (or any other of the huge freelance sites out there) on this i earned a lot of money and i work from home ...

Remember you need to have some skills ...